XXVIII. The Choice

"I don't care if it's the Oberois in Competition. This is business! I need you to get this deal to Valens, that's it!", Svetlana shouted on the phone.
"But Miss Kapoor-"
"No. I have had enough of this nonsense! I..", She suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her bare waist, softly, under her saree. She could feel his breath on her shoulder.
"Are you there ma'am?", the employee asked over the phone.

Abhimanyu took the phone from her hand, "Do what she says. You know her temper anyways, don't you?", He said, his left arm still around her waist.
"Yes sir. Have a great day.", Saying so the call ended.

Svetlana turned towards him, his arm still around her.
"You know you scared me..", She lied, looking down.
"Nice lies.", He said smirking.
"Now leave me.. I have work.", She lied.

He suddenly placed his finger on her lips.
"You know I was just driving back and wondering what would we name our daughter..", He said. She looked at him in a bewildered shock.
"What? I mean.. We are going to be a family and all.. which also reminds me, I have asked Suresh to get our wedding cards ready. Although I wouldn't have bothered if this was London.. but-", She placed her finger on his lips.

"We are marrying?", She asked softly.
He held her hand.
"Obviously. You are going to be my legally wedded wife, girl.", He said grinning.
"And.. we are soon going to have our kid. You know stuff we always dreamt of a decade ago.", He said, hugging her softly. 

She drew in a deep breath, hoping this wasn't a beautiful dream.

"Now now.. I thought if we have a daughter, which is what I prefer, we will name her Vera and if it's a boy we'll call him Vladmir.", He said.
She smiled, blinking off the tears.
"Russian names, like yours.", He added,

"That's so sweet.", She said, embracing him back.
"Huh! I always knew I was Svetty. Just that you keep behaving like a bitter gourd."
"Ouchie. That hurt."
"Sorry not sorry.", He replied laughing, kissing her cheek softly.

"You don't love Divyanka anymore?", She asked, as he released her.
"Maybe I never did.", He replied with a smile, holding her face.

Shivaay slowly opened his eyes, breathing heavily.
He coughed, thanks to the dust.

"How are you?", He heard a heavy gruff voice from before him.
"Who the hell?", He asked exhausted with this constant getting kidnapped crap.

Why the heck do I not understand?!
How many times will I get tied up this way?!
Ugh!

He was sitting in his car, heading back to office and suddenly the driver sprayed something at him and zoomed off. And he woke up here, tied to a pole with metal handcuffs.

"The same guy who sent you a mail, baby boy.", The reply came instantly.
Shivaay sighed.
"What do you want from me?", He asked irritably.

"I need you to make a choice.", The man replied simply, wearing a mask.
"What choice?"

There was a screen behind the man that turned on, Shivaay could see Ansh in his bedroom, Anika pulling her cheeks and cuddling him. Shivaay felt his lips curve into an instant smile. He always felt a peace whenever he saw them together.

"That is your son.. Ansh Singh Oberoi..", The masked man said.
"And.."
The screen shifted to a car. The road was headed towards some place, but there was audio.
"I don't even understand what you think at times!", The voice, Shivaay knew well enough. It was Abhimanyu, laughing.
"Men usually don't, Iron Man. Only guy who did was your dad.", The feminine voice replied giggling.

"Svetlana.", Shivaay mumbled, the cold realisation suddenly dawning upon him.

"Ouch. I am damn jealous of my father-", And the video turned off.