XIII. Men In Blue

A man sat in the cheap pub, sipping some whiskey. His face was hidden under the hood of his blue jacket. He was waiting for someone.
Just then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to find another man, in a blue hoodie with a Doreamon on it. 

"Nice choice.", The first said grinning.
"Haha.. Sure. Thank you very much.", The other replied sarcastically and sat down opposite to him.
"A Rémy Martin XO please.", He said. The bartender looked at him in confusion.
"Is there any brandy here?", The first man asked.
"Sir.. we only have whiskey and vodka.", The bartender said.

"Duh! Just a two rupees place to be in. Get me vodka.", The second said in annoyance. The bartender left immediately.
"Your wife would be proud to know that her husband who has a net worth of some  ten thousand crores uses her exclusive words.", Abhimanyu said grinning.

Shivaay sighed.

He already felt like an absolute cartoon wearing the hoodie, moreover this place was absolutely disgusting!

"What made you think this was a great meeting place?!", Shivaay asked irritably.
"Because..", He pulled his chair forward, "No one will ever expect us here."
"Yeah-", Suddenly a woman walked down to them and touched Shivaay's shoulder.

His face flustered.
"Hey baby.. Wanna go for a night?", The woman asked seductively.
Abhimanyu tried very hard to keep a straight face, but Shivaay had gone absolutely pale and awkward.

Poor kid.
Abhimanyu thought grinning now as Shivaay sat still unable to react.

"Hey Baby girl.. This guys married.", Abhimanyu said. She removed as hand as Shivaay heaved a breath of relief.
"Aww. Such a cutie he is.", She said as Shivaay nodded awkwardly.

"New name for you, Chuimui Singh Oberoi.", Abhimanyu said breaking into hysterical laughter.

"Haha very funny joke.. Now can we start the work please?", Shivaay asked irritably.

Shivaay drew in a deep breath, slowly getting back to normal.

"Look, Svetlana told me that guy who came to meet you in jail, Rishi Sehgal is behind your lives and-"
"One minute.. Svetlana?", Shivaay asked not understanding.

After the whole conversation with Svetlana, Abhimanyu had decided to reconcile with Shivaay. Shivaay had felt the same after joining the dots. He realised it was someone else. He had pulled out his phone to call Abhimanyu when the latter had called up and they decided to meet.

"Yeah.. I know her and she is going to help us-"
Help us?", Shivaay asked with a raised brow. The bartender got the vodka, he took it, still in a state of disbelief.

"Help me.", Abhimanyu corrected himself.
"Also, she is least bothered about you guys. The reason is quite obvious, she was behind your lives because she thought that our parents killed her father but since it was Roop, who's in the asylum already, she is done with it. Also, she is my close friend, she will help me.", He added.

Shivaay sipped his vodka, visibly shocked but pleased.

"Rishi had called me and had tried to instigate me against you.", Shivaay said finally.
"Also, Rishi is the same guy who pretended to be the doctor and lied to me about my parents.", Abhimanyu stated, sipping his whiskey.

Shivaay sighed.

"How stupid of me to not understand earlier! The family broke apart because of me! I hurt Dadi-"
"Bro.", Abhimanyu said as Shivaay went on.
"Bade Papa, Badi Maa-"
"Shivaay!", Abhimanyu said loudly when Shivaay paused feeling heavy with guilt.

"It's not your fault.", Abhimanyu said calmly.
"Then whose? It's not yours obviously because your best friend-"
"Your wife was injured. It's fine. I mean it's not your sole job to keep the family together, is it?.", Abhimanyu said sipping his whiskey. Shivaay looked at him.

"Of course it is! Dadi always said I was the foundation of the house.", Shivaay said matter of factly.
Abhimanyu burst into laughter.
"Why are you laughing?", He asked confused.
"Okay fine. Dadi said it was your responsibility and you took it? Really?", He asked finally stopping.

"Obviously. I am the eldest son-"
"I thought your Bade Papa was alive."
"Yeah but.."
"He should be the one trying to mend everything and not you. In fact it should be both him and your Dad instead of you being the fevicol, trying to attach everything.", Abhimanyu said as a matter of fact.

"But you know how they are..", Shivaay said sighing.
"So.. my responsible brother..", Abhimanyu placed his hand on Shivaay's, "Explain this to them. Why on earth should you be taking this responsibility? And why you alone? Why not OmRu who are doing nothing but chilling. Sorry but yes."

Shivaay looked at this man, who had been here for barely a few weeks and was spilling facts Shivaay already knew.

"But, it is my responsibility.", Shivaay said finally.
Anika had tried to explain what Abhimanyu was saying many times, but he had refused, because it had to be him. 

Abhimanyu sighed.

"Fine. Then wasn't it your Bade Papa's responsibility to side with you and not me? Sorry but yes. That day you were ready to give up everything for his happiness and he didn't even think about you.", Abhimanyu said.

Shivaay knew this better than anyone else.

"Yeah because you-"
"Don't defend him.", Abhimanyu said, "You should not. Instead you should question him and your Badi Maa. Why did they not side with you when they could? You have always behaved like a son but they casually forgot you. It is not fair."

Shivaay looked at Abhimanyu, now not understanding him anymore. This man should be happy that his parents were by him, and was instead asking him to question them.

"You know what experience has taught me? The less we question, the more people take us for granted. They have. And you should ask them why they have."
"But I know the answer."

"No. You are assuming the answer for your own satisfaction, justifying them when they did wrong to you. You know why Dad and Om have such a cold equation? Because Om doesn't question, he passes a verdict. You are doing the same thing, just that you are positive about it. Drink this vodka and go to the Oberoi Mansion and ask them.", Abhimanyu said, placing his hand on Shivaay's shoulder.

Shivaay had never found himself in this situation.
He was always giving advice to his younger siblings, but no one had given him any advice like a brother. 
This felt oddly satisfying.

"But what if they get angry?"
"Then let them be annoyed. If they love you, they would understand. If they don't, you would.", Abhimanyu said with a smile.

His idea seemed good, and Shivaay wanted the last doubt on them off. He didn't want to believe his uncle and aunt loved him - He wanted to know for sure.

Shivaay drank the vodka and stood up.
"Go on and tell 'em kiddo!", Abhimanyu said.
Shivaay drew in a deep breath, and nodded.

He didn't know how it would be.. he knew it would be tough.. but he knew it would bring some peace to the tempest in him.

●●●

Precap :

"Answer me Bade Papa! Why not me?!", Shivaay's voice rang across the hall.
Tej gulped nervously, suddenly finding no words.
"Shivaay.. the thing is.."
"Is it that the love was only from one side? All my life?", Shivaay asked, breaking down.

The vodka he had drunk had been spiked.
Of course only one man could do it.
And now he waited for the answer behind the pillar.

●●●

Drop in your views!
Stay tuned!!