XX. Good News

Shivaay strode across his bedroom, stressed and exhausted.

"Billu ji..", Anika said but Shivaay ignored her.
Anika narrowed her eyes and drew in a sharp breath.
"Billu ji!"

"Ye-yes. What happened Anika?", He asked pausing finally. He looked tired. Anika sighed and walked down to him.
She placed her hands on his shoulder comfortingly.

He turned away irritably.
"Firstly Abhi has behaved so badly with Dadi, on that even you are not telling me what is wrong with you!", He said in frustration.

"Anika will you even tell me?! Fine don't! I don't care-"
"You are going to be dad-"
"You keep keeping stuff to yourself and Dadi-"
"Shivaay! You are going to be Daddy Singh Oberoi!"

Anika said.
Shivaay paused, and turned towards her.
"What?", He asked softly, in slight disbelief.
"Yes.", Anika replied with a smile.

Shivaay drew in a deep breath.
Was he really hearing what he just did?

"I-I am..?", he asked, a mix of emotions coursing through him. There was a sudden burst of happiness.
"Yes, Shivaay. You are going to be a father.", Anika said calmly.
"Oh my... Oh my God! Anika! Me..you! We are going to be parents!", He burst in excitement. He pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly.

"We will do the best for this kid! I will go today only and talk to the principal of the best school in the country.. actually why country? The best school in the world! My child-"
"Ssssh.", Anika said, caressing his hair, "Calm down.. Let it come into this world first.", She said, adoring her overly excited husband.

"Yeah Anika but you know how much competition is there! I cannot-"
"Shivaay baby... calm down!", She said softly pecking his lips.
This man is a kiddo only.

He held her face, the news slowly but surely dawning on him. He felt so grateful towards this woman before him, she had entered his life and made it heaven.
"Your eyes are still so beautiful, Shivaay.", Anika said softly as he smiled.
"Why? Noticed them after a long time, did you?", He asked. His eyes numbed in happiness.
"I noticed this full of joy shade after a long long time.. This suits you the best.", She replied, holding his face.

"Thank you so much..love.", Shivaay said softly kissing her forehead.
"You are still Chuimui Singh Oberoi, na?", Anika said grinning.
"Why?", Shivaay asked with a raised brow.

She stood on her toes and pulled him into a kiss. He was startled but he immediately gave in, letting all his frustration, fear, anxiety ebb away into sheer euphoria and happiness. He had a beautiful future ahead... They would be happily ever after.. Their baby, Anika and him.

"Ouch!", Abhimanyu said as he pulled out the bandaid on his arm.
"Abhimanyu!", He shut his eyes in annoyance.

"Svetlana-"
"Shut up! Are you an idiot or is this just bad acting?!", She shouted at him.
"The bandaid was annoying me!", Abhimanyu said irritably.
Svetlana looked up at him and sighed, snatching the bandaid from his hand.
"Are you are five year old, Abhi? Look at the wound, it's not healed. It will catch an infection-"

"What is your problem Svetlana Di?", This was Divya's voice from behind.
Abhimanyu drew in a sharp breath.
She's here to see me!

Svetlana immediately stepped back.
"If he doesn't think he needs a bandaid why are you bothering his life? How about dealing with your own injuries? Anyways everyone's annoyed here because of you.", Divya said.

Svetlana drew in a sharp breath.
She knew her cousin didn't like her, and her proximity with Abhi was a matter of great problem for her. But then again, she couldn't let Abhi do stupid things and injure himself.
"I am sorry to intervene. I would rather leave.", She said throwing the bandaid.
"Excuse me? Who's gonna take this bandaid from here?", Divya said sharply.

"Yeah.. Svetlana, I thought you were giving me lectures on being a five year old and you're creating a mess yourself.", Abhi said in an attempt to impress Divyanka.
His love for her had been constant for over a decade now, and he couldn't see anything beyond it.

Svetlana sighed, she didn't want to fight anymore. Her sister had always insulted her, so this was nothing new as such.
He picked up the bandaid and walked out.

She heard from inside, "Abhi.. I was wondering if we could marry."

Svetlana paused and stood at the door.

"What? You-me.. you will marry me?! Oh my God! Ye-yes of course! This is good.. no great news! I will tell everyone!", She heard Abhimanyu's happy voice from inside.

A sharp ache coursed through her, it felt like a heart break. Her eyes numbed instantly.
Why should I feel bad about it? Come on Svetlana.. You know you left him.. now he loves her.. you are just a friend!
He rushed out and noticed her.
"Did you hear?! She agreed!", Abhimanyu said happily.

Svetlana forced a smile.
"Congrats-"

He suddenly pulled her in his warm embrace.
She drew in a deep breath, resting her head on his chest.

"She agreed! Gods.. I still can't believe..", His voice broke, his eyes were numb, numb with happiness.
"Congrats..", Svetlana replied softly, giving him a tight hug.

Probably for the last time.

"I have a good news to give!", Abhimanyu said rushing down to the dining table.
"I have a better news to give!", Shivaay said immediately, he had just walked down to the table. Anika was already seated.
"I have the best news!", Abhimanyu said stubbornly.
"No! Mine is the best!", Shivaay said.

Abhimanyu nodded dismissively.
"Nah Kiddo. Mine is the absolute best!"
"No Big Kiddo! Mine is."
"Haww! I am not a big kiddo-"

"Both of you. Stop.", Tej said raising his hands.

"Abhimanyu, you came first, so start first.", He said.
Abhimanyu cleared his throat dramatically.
"Divya and I are getting married.", He said with a grin.
"What?! Wow! We have a wedding on the cards!", Jaanvi said in excitement.

"Okay now listen to me also!", Shivaay said like a small kid.
"Yes. Now everyone will listen to Billu-", Tej said grinning.
"Bade Papa!", Shivaay said mocking his annoyance.
"Yeah yeah, now tell us Billu. Fast.", Pinky said.

Shivaay cleared his throat, like Abhi and said, "Anika and I are going to be parents really soon!"

"What?! Oh my mata! Really?", Pinky said looking at Anika, who nodded blushing deeply.
"Congrats Shivaay! My agents said you were forever busy at work.. when did you get time, eh?", Abhi said poking Shivaay on the back.

Shivaay blushed deeply.
"After such a long time there are so many good things coming up!", Shakti said. Abhi noticed him, he always managed to. He was less expressive, but when he did, the reasons were always major. The family clearly didn't understand it, and mistook his less talking to indifference. Abhi smiled and gave him an acknowledging nod.

"Yes! Shakti uncle's right! Hence we deserve a party!", Abhimanyu said giving Shivaay a side hug.
"Yes! A party sounds good!", Rudra said happily.

"Then let's go for it, tomorrow okay?", He asked. Shivaay nodded with a smile.
"I am getting everything ready.", He said, flashing a smile at Shivaay.
"You take care of your wifey.", Abhi added.

Shivaay hugged Abhimanyu tightly.
He was grateful, because this man was here. He was finally burden less.

Svetlana stood afar, brushing off a tear.
She should leave this place soon, otherwise she'd end up wrecking this happiness.

Anika noticed her afar.
"Abhi, Svetlana will be there?", She asked.
"No.", Divyanka said with a smile as she strode down to the table.
"I mean.. you know it will be a controversy.. so..", She said explaining.
"Yeah.. Divya is right. I will talk to her about it.", Abhimanyu said with a smile.

●●●

Precap :

"Where is Divya, Abhi?", Shivaay asked urgently.
"I-I don't know she said she'd be back from the shooting!", Abhi replied stressed out.
"You know right, that world media is here! If she doesn't come and you don't waltz with her, your reputation! It harms your image-"
"I know! I-"

He felt a sudden tap on his back.
●●●

Drop in your views and votes!
How was the Shivika scene? I am an absolute novice at that :)
Also drop in your views about Abhi's love life!

Stay tuned!