XXXV. A Broken Marriage

"What crap! I have nothing to do with your husband!", Abhi shot back.
"Oh really?! If not you then it must be your darling fiancee-"
"Do not try to point a finger at her, Divyanka!", Abhi lashed at her.

"Oh sure! Why not?! The ever so protective left out boyfriend is here protecting his prized possession! I am sorry to burst your bubble but your fiancée is a criminal out of prison! She might as well do it!", Divyanka shouted at him.

Her hand still had the stains of her husband's blood, he had been shot on his back as they had entered the restaurant for their lunch. And when she had rushed out she had found the symbol of the Blue Eagle.

"Shut the-"
"After all your to be father in law is the Founder and Owner of Blue Eagle! It is definitely not a big deal for you, is it?!", Divyanka said it loud and clear.

There was an ominous silence.
Abhi looked at her, paling two tones.

"What did you just say Divya?", Shravan asked softly.
Svetlana looked at her father in shock, losing colour.

Shivaay eyed Kapoor with suspicion. But there was something more significant that bothered him. Kapoor was not the one who had kidnapped him.. He didn't give him that choice.. It was someone else. It had to be someone else who had snatched Valens from Abhi.

"If he is the main man.. then who is Harsh that Misha and Rishi had spoken about? Does Divyanka know?"

"Oh! So Mister Liar didn't tell you all.. Sad. This man, Kapoor is the main man behind Blue Eagle! You remember that time when I had snatched Valens from him? It was under Kapoor's commands of course!", She said.
Abhimanyu gritted his teeth and stood with clutched fists. 

"And you didn't tell us.", Shravan said looking at Abhi.
"What would I saw-"
"You hid the truth from me.", Svetlana spoke up, tears welled up in her eyes.
"Sve.. What could I.. I was protecting you-"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR PROTECTION!", She shouted at him all of a sudden.
"You are over reacting now! I am sorry! I-"
"I thought you shared everything with me Abhimanyu! But you had to hide this big a thing! My father is a freaking terrorist if not a threat to the international security and you hid it from me?! Here I am trying to be normal and happy for once, trying to trust you and give myself a chance-"

"You are over reacting Svetlana.", Shivaay said stepping up.
Divyanka drew in a cold breath.

"She is not Shivaay!", Shravan said in a cold voice, "You might not understand but what Mister Abhimanyu has done is betrayal. To me it is, to her it is more. She deserved the truth. And I deserved it as well, Abhi."

"Shravan.. you.. look I know what I-"
"No you don't.", Shravan said plainly, eyeing him with suppressed rage, "We had the pact that we wouldn't lie or hide things.. but unfortunately you did what you wanted to.. And now I will do what I must."
"YOU WILL NOT ARREST HIM!", Abhi shouted.
"I will do what I should-"

"Abhimanyu.", Svetlana said drawing in a deep breath, "Can we halt the wedding for a while?"
"What? No. No.. Definitely not..", Abhi felt a surge of desperation, somehow his whole life was falling like a pack of cards.. it was slipping through his finger and he could do nothing.

"I thing I will halt it.", Svetlana said suddenly, "I can't marry you this way.. Not here.. Not now that you have hidden things from me.. I don't want my future to end up and hit where Jaanvi had stood. I am not strong enough to deal with that-"
"You and turning this to a different tangent Svetlana! I will never cheat-"
"YOU JUST HID THE TRUTH ABOUT MY FATHER!", She lashed out at him.

Abhi fell silent.
"Shravan, please go ahead and do your job.", She said coldly, as she opened the gathbandhan.
"I did this for you.."
"I wish you hadn't..."

Shravan drew in a cold breath, nodded and called up the cops.
"I haven't done anything! I didn't!", Kapoor shouted from afar, but everything numbed around Abhimanyu.
He looked at the fire before him and drew in a cold breath.

"Well.. I must leave..", Divyanka said looking at a broken and devastated Abhimanyu. She sighed, not amused or shocked much at whatever happened, and left.

"Abhi.. Don't worry I will talk to her-"

"No one will. If being left alone is my destiny, I deserve it Shivaay."

Anika sat in her bedroom, Ansh was sleeping.
"I can't believe she left him! How could she?!", She said as Shivaay sighed and sat down beside her.
"Ani.. we can't do anything about it.. Anyways, he has forbidden me from taking any action."
"His own friend and lover turned against him! Poor thing.", Anika said sighing.

"Shivaay?"
"Hmm."
"Did you find out anything about his company?"
"I did Anika.. There is this man.. Harsh. I need to know about him.. maybe Divyanka can help.. but.."

"Huh! I think she only purposely attacked her husband and came here to break the wedding! Cheapdee! 2 rupees people I tell you!"

Something suddenly struck Shivaay.
He looked at Anika.
"What happened?", Anika asked.

A look of enlightment had appeared on Shivaay's face. As if he had suddenly gotten the answer to one of his question.

"You are a freaking genius Anika! You are amazing!", Saying so he kissed her forehead and rushed out of the room.
"What Billu ji does half the time goes like a googly.. but he's still cute..", She said looking at his leaving form.

"What do you even mean, Shiv?", Abhi said sitting on his bed exhausted, sipping on a bottle of whiskey.

Tej, Jaanvi, and much shockingly OmRu and Shakti were here to provide him moral support. Rudra specially to mix some vodka in his whiskey and make some creative drink.

"I mean to say that whosoever did this attack on Varun did it on purpose! He knew that Divyanka would come here and create a scene! And he realised that if Svetlana felt even for a moment that you are hiding things from her, she'll leave you!", Shivaay said feeling like some great inventor, explaining his invention.

"And who is that Komolika in Abhi's bhaiya's life?", Rudra asked sipping his personal vodka now.
"Now that.. ", Shivaay said looking at Abhi sigh.
"For God's sake.. I don't have any obsessive ex lovers. Sorry. But I don't.. Here my almost wife left me on the mandap.. my BFF refuses to talk to me and you guys-"

"Or can it be current lover's ex boyfriend?", Shakti said thoughtfully. 

Abhi looked at Tej with narrowed eyes.
"Okay what the heck! No, obviously I didn't do anything Abhi! I am your Dad!", Tej said awkwardly.
Jaanvi sighed, "I won't be shocked if you did anyways."

"What? What the hell.. No! Jaanvi you know now I am only committed to you-"
"Can I please remind you about how you and Om were fighting over marrying Svetlana please? Oh yes, weren't you the one who-"
"Okay fine! Sorry! Now can we move ahead please!", Tej said irritably.
"Why not?! Surely whenever it's about you, you want space and want to move on! And-"

"Oh my Mata Jethani ji! Here poor Abhi was left alones on his weddings and you are fighting.", Pinky said bringing in chana and chips.
"Okay and what is this, Choti Maa?", Omkara asked.
"This is beta, chakhna.. See it's been so long that drinks have been opened properly.. And we have ordered so much.. So someone will have to finish no.. Jethani ji.. It's your day!", She said with a wink.

Everyone looked at Pinky with shock and bewilderment.
"Mom really?", Shivaay asked softly.
"Arrey! I am trying to lighten everything! Now Mister Kapoor is also gone.. Already we have one man less for drinking.. And there are so many batches of drinks! I remembers when Roop had married he had drunk total three bottles of beer.. Such a nice man.", She said sitting at the sofa.

Suddenly something struck Abhi as he looked up.

"Kapoor.. He set up a whole freaking drug racket.. And got arrested so casually.. Isn't it a little weird?", He said.

●●●

Stay tuned!
Drop in your views and votes!