X. Titans At War

Abhimanyu sat relaxing in his office cabin.

He shut his eyes as he drew in a deep puff of cigarette. After years of anxiety and pain, he tried to feel at peace. Despite not actually being a part of the family yet, his life had changed by a great tangent.

He looked at his brown suit, his mother had personally got it ironed for him, after stitching a lose button on it. The watch he wore was the latest model of Rolex, it costed something like sixty lakhs that Abhimanyu had wished to buy but was too busy to find time for himself.

Tej had gifted him saying, "I thought you are so much like me, probably you have a taste for watches too. So here is a gift from my end."
Abhimanyu hadn't been all happy and chirpy about it, but he had seen the glint of pride in the man's eyes. He could tell Tej was happy to see at least one son of his be a businessman like him.

Despite him giving them a cold shoulder, it didn't stop them from trying to make him their own. At least they were trying, the ways might not be the best ones, but he liked people who gave efforts.

Om and Rudra though has chosen to remain afar, it seemed like somehow he was threatening Shivaay's position in their eyes. At least that's what they felt. He didn't mind their reserve.

Priyanka.. his youngest sister would often come down to his room and talk to him. She was usually reserved but somehow she picked up the courage to open up to Abhimanyu about her married life. He had motivated her to file a divorce, but for now Priyanka still seemed to get over the shock.

And Divyanka.
Her subtle charm and warm presence made every single moment worth remembering. She did pretend to hate him, but he had noticed her checking on him as he worked out.

He drew in a deep content breath.

Just then his phone rang.

He crushed the cigarette on the ash tray and took the call.
"Sir! Sir!", The secretary said nervously.
"What happened? Tell me.",  Abhimanyu said sitting up.
"Sir.. ACP Shravan.. the factory.."
"What?! Tell me!", He shouted over the phone.

"The new factory has caught fire, sir. ACP Shravan was inside.. I called the fire brigade.."
"Who? Did you see anyone?", Abhimanyu asked hastily standing up.
"I-I think I saw Shivaay Singh Oberoi..", He said.

Abhimanyu hung up.

He ran out of his office into the car and drove towards his new factory.
There was a cloud of smoke around it, the fire brigade was extinguishing the fire.

There was an ambulance.
He drew in a sharp breath and ran down to it.
The door was about to be shut when he knocked.

"Yes?", The nurse asked.
"Who-who is it?", He asked, somehow he found himself trembling, fear coursed through him. The ancient fear of losing people he loved.

"It is ACP Shravan sir.. He is alive.. but barely-"
"I will come-"
"No sir. Please don't. Let us do the job.", The doctor said and the nurse shut the door.

Abhimanyu stood frozen. His breathing seemed to have become difficult suddenly. In his uncertain life their had been only one constant, that was Shravan.
His eyes welled up with tears. His phone suddenly rang.

He didn't see and picked it up.
"Abhi bhaiya.. where are you?", It was Priyanka.
"I..I..", His words failed him.
"Please come home immediately. Shivaay bhaiya.. he is very angry.. Anika bhabhi..", He didn't have the patience to hear anymore.

He glanced one last time towards the factory that was to be inaugurated a week later.
And the assistant's words clear in his mind, "I saw Shivaay Singh Oberoi.."

Shivaay was not in his senses.
Not anymore.
Anger and rage coursed through his being like lava. Tears of anger itched his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. The scene was still clear in his mind.