XI. Will

Shivaay walked into his bedroom where Anika lay. He shut the door behind him. It had been almost three hours since the whole fight thing. He had a cut on his left arm owing to the sharp edges of the centre table. It was now bandaged neatly.

She had regained her consciousness, finally.

The doctor had told him, the wounds were mild, nothing serious. Also, she had fainted due to the darkness.
"Shivaay.. that..", Anika tried to say when Shivaay sat by her on the bed.
"Sssh.. Nothing now. You need rest.", He replied softly. He placed his hand on her cheek tenderly. The fear of losing her had been immense, and now it finally seemed to subside.
"What happened?", She asked looking at the bandage in concern.
"No.. It is nothing..", Shivaay replied edging closer, holding her face.

He blinked off his tears.

"I was so scared..", He mumbled.
"I am sorry.. I don't know how..", Anika said wiping a tear that had escaped his eye.
"I know. And I have sent him to jail as well.", Shivaay said.

Anika raised a brow.
"Who?", She asked, perplexed.
"Abhimanyu.", Shivaay replied simply.

"What? No.. Why-"
"But.. he tried to hurt you-"
There was a sharp knock at the door.
Shivaay stood up.
"Please come in."

Khanna walked in, looking pale and stressed.
"Shivaay sir.. actually.."
"What happened Khanna? Tell me.", Shivaay said.

Khanna drew in a deep breath, "Sir, Abhimanyu sir has taken over the Oberoi Empire.. And the mansion.. And now he wants you to leave."
There was deep regret in his voice.

Shivaay paused for a moment.

"But how can he?"
"I don't know sir.. but he has.. he wants you out. Now.", Khanna said.

"Anika, stay here. I will go and check.", Shivaay said.
"Shivaay listen-"
But he did not.

Abhimanyu was back, sitting on the very same sofa he had been sitting before sending Shivaay jail. Sending the man who rules over the World Market was anyways a tough job, and especially when it was the treacherous Abhimanyu, it was impossible.

It had taken him three minutes to call up the Prime Minister and get his job done.

"How can you take over the Oberoi Mansion or the Empire?!", Shivaay asked angrily. Abhimanyu looked up from his phone, where he was playing Candy Crush, casually and smiled.
"Because I wanted him to.", Tej replied coldly. He was now using crutches to walk.

"Bade Papa, you? But-"
The reply came from the most unexpected person,
"Had you accused him of doing something wrong, it would have been understandable! But who gave you the permission to set his factory on fire?! Or almost kill his best friend?!", Priyanka said.

Shivaay stared at her in disbelief.

"Prinku? I did not set anything on fire!", Shivaay said in his defence.
"Oh yes, my factory was just feeling suicidal so it set itself on fire. Right?", Abhimanyu stood up, "Also, my best friend who is currently in a tussle between life and death randomly appeared there, right?"

"I did take Shravan there because I had news of Anika being there with you!"
"Or maybe you just lied and took him there and left him to die!", Abhimanyu shot back.

"Have you lost it? Why would I do that?!", Shivaay asked.
"Well ask yourself. But before that, leave my house.", Abhimanyu replied coldly.

"And how does this house become yours?", Omkara asked, walking down to Shivaay and standing by him defensively.
Tej was about to say something when Abhimanyu intervened, "Don't worry Dad. I will explain."

"So now he is your dad? All this while when he was serving you no purpose he wasn't. Cool.", Rudra stated coldly.
"I believe I need no advice from a spoilt brat who can't even tie his own shoelaces.", Abhimanyu replied sarcastically.

"Nevertheless.", Abhimanyu said picking up the legal papers of the table.
Anika strode out of her room, and walked down to Shivaay.

"By the will of Prithviraj Singh Oberoi, his properties and assets are handed down to his sons with both getting fifty percent share each. But, a clause that gives more power over his assets and Company to his elder son, Tej Singh Oberoi. In accordance to that very clause, my Dad", He said with special emphasis, "Has handed over the Mansion to me as well as the Chairmanship of the Oberoi Empire."

"Legally.", He added with special emphasis.

Pinky immediately questioned Tej and Jaanvi who didn't reply. There was a verbal spat. But Shivaay had zoned out.

Shivaay felt like his whole life fell before him like a pack of cards.
His own Bade Papa snatched his rights for this criminal.
Suddenly the realisation hit him hard.
Maybe his own mother was right all this time. They didn't care about him enough.

He drew in a sharp breath.
"Okay.", He said looking at Abhimanyu, "But as far as I know, the clause also states that my father, has an undisputed control over the ownership of twenty five percent of this mansion and the Empire. Which means, despite this Mansion not exclusively belonging to me, I have a share. One fourth of it, undisputed. Hence you cannot just drive me out."

"Neither of the Mansion nor the Company.", Shivaay added.

Abhimanyu hadn't expected this. He looked back at the papers and indeed. Shivaay was right.

"Cool then. You can head to the farmhouse and work as my employee.", He replied.
"Thank you very much.", Shivaay said with a smile.

Somehow the realisation made him cold, he wanted to be heartless, he wanted to hurt this man who had snatched his company and home.

"Also, whoever in this house wishes to stay with me can accompany me.", He added. He knew what he was doing, it was not his nature, but now his temper didn't let his inherent goodness do anything about it.

"Of course.", Omkara said, "Gauri pack your bags. We will live in the farmhouse.", He glanced at Tej with sheer loath, "Happily ever after, without any negativity."
Rudra agreed immediately.

Priyanka stood silently.
"Prinku, are you not joining us?", Omkara asked.
She drew in a deep breath, "No. I am not."

Abhimanyu looked at her in slight disbelief, and more satisfaction.
"But-"
"Bhaiya, what Shivaay bhaiya has done is not correct as well. He was concerned about bhabhi but who gave him the right to hurt Shravan?"
"Prinku, you really think I would-"
"Then why do you think Abhimanyu would hurt Anika bhabhi?"
"Because he hates me!", Shivaay burst out.

"Exactly! He is simply jealous of Shivaay bhaiya!", Rudra added.
"No. He is not. Why would he be now? Asia Business Council was merely considering Shivaay bhaiya.. he was a threat to Abhi's position but not someone Abhi bhaiya needs to hurt.", Priyanka said, loud and clear.

"And why would Shivaay bhaiya want to hurt Shravan? Does that make any sense?", Rudra asked.

The answers were obvious.
But both Abhimanyu and Shivaay stood blinded by anger and rage. That didn't stop Divyanka and Anika from understanding what had happened. Divyanka glanced at Anika, the truth had hit her as well. 

But they knew, the two men were dead determined to destroy each other.

●●●

Precap :

"Your anger makes no sense Shivaay-"
"Anika! Enough! I am trying to protect you! Why is his girlfriend here?!"
"You are targeting the wrong person! He might be evil when he wants to be, he might be a traitor but he will never try to attack a man using his wife!", Divyanka shouted at him.

"I need no advice from a Kapoor sibling please.", Shivaay said angrily.
"Shivaay-"
"Anika, please. Now I am finally with the family that genuinely loves me and I don't need to break this peace."

●●●

Drop down your views!
Will they be able to reconcile and see the true evil?
Stay tuned!