XXXII. Kiddo And His Hero

"How is Svetlana? Abhi's baby? Is everything fine-", Anika placed her finger on Shivaay's lips.
"You are so worried about everyone except me.", She said pouting.
"What? No. I am extremely worried about you too. How are you? How is Ansh-"

"Kiddo, calm down.", Abhimanyu said with a soft smile, standing behind Anika.
Shivaay tried to sit up, but Anika forced him to lie back.

"Is everything-"
"Everything is perfectly fine, Kiddo.", Abhimanyu said with a smile.

He walked down, beside Shivaay, resting his hand on Shivaay's shoulder softly.
"Lie back, and rest. Everything's good.", He said softly.
"Abhi, but.. I did not-"
"I know. Should have known before. The Great Wall of Shivaay can do anything but cause harm to his family.", He said.

Shivaay exhaled a sigh of relief, feeling better.
"Rest, baby boy. We are taking you back home anyways, the rest of your treatment is at home.", He said with a smile.

Anika nodded, with a comforting smile.
Shivaay smiled.

Everything was good.
He shut his eyes, peacefully.

Abhimanyu and Anika walked out of the hospital room. 
"You guys can go in and meet, don't let him sit up.", Abhi said, OmRu nodded and walked in, followed by the Senior Oberois.
Svetlana walked down to them.
"Is everything fine?"
"For now, yes.", Anika said beaming.

Abhi didn't say anything.
He just averted his eyes.
Svetlana took the hint but didn't say anything.

"Thank you for understanding Abhi bhaiya.", Anika said with a smile.
Abhimanyu smiled back.
"I wish I had understood earlier. Poor thing always gets into such problems.", Abhi said sighing.
"I know.. I wish he got a holiday, a break from all of this. He really deserves it.", Anika said, looking at the door of the hospital room.
"He will get it, Anika.", Abhi said with a smile, placing his hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"I wish you were always here.. Shivaay would never have become like this.. He would be carefree, happy..", Anika said, feeling emotional.
She had seen Shivaay do the worst of things for the sake of his family, because he was the so called foundation and protector.
Abhi drew in a deep breath and smiled.

"I wish.", He mumbled, and then glanced at Svetlana.
"Or maybe it's better off this way.", He added with a smile.
"Yeah, otherwise Billu ji wouldn't have turned out like the tadibaaz bagadbilla he was.. Maybe he wouldn't have fallen for me.", Anika said looking at Abhimanyu with a smile.
"Hmm.", Abhi said, drawing in a deep breath, feeling light.

"Ani, you should go back home. We will follow. OmRu are bringing Shivaay.", He said. Anika nodded.
"I will just check on him once more and go.", Saying so Anika walked into the room.

"What is it?", Svetlana asked.
"A good news and a bad news.", Abhimanyu said.
Svetlana sighed.
"Bad one first."
"I transferred Valens to Blue Eagle.", He said plainly.
Svetlana looked at him perplexed.

"And why?"
"Because it guaranteed peace for my family and fiancée."
"Not something your idolized father would do."
"Maybe that's why it took him so many years to get peace.", Abhi replied with a smile.
Svetlana sighed.

"You won't fight about it? I did that without your permission.", Abhi said, slightly taken aback.
"I trust you more than myself.", She replied, disappointed by not distressed.
"The good one?"
"It is at home. I have called up Tia and Soumya as well.", He said.
"What is it?"
"You will know."

Shivaay was seated on a sofa. His back ached terribly. The bullet impact had been painful, but thankfully none of the internal organs had been severely injured. 
Abhimanyu had said that there was someone they had to meet, hence he sat waiting.

For some reason Tia, a visibly uncomfortable Soumya and an absolutely annoyed Mrs. Kapoor had been called upon. Shravan walked in through the door, with Priyanka. 
"Where is he?", Shravan asked Svetlana.
"God knows. He is behaving like it's some huge surprise. The last time he gave me a surprise was a self made birthday card with a terribly drawn shinchan on it.", Svetlana said exasperated.

She was sitting on one of the sofas, after eating.
Anika sat beside Shivaay, Ansh was already asleep.

"Guys! Your wait ends now!", Abhi said walking in with a smile.
"Abhi where is your surprise? I need to get some sleep.", Tej said sighing.
"Someone play the dhumtana music, because here he comes!", Abhi said grinning.

Kapoor walked in.
Everyone froze.

There was a pin drop silence, a tensed air hung.
"Dad?", Svetlana said softly, in sheer disbelief.

Shivaay looked at her, and he suddenly felt like she let her shield of strength the cruelty down, finally.
"O beti ke.. he is Svetlana's father?", Anika asked in a soft whisper.
"Ye-yes.", Shivaay mumbled back, in disbelief.

Kapoor forced a smile, tears rushed down his eyes. Abhi drew in a deep breath, smiling, as he pulled out his phone.
He needed to record this reunion, also because he had to show it and blackmail Sve in case she threw attitude at him.

"But..", Mrs. Kapoor walked down to him, and touched him as if to test he was real.
"I am alive.. This is not a dream.", Kapoor said, trying very hard to keep his voice stable.
Svetlana ran down to him and hugged him tightly, breaking down.

Om almost gasped.
He never thought he'd see what he saw. For him life had always been black and white, he seemed to see the grey shade for the first time. The villian of their lives, did have feelings, did break down, did have good.
He glanced at Tej who was still in a state of bewildered shock.
Maybe his dad too have the good?

Shivaay slowly stood up.
Tia and Soumya walked down to their dad. Soumya was just a seven year old when she lost her dad, she didn't even remember him clearly. Tia did, but she wasn't as attached as her Svetlana di.
There was a family hug.

After a while, finally satisfied that this wasn't one of her dreams, Svetlana broke the hug.
She looked at Abhi.
"How?"
"Just learning stuff from Shivaay.", He said winking at Shivaay.
Svetlana understood and smiled, giving a thankful nod.

"But-"
"Now now, no more questions Dad. I need to announce something important.", Abhi said.

He glanced at Svetlana with a smile.
"I am announcing my wedding with Miss Svetlana Kapoor the fifteenth of this month, in London. Where we first met.", He said.
"Wow! That means we are going to London, Abhi Bhaiya!", This was Gauri.

"Oh yes! All of us are! Because I need my wedding to happen with my family around me.", He said.
Shivaay smiled, he kept looking at Abhi.

This must have taken a price, but Abhi was not known for paying prices. He was known for snatching.

After a while when everyone dispersed, he trudged down to Abhimanyu.
"What did you learn from me?", Shivaay asked.

Abhimanyu smiled.
"Sacrifice.", He said softly.
"What did it take?", Shivaay asked.
"How does it matter? Everyone seems happy, the danger is gone, my wife.. I mean fiancée.", Abhi smiled, "She is happy, my baby is safe. My kiddo is safe.. what more do I need?"

Shivaay nodded with a smile.
"Don't become the Great Wall of Shivaay you always wanted to break.", Shivaay said.
"Did you become selfish like me?", Abhi asked softly.
Shivaay nodded into a no.

"That's your answer.", Abhi said giving Shivaay a careful hug.
Shivaay heaved a sigh of relief.
"I think I am slowly becoming your fanboy, big kiddo.", Shivaay said softly.
"Huh! I always knew I am a hero.", He replied, somehow losing Valens didn't hurt as much as he had thought.

"I love you hero.", Shivaay mumbled, more to himself.
"Love you too, kiddo.", Abhi replied, drawing in a deep content breath.

●●●

Stay tuned!
Drop in your votes and views!