IX. Always

"Anika please..", Shivaay said trying to end Anika's Mission Ignore Billu.
Anika refused to look at him, struggling to get out of the room. 

Shivaay stood before the firmly shut door.

"See.. I know Anika, I was insensitive that day. I should have thought about you.. but Bade Papa-"
"Mister Shivaay Singh Oberoi, stop acting innocently after being a chantomayi.", She said sharply, looking him in the eye.
He immediately wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.
"Chantomayi, eh?", He asked with a raised brow and smirk.
"What, huh? All these 2 rupees tricks won't work anymore..", Anika said trying her level best to not melt.

Shivaay edged closer and kissed her forehead as she finally stopped struggling, under his touch.
"Forgive me.. please..", Shivaay said in a soft whisper.
The last few days had been very hard for him, and he knew, same was the case with her.
She looked at him with numb eyes.
"You didn't even think about me.. not even once..?", Anika asked looking away, refraining her tears from falling.

It had hurt her more than she had thought it would.
Shivaay felt it.

He held her face and turned it towards his.
"I will not do that again.. never ever again..", He said softly.
"Pinky promise?", Anika asked as he nodded.
"Pakka pinky promise.", Shivaay replied with a mild smile.

Anika immediately wiped the tear from the corner of her eyes.
"But I am still angry..", Anika said, now in mock anger.

"Hmm.. I see..", Shivaay said making a serious face as he released her from his grip.
"And you only see.. don't do anything about it..", Anika said taking a step back and crossing her arms before herself.

Shivaay knew exactly what this meant.
But being a clueless billu was his hobby nowadays.

"What can I do? I don't even understand my wife's demands.. Such a bad husband I am..", Shivaay said dramatically, wiping a fake tear.

"Exactly.", Anika said, annoyed.
"Fine, you go..", Shivaay stepped away from before the door.
"Huh! I am going!", Anika said.

The moment she was about to open the door, Shivaay wrapped his arms around her from behind.
"Now what is this cheapda behaviour?", Anika asked, blushing deeply.
"Just trying to melt my angry wife..", He replied as she turned towards him in a quick movement.
" Nice trick Billu ji.. but you are failing it terribly.", She replied as Shivaay smirked.

"Have you seen your face? You look like a tomato..", He said in a whisper.
"Whatever..", She replied, averting her eyes.
He edged closer.
He was about to kiss her when there was a sharp knock at the door.
"Shivaay bhaiya!", Rudra called.

"The heck.", Shivaay whispered under his breath, as Anika giggled.
"Aww.. Mission Patao Anika failed it seems.", Anika said pulling his cheek.
He released her from his grip, sighing.
"I will accomplish it tonight. Just wait and watch.", Shivaay said with a 'Huh'.

"We will see..", Anika replied.

"Shivaay bhaiya, the Battle of Panipat will start if you don't come out now!", Rudra called on.
"Uff! I am coming!", Shivaay said slightly annoyed.
"Go and see... cheapda..", Anika said pulling his cheek one last time.

Shivaay strode out of the room to witness the wildest argument he had seen after himself and Anika.

"Listen Mister Traitor Raichand.. I mean Oberoi.. Whatever you are-"
"My name doesn't even start with T, duh!", Abhimanyu replied, now holding up a plate as his shield.
He dodged a cushion that Divyanka threw at him from across the room.
"Will you two stop, please?!", Tej said, but in vain.

Divyanka drew in a deep breath trying to act normal but she couldn't as long as this man was before her.
"You know what?! I am not even interested to be with you! You are just.. you are just..", Divya looked at Om, "You look intelligent, say something bad with A."

"Ass-", Rudra looked at the others who looked at him like he had asked for their kidneys, "Ass..ssasinator.. Assassinator of Good..", He mumbled awkwardly.

"Yes! Assassinator of Good Singh Oberoi!", Divyanka shouted throwing another cushion.
"Okay.. Now enough guys! Just stop!", Om said.
"Billu ji.. Why did I not try such things with you?", Anika asked looking at the duo fight.

Shivaay suddenly had the mental image of him holding up a plate and Anika with her favourite sandals called chameli.
He immediately shoved it away.

"Om, you don't know her.. She is insane!", Abhimanyu said. Divyanka picked up the fruit knife from the fruit basket on the dining table.
"Now, now Abhimanyu.. what did you say a few moments ago?", She asked with a smirk.
"Okay put that down.. I don't want to die.. nope.. I still have to buy Trinity Truffles for myself and Shravan.", He said as the plate slipped from his grip.

It fell and shattered.

"Aww.. how cute.. how dare you say I have become fat? How dare-"
"Sorry! Sorry, your highness! Forgive me!", Abhimanyu said finally giving up, and raising his hands in submission.

"Good you accepted your mistake. You should anyways go for some confessions and all to clear yourself from your sins otherwise I am pretty sure you are going to be sent back after death. After all they can't keep such a sinner in hell also, right Omkara?", Divyanka said.

Omkara raised his hand over his mouth, to prevent laughing as Abhimanyu looked at each of their grinning faces.

Shivaay looked away, hoping to not burst into laughter.
Anika nudged him.

"See, he learnt the magic word already.. And you took so long.", She whispered teasing him.
"But you love me anyways, don't you?", Shivaay asked in a whisper as everyone settled back slowly.

"Always.", Anika replied before pushing him slightly and walking away.

It was late, almost midnight when Shivaay walked back into his room. It had been a busy day, first the Abhi-Divya ruckus at lunch and then the three meetings with the clients. Everyone seemed to have gone off to sleep.

"Anika?", Shivaay called as he stepped into the dark room.
This was unnatural.
Anika was afraid of the dark.. she would never keep the room this dark, at least the lamps on the side of the bed would be on.

"Anika? Where are you?", Shivaay looked around.
No sound.
Nothing.

He instinctively turned towards the dressing table, beside the door.
And froze in horror.

The little light in the room was enough for him to read the words written with a red lipstick,
"Save Her. If You Can."
Shivaay's phone suddenly rang.

"Yes?", His voice trembled, a tempest of emotions seemed to have come over.
But he held on.
"Mister Oberoi.. I am your Agent.. Sir, I don't know but I think I saw Anika ma'am near the new Raichand factory with Abhimanyu.. She looked scared.. and teary eyed.. if you could-"

Shivaay didn't think twice before running out of the door.
If he hurt her, Shivaay wouldn't think twice before killing him.

●●●

Precap :

"Sir!", Abhimanyu picked up the call to hear his secretary talk nervously.
"What happened? Tell me?"
"Sir.. the new factory has caught fire.. and.. Shravan sir.."
"Who?", Abhimanyu asked standing up immediately and rushing downstairs from his cabin.
"I think I saw Shivaay Singh Oberoi.."

●●●

What are your views?
Stay tuned!