VII. Raita & Whiskey

Shivaay walked into the Oberoi Mansion. No one had expected his return now and had given up.
Except Anika. There was a silence that hung.

Everyone had gone back to their rooms.
Anika sat silently at the very same sofa, since morning.
It was one in the afternoon now.

"Anika?", Shivaay said as she looked up.
Her face lit up for sonic moments and then the expression changed to a passive anger.

She was annoyed of him more than anything else.
How could he just randomly handover everything to a stranger he barely knew?
He didn't even think twice about her or even himself.

She did not reply, drawing in a deep breath she strode back to their bedroom.
"Anika.. Wait..", He said but it was too late.
He was expecting it.
And why not?
After all, he was guilty of not thinking about her.

He walked into the room, Anika had busied herself in pulling out his clohtes from the cupboard.
"What are you doing, Jaan?", He said hoping to melt her with the word.
She looked at him with a forced smile.
"My darling Billu ji, I am throwing you out of your room.", She said trying her level best to sound sweeter than sugar.

"Anika but-"
"I am genuinely done!", Anika said drawing a deep breath, trying her level best to not lose temper.
"I am done with you and your prioritizing your family! I am really sorry but yes! It has been two years since we were married and you continue to hold your family above me, which is fine, but what you did today was not.", She lay a special emphasis on the last two words.

"I know I can't justify-"
"Then don't. Don't justify Shivaay. Just stay out for a while, give me peace. Anyways I am not interested in your two rupees explanations.", She said shutting her eyes in frustration.

"You will genuinely do this to me? My presence destroys your peace?", Shivaay asked making a sad face.

"Drama.", Anika said plainly before pulling out a suitcase.
"Here, take them and tata bye bye.", She said giving him a hard look and striding out of his room.

Shivaay looked at his, now messed up suits and ties.
He sighed and said, "Raita fail gaya."

Abhimanyu, who was now exhausted sat drawing in a deep breath as Shravan was looking through the CCTV footage that Commissioner had forwarded. They were in Abhimanyu's newly built cabin.
The footage was about someone who had come to meet Shivaay.

"Are you done bro?", Abhimanyu asked.
"Abhi, you know right this is important. This footage has a man called Rishi Sehgal, who is connected to Roop Singh Oberoi. Shivaay wants me to find out.", He said observing the man on screen checking if he had been seen before.

"And did Priyanka gift you that bracelet?", Abhimanyu said noticing the particularly girlish golden bracelet on his friend's wrist.
"Oh man! I keep telling you should join the police.", Shravan replied laughing.
"Just letting you know she is my sister.", Abhimanyu replied smirking.

"Sir, you haven't bothered to accept your parents as your own yet.", Shravan said, "Also, your brothers hate you."
"Nice things to tell your crush's elder brother.", Abhimanyu said standing up from his seat and walking down to Shravan.

He looked at the man in the footage closely.

"This guy.. He was the same doctor in Cambridge I met..", Abhimanyu said edging closer to the screen to have a proper look.
"He is a businessman. No chance of being a doctor."
"I am quite sure, it is him.", Abhimanyu said edging away.

"I think I need an appointment with Selfless Singh Oberoi. Quick.", He said.

This meant, that Rishi Sehgal was definitely lying about being a doctor in the hospital or he was lying about his identity now before the police. Either way, it was deception.

He walked back down to his tablet to check is schedule when a news article appeared.

DIVYANKA KAPOOR GETS ENGAGED TO VARUN RANA
"Varun is a Gem of a man. It just took me a moment to accept his proposal, and I knew that very moment, that this was going to be my best decision."

Abhimanyu's mind went blank as he immediately turned on the television.

Clips of the engagement were already on air.
"So, to - be Mrs. Rana, how does it feel?", A reporter asked Divyanka.
She looked celestial in a graceful silk gown, the solitaire diamond ring gleamed. Varun stood beside her smiling.

Shravan heard and turned to see.

"Ranas are one of the most prestigious families of the country. Being the younger daughter in law there will be of great honour for me. Also, Varun is one of the best human beings I have ever met.", She said.

Shravan drew in a sharp breath and looked at Abhimanyu. He looked like he had lost the biggest deal of his life.
He used to lose deals earlier in business and his expression would shift to that of a wounded yet fierce lion. 

"So sad.. that your girlfriend will now be my wife.. Your greatest defeat, Abhimanyu. Greatest defeat.." 
Varun's voice resonated in Abhimanyu's mind.

"I think I should leave.", Abhimanyu said coldly before storming out of the room.

Abhimanyu sat at the bar area of the Oberoi Mansion, beside the pool.

He poured himself the seventh glass of whiskey.

"YOU ARE A LIAR! YOU CHEATED-"
"No! Divya trust me! I-I can't even imagine-"
"How could you?! How dare you?!", She said in wild anguish and pain.
"I swear.. There is nothing between her and me! Nothing at all!"
"You are a liar and traitor! I-I am leaving you! I can't stay with you!"

"Servant! Get me another bottle!", He shouted out of anger.

"Try some coffee.", A voice Abhimanyu clearly didn't want to hear said.
He sighed.
"Mister Oh-So-Salty Singh Oberoi.", He said exasperated.

"Indeed.", Omkara replied. Abhimanyu looked up at him and then at the coffee mug with "Best Son Ever" written over it.
"And why this kindness?", He asked.

"Because I had seen someone else doing this all day for a man who didn't care about her, and it was sad.", He replied plainly.
Abhimanyu smiled, amused.
"So you feel pity for me?"
"You are in a pitiful situation, it seems.", He replied.

Abhimanyu took the coffee mug and sipped.
"Two spoons of sugar, please.", He said placing the mug back on the table.

Omkara sighed.
"You, Omkara.. what is your problem with me, eh? You were so rude.", Abhimanyu said drunk.
"You resemble my so called father a lot.", Omkara said, handing the mug back.

"And now since I remind you of your mum you are feeling sympathetic. Nice.", Abhimanyu sipped on the coffee.
Omkara cleared his throat.

"You know.. I don't want to say this but today.. what you said did have a point.", He said.
"I always say right things.", Abhimanyu said sipping again.

"But we had our reasons.. Shivaay is not a brother to Rudra and me. He is like a father."
"Well, he shouldn't be.", Abhimanyu said plainly.
"But he has done everything that a father does. He took care of us while our father was busy printing his wedding cards.", Om replied irritably.

"Well then you should sort it with your father instead of letting Shivaay do everything for you two.", He replied, "He is a brother, let him be one. Enjoy with him, go on Goa trips with him.. but take your life problems as only yours. If you have a fight with your Dad then..", Abhimanyu picked up a bottle of beer,
"take this bottle of beer and sort it with your Dad. Release Shivaay of this stress. He doesn't deserve it."

"I thought you were jealous of him.", Om said, slightly astonished.
"I was jealous of him. Not anymore. And my reasons sir, are personal.", Abhimanyu replied.

●●●

Precap :

"Shivaay I am sure, he wants to harm Anika. And inflict pain on you.", Rishi said over the phone.
"But why-"
"Sir! Sir!", Khanna rushed in.
"What happened Khanna?", Shivaay asked putting the call on hold.
"A madam is here.. in bridal dress.."

●●●

Stay tuned!
Drop in your views!