VI. A Rogue Sacrifice

Anika sat in her room thoughtfully.

"Anika Bhabhi, you heard the news? I have an older brother!", Rudra said unable to cope up with the news.
"Yeah who is nothing but an obnoxious man.", Omkara added as the duo walked in.

"Omkara bhaiya, I think you are judging him too early. I know ACP Shravan and he has a lot of good things to tell about Abhimanyu.", Bhavya said.
"All that is okay but-", Anika paused as she heard some voices outside.

"I guess they are back home.", Omkara said as they headed out of the bedroom.

And indeed they were.

Abhimanyu, who was still numb and bleeding, was back home with Shivaay helping him walk.
Divyanka's loud rejection rang in his ears, "You were, are and will always be a pure villian!"

Jaanvi looked tired, and full of regret.
"I have a condition.", Abhimanyu had said before coming here, and that is what caused fear in her.
What if she wasn't able to fulfil it? She would lose her first born once again! 

Shivaay had seen the fear, and sworn to fulfill whatever condition Abhimanyu had.

Tej, who had not slept all night immediately moved down to them on his wheelchair.
"Is he back?", Tej asked Jaanvi softly who went and stood beside him.
She did not reply.

"Shivaay, go and stand before me.", Abhimanyu said sternly.
Shivaay immediately moved away and stood before Abhimanyu, who settled himself on one of the sofas.
Shivaay's grandma had come halfway back from her trip to Dwarka, to see her lost grandson. Tej had informed her about him once, and now that he was found she couldn't stop herself from visiting him once.

Shivaay noticed that too.

"Tell us, Abhimanyu. What is your condition?", Shivaay asked.
Full of anger, Abhimanyu wished to leave this place forever, but he knew these people or the media won't leave him alone. So he had to give a condition that would definitely not be fulfilled by Shivaay.
Why Shivaay? - Because he wasn't directly related to Tej and Jaanvi. He was just a cousin.

Anika was anticipating something to go wrong, she knew it. She walked down to Shivaay and held his hand protectively.

"Shivaay, I demand your share of the Oberoi Empire.", Abhimanyu said in a voice loud and clear.
He stood up.
"Your fifty percent of the Oberoi Empire. I want it. If you give it, I will live here with everyone happily, cause no trouble. And if you do not, then I am sorry but I am leaving forever."

A chill passed down Shivaay's spine.
He looked at his Badi Maa and Bade Papa, they looked broken and devastated. Dadi lost the spark of joy she had quite instantaneously. They didn't look at Shivaay, but he knew what they wished him to do.

"No! Never! Why will my Shivaay give his half to you?!", Pinky said angrily.
"True. Abhimanyu if you wish to stay here, stay. But you have no right on my son's portion, he has earned it with his own merit.", Shakti snapped. Shivaay was taken aback to see his father take a stand for him.
For the first time in years.

"Shivaay will give you nothing! You can leave-"
"Stop Om.", Shivaay said calmly.

Anika clasped his hand tightly now, he glanced at her. Her expression said No.
But his decision was made.

"You promise to stay here if I grant you my half?", Shivaay asked.
Abhimanyu drew in a deep breath and nodded.

"Well then I am giving it to you. Now. The papers will reach you."

Abhimanyu stood taken aback.
Everyone was shocked.

"You are giving?", Abhimanyu asked, not sure if what he heard was right.
"Yes. I am.", Shivaay said calmly.

"And do you know what that means?", Abhimanyu continued, "If I wish, I can throw you out of the post of the Managing Director any moment and render you jobless. As well as homeless."

"I do.", He replied.

Abhimanyu had met many people in his life, but not another self sacrificing man of this grade.
The blue eyed angel, I see. Shravan was right.
He wanted to see how far could Shivaay go for his so called family.

"Well, then leave.", He said putting his hands in his pocket.

If there are people to torture, why not have fun?
"What are you saying Abhimanyu? You can't-", Jaanvi snapped out of her own dilemma.
Abhimanyu raised his hand, Jaanvi paused.
"Leave. Alone.", He repeated.

Shivaay's throat felt numb.

He is a brother, Shivaay. Family demands sacrifice, love demands sacrifice. For Bade Papa and Badi Maa.. you must fulfill his demands.

Tears itched his eyes but he said nothing as he nodded.
"What do you mean by leave?! You cannot-", Anika shouted at Abhimanyu.
"Sorry but ma'am your very own husband has given me his half of the property. I cannot do anything about it.", He replied calmly, watching Shivaay keenly.

"His half! Not ours!", Rudra shouted.
"We will not let him go!", Omkara shouted.

"Your half belongs to your father, who well, is my father too. So that means, when it comes to inheritance, I am his eldest son. And I possess control over his half after him, before both of you. So if you do not want your share of the Oberoi Empire to go, shut up."

Abhimanyu was correct legally. The Oberoi Will was made in a way that the eldest son had control over the shares more than the younger. 
Tej and Shakti knew it and thus resorted to silence.

"No! My son will go nowhere!", Pinky shouted.
"Jethani ji! Jeth ji! Look what your son is doing! Stop him!", She shouted helplessly.

"You are not a legal son!", Rudra shouted.

And he hit the wrong nerve. A spot he shouldn't have.
But the only spot that could move the rock solid determination of destruction.

Abhimanyu drew in a sharp breath as he looked at Rudra. Rage coursing through his being.
"Rudra!", Tej shouted but Rudra had lost him temper.
He walked down to Abhimanyu and caught hold of his collar.

"You have no right on anything! You are not a legal heir or son!", He said in gritted teeth.
"Rudra what-", Shivaay was about to say when Abhimanyu raised in hand. 
"Will you teach me legal and illegal? A good for nothing brat?", He said, his voice laced in loath.

"Oh yes. Brother.", Rudra said coldly.
Abhimanyu's lips curved into a crooked smile.

"This Shivaay means so much to you, does he?", He asked.
"Shivaay means everything to us, Abhimanyu Raichand.", Omkara said coldly, "And you sir, are just a shameless intruder here taking advantage of him!"

Abhimanyu caught hold of Rudra's wrist. He winced in pain as he released the collar.
"Abhimanyu.. please.. don't do this..", Jaanvi said as she rushed down to him, but now it was too late.

"GET OUT NOW!", Abhimanyu shouted in anger.
"HE WON'T!", Rudra and Omkara shouted back in unison.

"Well, then..", Abhimanyu pulled out his phone.

"Good morning Commissioner. I am filing a case against Shivaay Singh Oberoi. A case of attempt to murder his uncle.", and he hung up.

"What are you even saying Abhimanyu? He has nothing to do with my accident!", Tej shouted.
Abhimanyu looked at Rudra in sheer loath.

"We know it. The police and media doesn't."

●●●

Precap :
Shivaay sat in the cold prison cell, aware that his reputation was in a terrible state already.
He drew in a sharp breath, wiping off a tear.
Just then a constable unlocked the prison cell.
"Someone is here to meet you.", He said.

Shivaay stepped out, he did not recognise the middle aged man who smiled and said, "I am Roop's husband. And I can help you."

●●●

Stay tuned!