XXII. Betrayal

Everything seemed to be perfect, until a voice was heard.

"Thank you, Abhimanyu for your Company!", Abhimanyu turned towards the door.
And he froze.

Varun Rana walked in, behind him was Divyanka.
Svetlana stepped back, perplexed.
All the cameras turned towards them.

"What the hell are you saying?!", Abhimanyu shouted, "And Divya.. what are you-"
"Oh. Are you talking to my fiancée, friend?", Varun asked with a smirk.
"Fiancée?", Abhimanyu asked softly.

Divya didn't look at him, she merely held Varun's hand.
"This can't be..", Abhimanyu said, his mind numbed, nothing made sense anymore.
"Cut that for now.. let me announce the most important thing.", Varun said turning towards a reporter.
"Abhimanyu Singh Oberoi has signed his seventy five percent of Valens to me. That's the announcement, now you can leave", He said.

The media was bustling with excitement as they moved out, ready to report the next big headline.
"I? When?", Abhimanyu had lost his voice, tears welled up in his eyes.

"What the actual hell?! Abhi can never do that!", Shivaay shouted, stepping before Varun, standing before Abhimanyu protectively.
"You think I am joking?"
"You are not joking, sir! You are lying!", Svetlana, stepped beside Shivaay.

Varun smirked.
"Aww.. how cute.", He said amused. Varun looked at Tej.
"You, Tej Singh Oberoi, you had supposedly defeated my Dad hadn't you? There you go. Now your good for nothing son is finished for life.", He said.

Shivaay caught hold of Varun's shirt's collar.
"Stop talking nonsense here! What-"
"Leave my collar."
"You cannot just take Abhi's life's work!", Shivaay shouted.

Varun smirked victoriously.

Varun took the papers that Divyanka was holding and threw in before Shivaay.
"Read them Oberoi. Read them.", Shivaay picked up the papers.
There were signatures, Abhimanyu's, and he had transferred the shares to Varun Rana. He looked at Abhimanyu in shock.

"Show them to me!", Svetlana snatched the papers from Shivaay. 

Abhimanyu stood very still, he remembered suddenly that yesterday Divyanka had come and made him sign certain papers. He hadn't asked why and what, just trusted her blindly.

"How is this possible? Abhi will never do this!", Svetlana demanded.
"Aww.. no one cares if he would or not. He has. Anyways-"
"Divyanka.", Shivaay said, he felt rage course through him, "You have done something very very bad.", he said in suppressed rage.
"Aww.. Shivaay Singh Oberoi.. but ever wondered what you would do to her? I am now the seventh richest man in the world-"

"While Abhimanyu was the fifth! Such a shame that his twenty five percent amounts more than your whole goddamn company!", Svetlana shot back.

"How cute, Di. Very cute. Taking stands and all..", Divyanka said drawing in a deep breath.
"How could you do this-"
"And what he has been doing?! He claims to love me and goes behind you like a dog-"
"YOU ARE CROSSING THE LINE!", Shivaay shouted.

"Get out of my Mansion! Right now!", Shivaay added, trying very hard to behave well before a woman.
"Oh sure.", Varun said clasping Divyanka's hand.
"Have a great time, friend.", Varun said before walking out with Divyanka.

Abhimanyu collapsed, on the floor.
"Abhi!", Tej shouted rushing to him. 
"Abhi..!"
"Call the doctor! Right now!", Jaanvi shouted.
Shivaay instantly pulled out his phone.

"Does anyone have the medicine for a heart attack?! Get it quick!", Svetlana said kneeling beside Abhimanyu. He had lost his consciousness. 
"Ye-yes.. I think.. It's in out bedroom..", Saying so Jaanvi rushed upstairs.
"Abhi! Abhimanyu!", Anika immediately rushed down to him.

Much to Shivaay's surprize OmRu too rushed down to Abhimanyu, Rudra got a glass from water from the kitchen quickly.

He looked at Abhimanyu, drawing in a sharp breath.
Those two will pay for this one.
They will really pay for this one.

"Don't you understand! I-I used to love Svetlana! Now there's nothing-"
"You are just a liar! A traitor! How do you still have her letters-"
"They are just letters!"
"I hate you! I am leaving! Forever!"

Abhimanyu opened his eyes.
Was it a terrible nightmare?
He prayed it was.

He slowly sat up. There was an oxygen mask on his face, a syringe for the saline on his hand.

"Abhimanyu.. are you okay?", This was Tej. He had been sitting all night on the nearby couch, nervously.
"I.. Yes..", He mumbled, there was ache in his whole body.
"Abhimanyu, beta you need to rest. Go back to sleep, come on.", Jaanvi said walking into the room with some water.

"Yes. Please.", Tej said, placing his hand supportively on Abhimanyu's shoulder.

Abhimanyu removed the oxygen mask.
"What-what happened?", He asked.
Shivaay and Svetlana just walked into the room, discussing the plan of action.

"Shivaay! What happened? All that was a nightmare right? I mean.."
"Yes. Yes, nothing happened, Big kiddo.", Shivaay said making huge efforts to not break down.

He couldn't even imagine what it was for Abhimanyu, when he had gotten the Oberoi Empire, it was made, he had developed it. This man had made a world level company all by himself, from a bankrupt company. And everything was gone, within a moment.
Just one wrong move and everything was lost.

"No.", Svetlana said plainly as she strode down to the bed.
"What no? Divya didn't ditch me right.. she-"
"She joined Varun and ditched you, snatched your company-"
"Svetlana!", Shivaay shouted, in an attempt to stop her, but in vain.

She climbed on the bed, oblivious to all the disapproving looks, and held his face.
"She left you."
"You don't understand! She can't-"
"She did!", Her voice broke.

Abhimanyu looked at her, the truth sinking in.
"And are you this weak?! You had a minor heart attack, Abhi! Ended up bedridden for whom?!", Svetlana asked, a tear rolled down her eye.
"But.. she said.."
"She said?! And you believed?! Are you stupid?!"
"I love her! I loved her for 12 whole years!"
"Then it was bad choice!", She replied.

Tears incessantly rolled down Abhimanyu's eyes. 
Shivaay looked at him, brokenly.
This man did not deserve all the pain he had gone through!

"It's because of you!", Abhimanyu shouted, his voice laced in ache, "You left me for your stupid revenge! Why?! Why did you?! I could neither throw your memories away nor could Divya let me live with them! She called me traitor for you! You always do this! Your only point is to get into two people's relationships and be the third person! You did the same to my parents as well!"

Svetlana looked at him, she did not get angry, she just wiped his tears.

He suddenly wrapped his free hand around her and buried in face in the crook of her neck, breaking down finally.
"Why me? Why me always?!", He asked crying.

Svetlana quietly hugged him tighter, letting him vent it out.
Someone was going to pay terribly for this.

Tej and Jaanvi looked at each other, this was not something they liked, but if he found comfort in her they would never separate them. 
Shivaay looked at the convulsively shaking form of Abhimanyu.

He turned and strode out of the room, pulling out his phone. All this while they had planned what they had to do, and now it was time to put the plan into action. It was not ethical, it was Svetlana's plan, but Shivaay didn't care about morals and ethics anymore.

"Hello, am I talking to the head reporter of News 24-7? I think I have a really good story for you."

●●●

Precap :

"I will destroy you Shivaay Singh Oberoi!", Varun shouted.
"Not as long as we are with him!", Omkara shouted at him.
"I thought you hated Abhimanyu!"
"Yes, but we are always with Shivaay bhaiya. And if he is with Abhi, we are too.", Rudra said.

Shivaay looked at them and smiled.
"Now do whatever you wanna do. We will see how far you go.", Svetlana added.

●●●

Stay tuned!
Drop in your views!