XXXVI. The Culprit And The Kidnapper

"You know.. I think you should permanently stay away from him. I wont be shocked if he turned out like his father.", Mrs. Kapoor said annoyed, "Anyways.. Why was he marrying you? Just for his own child. That's all he cares about."

Svetlana stood silently watching the night sky of London.
Years had passed since she had been here looking up at the stars, wondering if her decision was right.

"Mom! Why are you instigating Di against Abhi?!", Tia stated in annoyance stepping onto the balcony.
"Exactly. After such a long time Di was finding some happiness-", Soumya said.

"Oh cut it please! Oberois can't give happiness to anyone.", Mrs. Kapoor said dismissively.

"I guess it was the same Abhimanyu Singh Oberoi who got Dad back to us—", Tia said when Svetlana interrupted,
" So that I could watch my father go back to the prison since he's an international criminal. ", She said in a numb voice.

" Di, what's gotten into you?! He did it for you!", Soumya said in annoyance.
"He hid the truth."
"To protect you! So that you could be happy —", Tia tried to say.

" He is not supposed to take my decisions! I am not a teenager in love! He should have told me everything! I deserved the truth!", Svetlana shouted .

"Di, this is your last chance to happiness.. If not yourself think about your baby.. Please don't do this to yourself yet again. Not for Dad. Not again.", Tia said, almost pleading.

There was a knock at the hotel room.
Soumya went and opened the door.
"Tej uncle?"

Svetlana turned, visibly astonished.

"Can we talk please?"
"I am not interested in hearing how good your son is from you. I have known him longer than you.", She said curtly.
"I know but I must tell you something more. Despite everything that has happened between me and you.", He said.

Svetlana sighed.

"I understand your insecurities, but he is not like me. It's only his outer shell.. He cannot betray you ever. A man who has been broken and betrayed cannot betray anyone else. You know it. Then why are you torturing him this way? I beg you.. Please, give him a chance.", Tej said.

Svetlana looked at him, slightly taken back.
"You beg me?", She asked softly.
"I do. I beg you.. Please. I have been a terrible Dad, but I can't watch my boy go through this because of who I was.", Tej said.

Svetlana smiled softly.
"I will think."

"Priyanka, I don't —"
"But I need to talk to you Shravan.", Priyanka said stepping into their hotel room.
"How can you just turn against Abhi bhaiya that way?", She asked.

Shravan looked at her and sighed.

" He his the truth."
"So you as a friend will leave him? Even Svetlana left him.. Over what?! Just because he was trying to protect her from the truth!", She shot at him.

Shravan drew in a deep breath.

Priyanka edged towards him, resting her hands on his shoulder comfortingly.
"I know you are hurt.. But how is this fair?", She asked softly.

Shravan looked up with numb eyes.
" He's never hidden anything from us. This is a big deal for me..", He said softly.
She held his face with one hand.

"I know.. But sometimes you've got to forgive.."

Shravan drew in a deep breath and nodded, holding her hand.
"I will.. I need time.", He whispered.

"Sorry but no time is available.", Shivaay said striding into the room followed by Abhi.
"You guys? Now what-"
"We have figured out something and you need to hear it.", Abhi said softly, looking everywhere but Shravan's face.
Shravan sighed.