the three words

It was mid afternoon when you came back from your mission with Bucky. It was an easy one. No one got hurt.

The both of you got off the Quinjet and walk towards the entrance of the compound.

The elevator ride was in a bearable silence, until Bucky breaks it.

"Are you excited to see Nat again?" The super soldier says.

"Yeah, I planned something for us." You smile at him.

From the flight to the compound, you were thinking about going to the cinema with Nat and telling her 'I love you' for the first time. You and Nat have been together for 3 months and thought now is the right time to tell her the 3 meaningful words. Natasha opened up to you about her past 1 month ago and from that time you both are inseparable. You know how hard it is for Nat to open up and talk about her feelings.

The elevator door opens and immediately you were embraced by the russian ex-assassin. She has her arm wrapped around your neck and you have yours around her waist. She stuffed her face in the crook of your neck.

"I missed you so much." Nat says as you two separate from the hug.

You smile. "I missed you too." You slowly lean in and kiss her passionately. Everyone on the team keep their eyes on you two.

The kiss breaks, due to the lack of oxygen. You both smile widely.

Tony clears his throat. Nat and you look at the team, they still stare.

"What?" You ask them.

"You guys are so cute together." Wanda says, smiling.

Nat giggles, takes your hand and leads to your room.

You and Natasha got to your room. You put your duffle bag on the bed and start unpacking, while Natasha sits next to the duffle bag staring at you with a smile.

As you put your clothes back in the walk in closet, you break the silence. "Sooo, I have something planned for us."

She looks up at you with a big smile. "What have you possibly planned." She giggles.

"I saw this new movie and I thought maybe me and you could go and watch it." You ask shly.

Nats smile got wider and stood up from the bed, she started walking to you.

She puts her hands on your shoulder and gives you a quick peck.

"Of course I will go with you." She smiles.

You excitedly made a little dance and she giggles at your act.

a little times skip

"Tasha we have to goooo or we will be latteeee." You say between kisses.

"Okay okay, but you are so cute." She says as she cups your face with her hands.

"And you are amazing, now we have to go." You say as you interlock your hand with hers.

at the cinema

You got out first to open her door for her. "Thank you." She says as she pecks your cheek.

The both of you walk hand in hand to the ticket lady.
"Hello, what can I do for you two?" The lady smiles.

"Two tickets for Halloween. Thank you." You smile at her. She gave you the tickets and you paid.

After buying popcorn and drinks, you two took the seats in the big room.

Everyone knows the cold-hearted assassin, not being afraid of anything. But here she is having jump-scares and holding your hand tightly. You ensure her by giving a kiss on her hand.

The movie came to an end, you took the trash and threw them in the bin. You and Nat were walking, hand in hand, to your car.

Once you both got into the car, you turned to her. "Do you want to go on a walk by the water?" You ask her and she nods her head with a smile.

After walking awhile by the dirty water in New York, you stopped to take a little break.

You watched over the city. It's beautiful, all the lights are shining.

You turned your head to Nat and you took her hand, she looks at you.

"These past few months we have spent together, were the best of my life. I am so happy that you came into mine. You make me feel save and wanted. I can talk about everything with you and you listen to me. You are always there for me when I need you and I am thankful for it...." You say everything out of your heart.

"Natasha, I love you."

Natashas eyes start to gloss and she immediately hugs you. You rest your head on hers.

After some seconds, she breaks the embrace and kisses you passionately. She has her hands in your hair and your on her waist.

She breaks the kiss and cups your face.

"Y/N, I love you too."

"I have never felt so alive with someone like you. You bring me comfort and happiness. Thank you for not judging me on my past and the cruel thing I have done. You listened to everything I said. They taught me that love is a distraction and for children, but you proved it wrong. I love you." Nat says and you start to tear up.

You embraced her. "I love you too." You whisper in her ear.

After a while you both decided to head back to the compound. The drive was in a comfortable silence. Holding hands while you drive. The smile on your faces never fade.

Entering the compound, it was already 10pm and everyone was probably sleeping.

You and Natasha got to your room and started to change for bed. She put one of you baggy shirts on as well as your shorts.

Getting into bed, she instantly put her head on your chest and her right hand was on your left shoulder. You took her hand and held it.

"Goodnight, love." You whisper to the ex-assassin.

"Goodnight Y/N, love you." She says in a raspy voice.

"Love you too." You say as you kissed her head.