Behind The Woods : Six

━━━━━━━━ × ━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━ × ━━━━━━━━

[ 8am ]

The young lady was usually sitting on her working desk inside her office and was reading through some important papers. Two weeks has passed since father Namjoon's death, his case was still left to solve until another complain was filed again.

An old man and a twelve years old girl was murdered near a forest. It was as brutal as other murders, and the reports also said that they were drowned inside a nearest lake.

The young lady pinched the bridge of her nose and heaved a sigh, everyday there will be a new news or a complain about people either getting murdered brutality or simply murdered by drowning them inside water. Who is that murderer? and how are they so clever enough to avoid the law? The fact that, the murderer was right in front of Yumi that night but she couldn't do anything which she is guilty of.

'Knock knock'

A sudden knock on the door awoke the lady from her thoughts, Yumi glanced at the door and noticed her assistant Choi Jieun standing at the door.

"Miss Yumi, it's time for us to leave".

Yumi stood up from her chair. "Oh right, we have to go for some investigation at the location where the murder happened, right?". She fixed herself as Jieun nodded her head as 'yes'.

Jieun was just a high school student when she insist on joining to work with her lead role Yumi. She was too young and just a kid to deal with all these dangerous stuffs but Yumi couldn't resist the passion in Jieun's eyes and that's how she made Jieun as her assistance. It was risky, but so far, she has done amazing with her job.

"Miss Aeraa said that she can't come due to her sudden schedule, so she told us to go alone". Jieun informed as the two of them walked out of Yumi's office. They walked through the hallway and noticed father James standing in front of the main door.

"Father James, what brings you here?". Yumi asked as father James glanced at Jieun. The lady may seem to notice the awkwardness and so she gestured Jieun to walk out first.

"Father, is there something wrong?".

"No, miss Yumi". Father James finally spoke out. "Forgive me for my behavior, I just wanted to discuss with you about something in private".

"I understand, father. You can speak further while we walk ahead".

There was a minute of silence between father James and Yumi. The young lady found it suspicious, she scanned father James's act, his hands were shivering as he breathed in a shaky way.