Chapter 13 : Starting The Preparations

"How is Arun feeling now?" Sharanya asked, as she pulled up her legs and sat cross-legged on the bed.

The morning had been a very eventful one. During their breakfast their parents had decided to get them engaged in the following week, On Sunday. Mrs. Kumar was going to invite his grandparents over. Her father had already called her mother's parents and they were more than happy to come down from Gokarna for the weekend. So with minimal family present they had decided to conduct a very private engagement ceremony.

"He's fine. Can we focus on your wedding and engagement now? I want all the deets. You have no clue, how I had kept myself from calling you to take updates."

Sharanya smiled. Gargi's excitement was a treat to watch.

"And these pics you sent... why aren't you standing next to Nikhil? And no one bothered to notice and call it out? I am disappointed! One day I don't come and ... anyways for the engagement and wedding, I have got you covered. Now can you kill this suspense and give me the dates. And all the other details. Did you talk to him? Or was it just like Wednesday? You there, Sharanya? Hello?"

"I am going to talk if you give me chance to," Sharanya said.

"Fine, I am zipping my mouth. You talk."

"So the engagement is next week." Sharanya informed.

Almost immediately, there was a reaction from the other end, "Next week! What? Isn't it too early? I mean... we have only one week to prepare. Have you decided what to wear? Dress, jewellery, footwear? Where is the engagement ceremony going to be held? What about —"

"— Gargi, calm down! Breathe!" Sharanya spoke up interrupting her long exclamation.

"It's just a few of us. You and Arun are the only guests. His grandparents will come over from Mysore. And Papa has already invited my grandparents, they will be here on Thursday."

"Wow," Gargi remarked.

"Yes. As for the dress, I am planning to pull out something from the upper cupboard and get it altered."

"It's your freaking engagement, Sharanya!" Gargi exclaimed.

"Thanks, you told me. I wasn't aware." Sharanya muttered.

"Let's go shopping?"

"No way! I am done with distraction. And there's definitely no way I am buying any dress for the engagement. I am going to sit and prepare for an interview this week." She said, getting off the bed to shut the door. She didn't want anyone listening. If she told them that she had submitted her resignation even after they had hiked her salary she'd never hear the end of the lecture trying to tell her she was making a foolish mistake.

"Oh, I forgot to ask. How did it go on Friday?"

"Okay-ish! I have almost no expectations to hear back from them. I am expecting a call from Cloud Solutions Pvt. Ltd. The status of my application has moved from applied to second screening."

"Okay. Don't worry, you'll get a good job soon. Only an idiot will reject a sincere employee like you. Coming back to the engagement, oh wait— what's the date of the wedding?"

Sharanya smiled. "Guess,"

"Why do I feel you're blushing at the moment?"

Sharanya immediately stopped smiling, "why would I blush?"

"I don't know, I just pictured you all blush-y and smile-y. Anyways, umm February?"

Sharanya straightened up. "No,"