Chapter 32 : Heartfelt Reflections

Sunday surprise! Please don't forget to vote on the previous chapter. Happy reading! :)

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Par ab jo hota hai woh, pehle na hota tha...

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Akshaya was sitting on the floor completing her assignment when her father walked in. When her brother had come home she had told him everything that had happened in the afternoon. He seemed just as pissed Sharanya was in the afternoon. An argument followed during dinner. She had just cooked rice and rasam. It started there, at the bland and too frequently repetitive meal, and eventually ended at Aishwarya. Harshit had just walked out after that.

Akshaya was tired. Her family drama got on her nerves at times. They always complained about what she made instead of appreciating her efforts to cook despite college. She had her assignments to get done, and work on the mini project that was due in the first week of January. Whilst her friends were planning their December Vacation here she was witnessing drama at home and toiling in the kitchen only to receive complaints.

At times, running away seemed like a tempting option. But then she had a live example of it. She couldn't help but wonder if Aishwarya was happy with her decisions. She dressed well, looked pretty. She even had a cooler name now. The freedom must be so liberating, she thought at times.

On the other end, there was her other sister. Even after marrying a rich man, she was just the same. Not a tad bit upgrade to her dressing, accessories or appearance. She worked so hard, at work, at home, at tuitions, at everything she did but she got nothing at the end of it.

She missed her mother. Maybe if her mother was around she would have someone who understood her. Maybe then she could also have candid conversations with her mother. Maybe she could also go for the Goa trip. She had asked Harshit but he had declined right away, saying that after Sharanya's marriage the expenses had gone up. Her father never really had a say in anything. She had grown up to seeking permissions from her elder siblings.

Presently, she looked at her father, not in favourable mood at all.

"I wanted to talk," He said sitting on the bed.

She picked up her pencil and kept working. "Hmm,"

"Will you talk to Aishu?"

Akshaya looked up, "About?"

"Just talk to her like a sister. She was feeling so bad when Sharanya just left like that."

"I don't want to. I don't even know her. Why are you trying to force her back into our lives?" She asked exasperated.

"Because she is your elder sister. If you'll talk to her, you'll get to know her."

"Where was she all these years?"

"Look, don't talk like Sharanya now." He shifted to the floor beside her. "Akshu, people make mistakes. Everyone does. But you need to give people chances to rectify that."

Akshaya sighed. "Fine, I will talk to her if you talk to bro and ask him to let me go to Goa." She muttered with a sly smile.

Her father let out a deep breath. "Really Akshaya?"

"What! You can ask for anything you want, I can't?" She mumbled.

"We are talking about two completely different things. I am asking you to talk to your own sister and you're talking about your Goa trip."