Chapter 41 : Kiss & Miss

Long chapter ahead! Enjoy and Happy Valentines Day!

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Jaane kaise baandhi tune akhiyon ki dor

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Nikhil's heart picked up paced, as she leaned forward, her breath fanning his skin and then there was absolutely softness. He could only blink to process it. Her soft lips made a gentle press, coming in contact with his skin. Her slightly wet lips lingered for a few fleeting moments against his skin, before retreating. It lasted only a few seconds but that moment was infinite.

His gaze flew to meet hers. Those beautiful pools of kindness were smiling at him in their own way. A seizing feeling of belonging radiated through his body. The way she said his name with absolute right and charged forward to kiss him, everything about it made Nikhil feel like he was one in a million.

When her eyelashes fluttered, and she refused to keep looking at him, his gaze noticed the blush on her cheeks. She had unabashedly kissed him but was now as shy as a introverted kid hiding behind his parent.

Nikhil couldn't think. His mind was preoccupied only replaying the beautiful moment. Only when she turned around to face the counter again, he began to slowly move out. His mind was smitten by the bundle cuteness she was. Words had never sounded sweeter, "welcome back!"

"How was your flight Nikhil?" He heard Gargi's voice, as he reached outside.

"Nice," He replied, his mind still reeling from the moment that was gone but still stuck with him, making his heart race.

"It's a two hour flight, right?" Gargi asked.

"Yes," He answered, mechanically putting the tray down. Her shy smile still flashed before his eyes. How absolutely beautiful!

"What!" Arun exclaimed. "No, it's a hour-and-ten-minutes something."

"Hmm," Nikhil responded looking at the couple. Couldn't they keep quiet for a few minutes. What was the discussion for?

"Nikhil, you just said two now you're agreeing to one hour... did you travel to Hyderabad only?" Gargi asked suspiciously.

"Of course. It was a hour and fifteen minutes flight but both ways it reached within one hour." He answered. "I think they just keep the margin, in the total duration."

"You must be really tired then!" Arun muttered.

"No, I am not." He said, turning around as he heard footsteps. His wife's eyes met his. He didn't break the gaze as she stood beside him placing the bowl of soup on the table.

Sharanya had no clue why she had thought it was a good idea to kiss him like that. It was an out-of-nowhere temptation that she had given into. In the aftermath, she was left nervous and shy. Her cheeks wouldn't stop burning. She met his gaze.

Why did he look at her like that? She was waiting for a reaction that could be categorized as black or white, but it was all grey that she saw. Did he like it? Didn't like it? Was the timing wrong? What if he didn't like being kissed at all? Or maybe he did like it? What if he thought she was going too fast? Doubts zipped past like a meteor shower.

"Ahem Ahemm," Gargi cleared her throat, when the two of them just stood their looking at each other. She wondered if they were like that all the time. Just looking at each other. The kind of looking that went on uninterrupted for long minutes until some muscle decided to tell the stupid brain to let it move else it was going to strain.