Chapter 75 : Troubling Thoughts

- - - - ♡ - - - -

mila hoon ab jo tum se,

hai dil ko mere kasam se,

Sukoon mila, sukoon mila!

- - - - ♡ - - - -

"Hello, Arun?"

"Hey," Arun spoke awkwardly glancing at the kitchen sink.

"All okay?" He heard Sharanya's worried voice.

"Yes. I just...wanted to apologize. I was very rude to you the other day at the hospital and it wasn't right on my part. I have been thinking about it and the more I think, the more deeply I realize that I might have crossed a line."

"Arun, you don't have to apologize. I understand."

"No, please let me. Gargi told me about your argument and honestly, I have never seen her so disturbed because of something that's got to do with you. After years, I saw a breakdown and cry, Sharanya. It just shook me. And then she went into labour earlier than expected. I was very scared. And I might have assumed it was to do with all the emotional stress she was in. And I was rude to you at the hospital."

"I understood, Arun. And you're right, I shouldn't have used that word. That was me going too low. It's okay, let's not dwell on it."

"Thanks for understanding. Can this please stay between us? I don't want Gargi to be mad at me for this. At the end of the day, she's always ready to defend you. I will tell her but not right now. She's soaking in the feeling of being a mother and I don't want to make her upset right now."

"I know," He heard her soft voice. "She won't hear any complaints from me. How is little Aarush?"

"Demanding."

Sharanya chuckled. "And the mother?"

"Spoiling him already!" Arun muttered with a smile. "Listen, come down sometime. Gargi needs her family."

"She's still mad at me, I don't want to spoil her happy bubble."

"She's mad. But she's expecting you to make the first move."

"Predictable!"

Arun chortled. "I will talk to you later then. And, my sincere apologies again."

"It's okay Arun. Take care!"

"I shall. Bye." Arun sighed in relief as he ended the call. He shifted his focus on making tea. Gargi may not say it on words, but he knew she was missing her best friend. He knew she was dying to introduce their son to her, get Sharanya's judgment on who the baby took after. As per her, his mother was clearly biased to say their son was his xerox copy.

He didn't want to be the reason why Gargi lost yet another person she was close to. She had already left her family behind for him. Sharanya was her family.

"Arun, get the wrap around cloth from my room!" He heard his mother shout. He sighed. The two ladies just wouldn't stop ordering around. Both his mother and his wife refused to leave his son's side, like he'd disappear if they left his side for a bit. He sighed, the two women in his life now had another guy to pamper. He finally felt like he was growing up.

* * *

"What is it today?" Nikhil asked as he entered the room to find Sharanya wrapping something. She had been sending something or the other to Gargi. Yesterday it was a porridge generously dosed with dry fruits. Before that it was a set of three t-shirts for the baby and parents.