Chapter 50 : For Happiness

Yay, we've come a long way with this book. Thank you for all your support via comment and votes. Long Chapter Ahead!

- - - - ♡ - - - -

raaste mil jaate hai, manzilein mil jaati hai 

tum se hi, tum se hi 

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Sharanya's gaze found it's way to Nikhil who sat on the recliner. He was engrossed in the ebook he was reading. He had given her the space she needed after her breakdown. They were in the same room but he kept to himself not even bothering to look at her. As much as she appreciated his thought process to give her the space she needed, she didn't like it. It was a few minutes past ten and she couldn't stop the thoughts that looped on her mind without a stop.

She had tried to call Akshaya to apologize but the call hadn't been received. She had dropped a few text messages apologizing and pleading her to call back.

She wanted to call Gargi and pour her heart out and let her best friend guide her out of the messy situation as she always did. But given the different time zones it wasn't a good idea.

Her eyes darted back to her husband again. She held the book in her hand but hadn't really got past reading a sentence.

"You want something?" He asked looking up as he sat comfortably on the recliner in the corner of the room.

"No," she mumbled looking back at her book.

"You haven't flipped a page," He said, pressing a few clicks on the screen.

Sharanya didn't answer.

Nikhil had no clue what to do to drive away her bitter mood. "Let's go for a walk," He suggested getting up.

"Pass, I am sleepy," she said, keeping the book aside, laying down on the bed.

"Okay," He breathed, looking at her thoughtfully before turning around to leave the room.

The loud shut of the door left silence behind. Sharanya picked up her phone to see if there was any reply from her sister. None. She had seen the messages but hadn't responded.

Maybe she was tired and had slept.

Nikhil came back after a walk, sooner than Sharanya had anticipated. She sat up and her face wore a frown as he held his jaw as if he was in pain.

"Nikhil are you okay?" She asked baffled, getting off the bed.

"Yeah, just that, ouch,"

"What happened?" She asked rushing to his side.

"Uh, I got mugged." He said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Oh God! Let me have a look at your face." She touched his cheek. There was a light yet nasty scar that oozed out some tiny amount of blood across the underside of his jaw.

"It hurts," He cried in pain.

"I am so sorry," she said pulling her fingers back. She was clearly shock struck. "Where else does it hurt?"

"Elbow and Back," He uttered, wincing.

"Oh God, I am so sorry, I should have come with you. Uh," she looked around. "Ice," she murmured to herself and ran around the room grabbing a handkerchief and then rushing to the mini bar fridge where she had seen an ice tray.