Chapter 72 : Heartache

- - - - ♡ - - - -

jaane kis ki humein 

lag gayi hai nazar

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Time was literally flying by. They were already in the first week of March. Nikhil watched his wife as she went around the room doing the last minute packing of things. He could tell she was super excited about Gargi's baby shower. She had been on the forefront planning it for days. She was packing all the stuff she had bought for the event.

"Do you need any help?" Nikhil finally asked.

"No, it's all done," she said zipping up the bag.

"It's four, shouldn't you get ready?"

"Yes, it will only take me ten minutes." She said picking up her towel and underclothes she had kept aside.

Nikhil lowered his gaze back to the book he had been reading . He hadn't particularly got time to read in the past week. Work had kept him on his toes.

He was on the fifth chapter. Frankly, he was reconsidering his decision to spend time reading the book. It kept revolving around the life of this young woman who was in her prime. The woman had way too many crushes to remember at the drop of a hat. Her fantasies and imaginations formed a major part of the book, which was basically smut, a term he had learnt from the book itself.

The fifth chapter was titled, Forbidden Touching. Half way into the chapter and he had to adjust his pants twice. He wouldn't admit but every time the smut came up, he imagined Sharanya and him. This time the female protagonist was thinking of her neighbour as she lay on her bed, fingering herself. Imagining the fingers to be his.

Nikhil wondered if Sharanya had ever done it too. Sharanya was the typical miss-goody-two-shoes it would be so out of character for her to do it. But then it was so wrong to judge her on the basis of that.

Nikhil flipped the page lost in his thoughts. Sharanya was never really loud, she moaned, she gasped but not the kind that was describe in the book. He couldn't help but compare his wife with the protagonist. People reacted differently to pain and pleasure maybe Sharanya was different from the protagonist of the book.

Nikhil looked up when the bathroom door clicked open. His lips parted as his wife stepped out in a floral printed chiffon dress that ended a little below her knees. The dark green with the light pink and white print was pleasant to the eyes. She hurriedly walked to the dressing table and Nikhil drew out a breath. The back had a deep U design that flaunted her skin, given that her hair was tied up.

It was only seconds until her hair curtained the tantalizing view, as she combed her hair.

"Aren't you going to change?" She asked turning to him.

"On it," He mumbled getting off the bed hurriedly. He grabbed a t-shirt and denims from his closet and marched into the washroom.

* * *

"You look very beautiful," Nikhil finally said when they settled in the car, after making sure she had taken everything she needed for the evening. There were two duffel bags full of decorations and other stuff and she had a clutch in her hand.

Sharanya smiled, turning to him, "Thank you,"

"Did you call up that manager and make sure they decorated the party hall?" He asked. Days back when she was making arrangements for the baby shower, he had suggested her to book the party hall in Gargi's apartment society itself. That way it wouldn't be too far for Gargi and would also fit in the budget of the friends.