Chapter 30 : Brewing Affection

Feel free to point out typos, I am too sleepy to proof read right now.

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Pehla Nasha,

Pehla Khumaar

- - - - ♡ - - - -

The Monday morning had returned too quickly like it always did. Sharanya woke up to the sound of the sliding wardrobe door. She sat up and looked at Nikhil who was engrossed in picking out clothes. She reached for her phone to see the time.

How was it ten minutes past seven so fast? It was like she had just slept a few hours back and she had to get up already. She got off the bed, "good morning," she said softly, as she folded her blanket.

"Hey, good morning," He smiled, his eyes settling on her.

Sharanya smiled, the man must really learn to smile often.

"Slept well?" He asked, pulling out a pant which hung on a hanger.

"Yes, you?" She asked, grabbing the blanket he used at night, to fold it up.

"Yes. I woke up on the third snooze of the alarm." He told her, walking to the bed to place his clean clothes.

She passed him a smile and walked to the washroom. He looked at the neatly stacked blankets. Every time she did these little things for him, he felt guilty of burdening her with the task. However, there was this warm feeling that made him feel nice when she did little things for him. Yesterday, he had noticed how she picked up his hair brush from the nightstand and put it back on the dressing table.

He picked up the blankets and put them into the closet they stored it in. Maybe he should start being a little mindful. His ringing phone caught his attention. He was expecting a call from Pratik.

* * *

Sharanya stood in the kitchen making breakfast. She had planned oats for herself and fried eggs for Nikhil with bread toast.

"Hey," she heard his voice and turned around to observe him walk into the kitchen. He seemed all ready for office, a plain dull blue shirt tucked neatly into the deep blue trousers that she had almost mistaken for black at first glance.

"The breakfast is almost ready," she said wondering if he was getting late.

"Cool. I came to ask if you'll be okay to visit the passport office in the afternoon. Pratik will pick you up and he'll be there with you for assistance. Your ID documents need a change of address too. He has all the forms in place, just review them and sign. So you may have to visit a government office as well.

"Sure, what time?"

"Eleven?"

Sharanya thought over it. She could ask Laxmi to hurry up with her work. Anyway, her mother-in-law was not at home to carp about how the househelp left dust in the corners of the room or the nascent spider webs on the walls and make her redo the work. "Okay. So I should meet him at the passport office?"

"No no. He'll pick you up. I have forwarded his number to you and yours to his. Just coordinate. And..." He took a thoughtful pause for a moment. "The bank forms I gave you, just fill that too. I will turn it in tomorrow."

"Okay," Sharanya said quickly turning to her toast. She was just in time to save them from being burnt.

"Want a helping hand?" He asked stepping forward.