Chapter 68 : Pillow Talk

- - - - ♡ - - - -

aankhon ki zubaan

kare hai bayan kaha aankaha

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Nikhil retreated inside the room from the balcony after his call with Arun. It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and he was bored. He picked up the book and settled on the couch resting his feet on the table. He had barely turned the pages to the chapter three when his wife walked in.

Sarees suited her so much. His gaze ran up and down her figure, as she made her way to him. She brought along a bowl of the sweet.

"Here, it's prasadam." She said

He opened his mouth and she guided a spoonful into his mouth.

"You made it?" He asked chewing the sweet.

"Yes, for the offering." She said, taking a step away.

"Sharanya,"

"Hmm," she turned.

"Can I have some more?"

Sharanya smiled, she was expecting that. "I brought this entire bowl for you."

"No wonder the bowl is so small." He muttered taking the bowl from her hand.

She settled beside him, her gaze lowering to the book he had placed on the couch on his lap.

"You had?" He asked savouring the sweet.

"Yeah, a bite." She said, pulling the drawer out of the table to get her hands on the chocolate bar.

He watched as she unwrapped the chocolate with a smile on her face.

"You're choosing bitter chocolate over this sweet?"

"Yes," she answered.

Nikhil turned towards her, putting his feet down. "You don't feel like eating sweet at all? I mean you're always avoiding sweets. I can't imagine a day without sweets."

"Human body doesn't need sugar. On the contrary sugar consumption can lead to a lot of diseases. Pre-diabetes for instance," she said turning to him.

Nikhil placed the empty bowl on the table and turned to look at her. He knew well she was reminding him of his elevated blood sugar levels.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." Nikhil said, his arm stretching out on the back rest of the couch. "I was thinking, I might have to take an appointment, to spend time with you."

Sharanya smiled, her hands trying to break a piece, from the chocolate bar. "Now, it's not my fault that you don't like going to temples."

"I wasn't invited." Nikhil said, his gaze fixed on her cheek.

She turned to him, "I asked you to come along. But clearly because Saahil was coming you didn't want to come."

Nikhil sighed looking away, momentarily. He took the chocolate from her hand and almost effortlessly broke a piece.

"Thanks," Sharanya mumbled as he handed it to her. She knew his mood had turned sour just like it had in the morning when she had informed him that Amma had asked Saahil to drive them to the temple.

Nikhil watched as she tried to break the piece into a still smaller piece. "Bite into it." He suggested, observing her futile attempts.

"It's going to hurt my teeth." She said.