Chapter 28 : Tiny Expectations

Happy reading :)

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Jaane Kyun, Dil Jaanta Hai 

Tu Hai Toh, I'll Be Alright

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Sharanya had prepared baby corn manchurian with fried rice. She had cleverly used brown rice instead of white ones. Over years she had learnt how to cook healthy by replacing the not so healthy and super refined things with healthy alternatives. Her doctor had recommended eliminating rice from her diet but she couldn't do that. So brown rice it was.

Nikhil had been working, when she had left the room. She had taken a nap in the guest room and then had proceeded to cook dinner. By six in the evening the dinner was almost ready. She just had to fry the baby corn slices prior to serving so that they were crispy.

She had made some little sprouts salad for herself. Sprouts again were full of fibre which was good for her body. Over the past few days her diet had gone for a toss. She was determined to get back to her regular ways. She usually ate dinner by eight. But at her in-laws' they ate around nine or even after. She didn't want to impose her habits on anyone. Even though it was always healthy to eat early. Her own aim was to shift towards seven. But given work life challenges, she hadn't got around to making it a reality.

She had always been a foodie. She loved trying out new things. However, living with her various symptoms of PCOD was hard. Initially, when she had been diagnosed with it, she was angry and pissed. But with time, she had learned to manage it just as she had for everything else. Of course, she had no other option. She feared putting on weight. Not losing was better than gaining. However, it had come to be a way of life for her. If anything, she was proud that she was proud of her healthy habits.

She took a bowl for Nikhil to the room. She was sure he wouldn't really want to eat it. But she didn't see any harm in trying.

"I made some salad for myself, thought you'd want to try," she said placing the bowl on his table. He looked at the bowl of sprouts mixed with tiny pieces of what looked like tomato and cucumber.

He smiled and muttered, "thanks!" He wasn't a health freak per say, perhaps the opposite. He liked to keep healthy at the same time he preferred to indulge in tasty food irrespective of the calories they bought, especially on weekends.

However, the Saturday seemed to be pretty dry. Starting with idli in morning and brinjal curry in afternoon. If this was his mother handing him a bowl of salad he would have definitely expressed his thoughts. But it was Sharanya, his new wife. He would feel guilty for throwing a tantrum after all she was doing. So he accepted it with a smile.

Just a bad day! He thought to himself.

"You're working on a Saturday, important matters is it?" She asked sticking around.

"Uh, not really. Just making up for yesterday." He answered, flexing his neck.

She nodded, as his eyes remain fixed on the computer screen. He seemed in middle of composing an email. "I will be in the living room, call me if you need anything."

He nodded, staring her back till she disappeared. He really needed to review a few deal proposals and then go through the customer issues status report. He was briefly aware that it would be more appropriate to spend time with his wife, that's what couples do, especially early in marriage, don't they? But it freaked him out. How much could they possibly talk about?