Chapter 52 : Her Confidante

Dedicated to all Gargi fans!  Didn't proof read so please do point out the errors, will correct them quickly. :)

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Jo jag se kaha na jaaye woh

Mujhko bas tujhse kehna ji

- - - - ♡ - - - -

"Sharanya," Nikhil called again entering the room. "What are you doing?" He looked at her as she stood on a stool near the balcony.

"The microwave is beeping, repeatedly, " He said approaching her.

"Oh, yes. I was baking... uh surprise." She tossed a smile at him.

He looked at her curiously, "what are you doing up there? And that stool is really unreliable piece of plastic." He stood close, warily looking at the stool's legs. He vaguely remembered his mother informing him that the maid had narrowly escaped a fall when the stool had given up. He wondered why his mother hadn't bought a new one yet and thrown this one out.

"Oh, I bought this," she said dangling the mistletoe. "Like a memento of our trip. Also this is an artificial one so you won't have bees or insects around in the balcony and we'll have a little greener balcony."

Nikhil looked up and sideways. She had already put up two of those. They looked nice against the white ceiling of the balcony.

Sometimes little things move you in unthinkable ways, they ignite something so powerful in you that it's just difficult to ignore or let go.

Nikhil felt that overwhelming joy seeing her work on hanging the mistletoe up on the hook she had fixed. He smiled looking at her. The little efforts she made to make their home beautiful had his heart. 

Also, now they had an easy excuse to kiss. They had to just come and stand under the hanging in the balcony.

"Should I pull it up still?" 

"Yes, a little higher will be better." He suggested looking up, and comparing the highy of it to the other two.

"Done," she said placing her hands on her hip looking up at the cute Christmas purchase. It was even on sale when she had bought it. 

"Come down now," He said, holding her hand.

She got off the stool with his help. When he didn't move or say anything she raised up a brow curiously.

"We are technically under the mistletoe," He spoke looking at her with a slowly blooming cheeky smile.

Sharanya smiled ear to ear, gazing at him. She inched her face closer. But before his lips could meet hers the doorbell went off and its chime echoed in the house.

"Someone's at the door," she said blinking. 

You are very very slow, period. 

"Hmm, yes. You ordered something?" He asked, breaking out of the remembrance of a very fond memory from their honeymoon.

"No, I uh, I ordered groceries but they will come by evening. I will go check." She said confused and hastily headed out.

Nikhil sighed looking up at the mistletoe. A smile lingered around his lips as he followed her trail to see who was at the door at eleven o'clock on a Saturday morning.

Sharanya was pleasantly surprised to see her friend at the door, a very pregnant Gargi.

"Oh my God!" She said taking her into a careful hug.