Chapter 44 : Surprise!

Any wild guesses from the chapter title?

Enjoy the Long chapter ahead! 

- - - - ♡ - - - -

tumse hi tumse har baat, har baat hai...

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Sharanya stared at her suitcase mentally ticking her checklist. She had never been outside India and it sort of troubled her. Her suitcase was full with winter clothes. Thankfully Gargi was so excited about her packing that Sharanya didn't really have to pay much attention. She had followed the messages that kept popping up from Gargi.

Her other worry was the extremely long flight duration and the idea of honeymoon. How on earth could someone sit for more than three hours in a flight? She had to brace herself for five times of it. She looked up at Nikhil who was doing to and fro from his cupboard to the bed where he had placed his suitcase.

"We'll need one more suitcase!" He declared, seemingly irritated with all the hustle and bustle.

Sharanya walked over to his side of the bed. "Let me try to optimize the arrangement, maybe we can take an extra bag. A suitcase, I don't think is necessary." She said, taking out the bathroom kit and jacket that he had dumped on top. If she thought she was the worse when it came to packing Nikhil was hundred times her.

Nikhil placed his hands on his waist and looked at her redo the entire thing he had done in the past forty minutes. Why had he wasted time on this?

"You took your sweater?" His mother asked entering the room with ironed full sleeve t-shirts. "Here take these," she said handing them to Sharanya.

"Oh, I forgot shoes." Nikhil spoke.

"You'll wear them right?" Sharanya asked perplexed.

"Yes, but I need to take another pair right?"

"Oh, okay," Sharanya said not bothering to tell him it would be a waste of space. He could simply manage with one pair.

"Sharanya, you have all your warm clothes, right? Also, take warm leggings. Nikhil, did you take the thermal inners?" She turned to her son.

"Yes, Maa."

"Good. I am heating the dinner, you two come in five minutes."

Sharanya looked at Nikhil. "Let's make one more suitcase." She said, defeated.

* * *

Sharanya had made one long list of items on her phone. She was doing the last minute check. No doubt she was excited for the trip but she was also very worried. International travel wasn't a child's play, at least not for her. She made sure they took their passports, ID documents and even copies of them just in case they misplaced the originals.

"Let's leave?" Nikhil suggested looking at his wrist watch. "We don't want to be late."

"Yes, just a minute," she said quickly scrolling through everything. "Did you take your mobile charger?" She asked remembering that last time he had forgotten to.

"Yes, I did."

"Okay, I took mine too. I guess we are good to go then."

Nikhil nodded, dragging the final suitcase out of the room.

It took them lesser time than usual to reach the airport thanks to the empty roads at night. Sharanya was still trying to sink it all in. The airport was busy just as the daytime. Sharanya closely followed Nikhil. Travel always made her a little anxious. For Nikhil on the contrary it seemed to be a cakewalk.