Chapter 43 : Pre-Honeymoon Jitters

- - - - ♡ - - - -

dil diyan gallan...

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Sharanya stared at her friend who sat across the table. She was unusually silence. It bothered Sharanya. Gargi's silence usually meant much more than just no mood to talk.

"You know, Nikhil's mother is actually being nice to me. She even taught me a special recipe of hers, a sweet that is Nikhil's favorite." Sharanya finally began talking. She had to admit that she was suddenly suspicious of her mother-in-law's changed behaviour. She didn't give her those hard looks or make a face when she didn't put chilli powder in food. In fact she cooked without adding chilli powder, today morning. In her bowl, she had sprinkled some of the powder separately.

"It's a little hard to digest, honestly," Sharanya remarked thinking about it. She looked up at Gargi who was focused on relishing the burger. Luckily for them their mother-in-laws had decided to skip the shopping and head to a temple on the outskirts of the city instead. So here they were, Gargi snacking fast food which her mother-in-law wouldn't allow her to have saying it was unhealthy for the baby and Sharanya talking about her mother-in-law's changed behaviour.

"Gargi!" She said waving her hand before her face to get her attention.

"I am listening," Gargi said with a stuffed mouth. "You should be happy that aunty is finally opening up to you. What's the status on her son, is he opening up too?"

Sharanya couldn't fight the smile that curved up.

"Oh, interesting response!" Gargi remarked placing the burger down. "I am all ears."

Sharanya shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"Base one?" Gargi asked her one eyebrow arching up.

"We kissed. I mean I kissed and then he kissed."

Gargi's grin grew wider and then in seconds a frown replaced it. "Wait! What do you even mean by that? If you kiss, you both kiss right?"

"Uh, cheek kiss."

"Oh," Gargi muttered sitting back in her chair. Of course, cheek kiss, it was Nik and Sharu after all. "That's some progress," she said to encourage her without really meaning it.

Sharanya looked sideways to make sure no one was listening in on their conversation.

"But, it's made us both more awkward I think." She spoke her mind. The sudden bizarre stealing of glances and less conversation had begun bothering her. Even throughout the walk last night they were silent although they held hands. She liked talking to him. It was the only way to understand him. But the sudden silence between them, even if comfortable didn't go well with her.

The corner of Gargi's lips lifted up to form a sly smile. Perhaps Sharanya couldn't understand that the awkwardness was sexual tension.

Sharanya didn't feel the need to tell her friend that along with the awkwardness she had begun to feel those weird temptations. Like the itch to touch him or be close to him or gaze at his cheek wondering if she could kiss him again or look into his eyes or simply to hold his hand.

"The solution is really simple. You'll figure it out soon enough." Gargi said. "Now, let's decide on what shopping needs to be done. It's going to be pretty cold, so you'll need warm clothing. Then because it's your honeymoon you'll need new underclothes and maybe two pairs of some sexy lingerie and negligee."