Chapter 56 : His Apology

- - - - ♡ - - - -

behumar raatein, behisab baatein,

paas aate aate gum ho jati hai

- - - - ♡ - - - -

"So, Akshu, how is your college going?" Nikhil asked as they all settled to eat. His hunger doubled up seeing the dum aloo gravy Sharanya had cooked. Apparently he wasn't the only one. Akshaya had requested for extra rotis beforehand.

Sharanya quietly listened to their conversation.

She was angry and hurt. Not just his words but his manner too had hurt her. She was just trying to be an understanding spouse. He looked worried and she had asked him. But the way he had yelled at her had almost broke her heart.

She had decided to not pry into his matters anymore. She was the one being stupid. Nikhil was a practical guy who totally didn't prefer people putting their nose into his business. If anyone was at fault, it was her. She should have given him the space he needed instead of asking again.

The realization had hit her hard. Nikhil had power on her emotions, now. Way too much than she assumed. She had literally cried on her way out in the morning. She wasn't that weak. She realized that she had given too much control to Nikhil. It was really stupid of her.

"So, are you both usually this quiet?" Akshaya asked with a teasing smile.

"No, sometimes. We appreciate silence you know!" Sharanya answered. Nikhil glanced at his wife.

"I knew it, you two were made for each other." Akshaya mumbled. "By the way how was Paris? I completely forgot about that."

"Better than Goa was for you," Sharanya spoke in between bites. How on earth did her sister get a made for each other vibe from them?

Nikhil turned to look at Sharanya with wide eyes. She was in a very fiery mode. It made him nervous. He just felt glad that he hadn't received a reply like that yet. He wondered if she was redirecting the anger she felt on him to her sister.

"Di, I said sorry. It won't happen again."

"It wouldn't have happened if you had listened to me."

Akshaya felt short of words and sighed.

"It's okay, we all make mistakes." Nikhil said to comfort Akshaya. If Sharanya's anger was misdirected, as he assumed it was, then Akshaya didn't deserve it.

Akshaya looked up at him with a grateful smile, "Thanks for understanding."

"I am sure Sharanya thinks that way too," He added, throwing Sharanya a glance.

"She does. She loves scolding me. And I sort of missed it, so I am okay with it," Akshaya said with a small smile.

Sharanya tried to keep a straight face and not melt at her sister's words. In all honesty, she missed spending time with Akshaya. Her senseless talks, her irritating questions, her stupidity. So, when Akshaya had called saying she wanted to meet, Sharanya had quickly invited her home to help her pack so that they would get work done and also spend time together. And maybe, because she was looking to distract herself from thinking about Nikhil.

"How is Saahil holding up after the break up?" Akshaya asked looking at Nikhil.

It was Nikhil's turn to look surprised.