Epilogue

"What we call the beginning
is often the end. And to
make an end is to make
a beginning. The end is where
we start from."

12 years had come and went in the little house in a small town in France. Aurelia and Kira had grown closer than ever as they both coped with the loss of the Black brother's.

Each found love in one of them and each found grief when they lost them. One to death and one to the chilling depths of Azkaban.

Together they brought the other back from the brink of destruction, urging each other on every day. They made a home together and even adopted a Crup puppy.

They called him Socks because of the white fur on his paws that made him look like he was wearing socks.

After the years, life was peaceful. They often visited friends and family in Britain and were happy to hear Harry Potter had begun his schooling at Hogwarts.

So, it came to a shock when Kira was going through the morning mail and came across the Daily Prophet. It was not the newspaper that shocked her, but rather the title.

Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban.

She dropped her the pile of letters she held and ran to the bottom of the stairs. "Aurelia!"

Aurelia came out of the bathroom in her pajamas, her hair still wet. She had her wand gripped tightly in her hands. "Yes? Kira, is everything alright?"

She walked down the stairs and took the newspaper Kira handed to her. Her knees buckled beneath her and Kira reached out to cradle her fall. They both sat down on the bottom step.

"He's out?"

Kira nodded. "What do we do?"

"We go to Britain. We find him."

She sighed, "We can't just go. We both have jobs."

Aurelia turned to her and grabbed her arms. "Please, Kira, I need to find him."

She chewed the inside of her cheeks, thinking on it. She could claim she was going to Britain for work, the Ministry would allow it.

"Okay," she nodded.

Aurelia hugged her. "Thank you!"

She pulled back. "But," she began, "We have to be careful. We don't want to be accused of helping him, or we could be thrown into Azkaban as well."

Aurelia nodded. "We'll be careful. I promise."

She ran upstairs, grabbing things from the bathroom and running to her room to pack them into a trunk.

"We have wands!" Kira called back.

She looked at the picture of Sirius Black. She wondered if Regulus would look the same as him if he had lived to be this old or if he would look different. She supposed he would look different. Azkaban had taken its toll on Sirius.

Her eyes found a photo of Regulus from his seventh year at Hogwarts hanging on the wall. "I'll find your brother, Reg, and I'll try to clear his name," she whispered.

She got up and went to go pack her own things. She would help Aurelia find him. She could not help one brother, but she could help this one.