Chapter 20

"The quiet of the
night is
astonishingly
beautiful."

Kira made her way to the library. She had been given permission to go to The Restricted Section and search for more books that may be useful for her.

Her meeting with Dumbledore had gone well. She performed some spells and Dumbledore gave her access to the Restricted Section.

She wanted to get the books now before she had to jump into studying for the upcoming exams.

The library was filled with students who wanted to get an early start on studying. Most of them were Seventh years or a few fifth years.

Kira walked passed them and handed her note to Madam Pince who let her into the Restricted Section. Under other circumstances, Madam Pince would be the one going into the Restricted Section but Dumbledore gave Kira permission to look for books on her own.

She stood at the entrance and looked around. Old, tattered books filled the shelves. Some made noises and groans and some stood silent and still.

She wandered the shelves and headed to the 4th bookcase in the second row on the left that Dumbledore instructed her to go.

Once there she looked for books that may help her. She found a book called "History of Dhara Horne." She grabbed that book and searched for some more.

She found another book with more spells. One book that intrigued her was a book with no title. It was a small black book and when she opened it, it held the same type of spells as the others. They were Dark spells though.

She took the book with her. She couldn't let it get into the wrong hands. Until she got the book from Irene, she didn't know if the descendant of Dhara Horne was her mother or her father and she couldn't let her father get this book if he was.

She put the books in her book bag and left the Restricted Section. Leaving the library, she was stopped by a Hufflepuff Seventh Year.

"Kira!" Aurelia Bonneville called.

"Hello, Aurelia," Kira greeted with a polite smile. She quite liked Aurelia. She arrived at Hogwarts this year and got along quite well with Kira.

"Would you like to join our study group? It'll be me, a few other Hufflepuffs. Lily might join too, and she might bring the Marauders now that her and James are dating."

"I'd love to join," Kira said.

"You can bring your friends too if you like, so there's more sixth years."

Kira hoped bringing Regulus and Evan wouldn't cause a problem if Sirius was there. "Bye, Aurelia," She said, waving to her before leaving.

Kira clutched the package in her hand. She was in her dorm when her sister's owl flew in the window with a package and a letter.

She put the package down in front of her as she sat cross-legged on her bed. She opened the envelope and read the letter.

"Dear Kira,

I don't know why you need the book but I'm not going to ask. DO NOT DESTROY IT!

I hope you are well. Study for your exams and make sure Thomas is doing alright.

Narcissa Malfoy owled me. She says Charles is doing well and she's keeping him safe and away from Father.

Rob and I are doing well. See you soon.

Love,
I."

Kira smiled to herself. She missed her sister.

She opened the package and picked up the book her sister had given her.

It had a symbol on it, her mother's family crest. She didn't want to open it now. She wanted to open it with Regulus.

She got up and rushed downstairs in search of Regulus.

She looked at the clock in the common room, it was time for dinner. He would be there.

She made her way to dinner. She hoped Ava was there already, she hadn't seen her all day.

The Great Hall was nearly filled with people. She searched the Ravenclaw table for Ava. She found her sitting next to another Ravenclaw girl. To others they looked like close friends but Kira knew there was more.

She smiled to herself. At least Ava was having fun before she'd be forced to marry Avery.

She spotted Regulus at the Slytherin table and made her way there. She ignored the odd looks she received from others and sat down next to Regulus. The other Slytherins didn't mind much, she was Pureblood after all.

Regulus smiled when he saw her, "What are you doing here?"

"Ava's a little busy. I decided not to interrupt," she answered.

"Ah," he nodded.

She leaned in closer to Regulus, "I have to show you something after dinner."

"Evan, Reg," She said, "I was invited to join a study group with some Hufflepuff Seventh Years. Would you two like to join?" She asked. "Before you say yes, the Marauders might be there but only maybe."

"Sure, I don't mind," Evan said, "if you're okay with it Reg?"

Regulus took a breath, "Sure." He nodded and then turned back to his meal.

After dinner, Kira led Regulus to the library. She found a secluded spot and when they were both sat down she took out the book.

"Your family tree." he said, "Have you looked yet?"

Kira shook her head and opened the book. It was a magical book that got bigger with each generation. The most recent generation was at the front. There were whole sections dedicated to the families that married into the family or family that married into other families.

It was confusing, but helpful.

"You know," Kira began, "this is probably going to take ages."

"Well, let's start then," Regulus grinned.

They paged through the book for around an hour until Regulus said, "Wait. Look." He pointed to a spot near the end of the book.

Dhara Horne.

"She married into my mother's family," Kira whispered.

"Well, now it's confirmed," Regulus grinned.

Kira looked at him and found herself grinning too.

A clock caught her eye. "Merlin, it's curfew. If Filch catches us we'll get detention."

"Come," Regulus pulled her up, "I know a shortcut to the Ravenclaw Tower."

Kira followed him through a tunnel that led to the tower.

The silence of the night was comforting. It was calming and Kira loved the silence. The only sounds they heard were their footsteps and the light chatter of the portraits that were still awake.

"You should go. Be quick, you don't want to get caught," Kira said once they reached the stairs.

"Hurry." he urged her to go. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye," Kira whispered. She turned and hurried up the stairs.

She was tired and her body ached for her warm covers and her soft bed. She knew that tonight, she would sleep well, and as soon as her head in the pillow she fell asleep.

________________________________________

Hope you liked this chapter!!

Please vote and comment! It helps my story! <3

- walkingmasterpiece xx