Chapter 22

"When I saw you first,
it took every ounce of me
not to kiss you.
When I saw you laugh,
it took every ounce of me
not to fall in love.
When I saw your soul—
it took every ounce of me."
– atticus

Kira tapped her foot in annoyance as she waited for her brother to finish getting his things so the two of them could go to The Potter's.

Irene and Robert were going to Italy, leaving Kira and Thomas with the Potter's. They wanted to take the two with them but they were going for work-related reasons.

Kira had been in contact with Narcissa during the Summer. Her father still had Charles but Narcissa looked out for him often and gave Kira updates every week.

Charles was doing well, but he missed his family. Narcissa told her that he always asked for them. She wanted so desperately to barge into Malfoy Manor and take him from her father.

She couldn't do that though. There were too many Death Eaters and she was a 16-year-old girl. Not to mention, her father has legal custody of Charles so even then the Ministry wouldn't do anything about it.

Thomas came bounding down the halls. "I'm ready!" He exclaimed as he came to a rough stop in front of Kira.

Kira scoffed at her brother's energy and beckoned him to the door were Robert would be apparating them to the Potter's.

"You two got everything ready?" He asked once they got closer to where he was standing next to a coat rack while he put on his brown jacket.

Kira nodded, lifting her trunk a bit to show she had everything. The light blue trunk was the same one she brought to Hogwarts. They would be dropped off at the station by the Potters because Irene and Robert would still be in Italy.

To match her baby blue trunk, she wore a light blue high-waisted skirt and a white blouse with a pair of white wedges. She wore her hair down.

Robert smiled and held out his arms for the two to side-apparate.

Kira looked at the Manor in front of her, happy to be back. She loved spending the Summer's here. While James and Sirius could be rather annoying, it was always fun spending the day with them.

"Kira, Thomas! How lovely to see you!" Euphemia Potter greeter the two with a warm hug. "My, My, Tom, you seem to have grown even taller than the last time I saw you," she commented.

It was true, Thomas had somehow managed to grow even taller in the gap between Third and Fourth year. Thomas only grinned and ran inside to greet the others. He adored James and Sirius and loved pulling pranks with them or getting up to trouble.

"I best be going, Euphemia," Robert nodded to her. He waved to the two before turning on his left foot and apparating away.

"Come inside, dear, come inside," Her Aunt ushered her inside. "James," she called as the entered through the front door. "Be a dear, and take Kira's trunk to her room."

Sirius and James snickered as the latter walked towards them.

Kira smirked, knowing the reason why they found what Euphemia said so funny.

James gave Kira a warm hug, one that matched his mother's long hugs, and took her trunk.

"Ready for the summer of a lifetime?" Sirius grinned as he pulled her in for a hug.

Kira scoffed, "I'm here every summer, Sirius, and each time it worse than the last."

Sirius gasped, offended, "How dare you? We are amazing!" He wiped a fake tear from his eye and spun around, off to find James to probably complain about how she didn't think they were great.

Kira chuckled to herself, he truly is the most dramatic person I have ever met.

One thing Kira loves about staying at the Potters was her room. Her and her siblings each had their own little room in the large house. Kira loved hers. It was blue and white, her favourite colours. They reminded her of the trips to France her family often had. Her parents and two older siblings were born there. Herself and her younger brothers, were born in England.

She ran her hand over the desk near the window when a knock startled her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," a soft voice said.

Kira turned around and smiled at Lily Evans. She figured she would be here, with her dating James Potter and all.

When Kira was 11, she didn't quite like muggleborns because of her parents. As she grew older though, her views changed. She was friends with some, and acquainted with many more.

"Hello, Lily," she smiled.

Lily grinned at the usually closed-off girl. She had noticed the change in Kira's attitude throughout the past year. She had become more open and friendly with more people.

She doubted the girl had noticed but she had a feeling it was because of a certain black-haired boy she spent most of her time with.

"James told me you two were cousins," she said.

Kira nodded, "Yeah, our mother's are sisters."

Lily smiled, but it vanished as soon as it came.

"May I asked a question?"

Kira furrowed her eyebrows, "Of course," she said, following Lily's lead and sitting next to her on the bed.

"Do you think 18 is too young to be married?"

Kira remained silent. The question shocked her. It was then she noticed the silver ring with a diamond embedded into it on Lily's left hand. She was fiddling with it, turning and spinning it around.

"There's nothing wrong with getting married now. Wizards become of age at 17, and 18 is a year after that," she said, "My parents were married at 18 and 19."

Lily smiled and whispered, "Thank you." She held out her hand for Kira to see the ring. "He proposed last night."

Kira looked up at her and grinned, "the poor boy must've been scared to death," she joked, causing the two to laugh.

"Oh, he dropped the ring twice," Lily giggled, "It made it so much more adorable though."

A voice caused them to look up, startled. "What are you two ladies doing?" James grinned, leaning against the door frame.

"Congratulations, James," Kira smirked.

James blushes and looked at Lily, smiling at her. Kira chuckled and got up, giving James a hug, which he gladly returned.

_________________________________________

Well, I'm back.

Gosh, it feels weird to write after not doing it for 3 weeks. Which reminds, I need to stop procrastinating and finished writing both an essay and a speech.

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

The all caps is literally to get this noticed by people who don't read the A/Ns but anyway.

So this book is going to be somewhere around 60-70 chapters, maybe more. I want to know from my readers if you would like a book that long, or if you would prefer it to be split into two.

This book would be Kira's journey through 6th and 7th year and the second would be after graduation and during the war.

Please leave a comment and let me know! <3

Also, the quote is related to James and Lily, just so you know. ;)
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

- walkingmasterpiece  xx