Chapter 31

"she was life itself. wild and free.
wonderfully chaotic. a perfectly
put together mess."

A couple weeks passed and soon Christmas Day was upon Hogwarts.

Kira, Regulus, Ava, and Evan all chose to stay at Hogwarts for their final year, as did many other Seventh Years.

Kira smiled when she entered the Great Hall and spotted Regulus and Evan sitting at the Ravenclaw Table with Ava.

Kira finished opening gifts from her sister, Thomas, who chose to go home, James, Sirius, and the rest of the Marauders before going to the Great Hall to give the others their gifts.

For Ava, she chose to gift her a new set of makeup, ranging from eyeshadows to new makeup brushes.

For Evan, she opted to get him a dark green sweater and some fudge.

For Regulus, she had a rather special gift. It was a watch with a black leather wristband and gold lining around the clock part. The actual clock was black, decorated with different constellations. One of the more notable constellations was Leo, which happened to hold the star, Regulus.

"Kira! Thank you!" Ava gushed over her new makeup brushed. They were a combination of black, blue and bronze.

Ava gave her three new books on various topics which she was grateful for.

Evan gave her black boots, both of them laughing at the fact they both got clothing items for each other.

Kira bit her lip as she watched Regulus open his gift. He grinned as he pulled it out of the box.

"Thank you, Kira, I love it," he whispered, looking at up her. He put it on and showed the others, Ava gushing over the way it suited his black attire.

"And now for yours, Milady," he said in a posh accent from where he sat beside her.

Kira giggled and accepted the gift. She opened the box with a careful gentleness. A grin overtook her features as she picked up the gift.

A rose gold necklace with a single charm, a star.

"I love it," Kira whispered.

Regulus didn't have to explain what it meant, she knew. The star was for him, because he was named after a star. The rose gold was for her, Kira Rose.

She turned so Regulus could put it on for her. Once he did, she twirled the star in between her fingers. She leaned into Regulus as she watched the others eat and talk.

She was happy.

"Regulus! I swear you will pay for that!" Kira screamed after being hit in the back of the head with a snowball.

She bent down to pick up some snow and threw it in his direction, only for him to duck and hit an unsuspecting Ava.

Ava gasped, "Oh it's on Kira Asterin Rose!"

Kira laughed and ducked from another two snowballs, one from Regulus and the other from Ava.

"Kira!" Evan called, after throwing a snowball at Regulus. He pulled her behind a large tree to use as cover.

The two bent down and gathered plenty of snow to make more snowballs before unleashing their wrath on Regulus and Ava.

One of their snowballs hit Ava square in the face causing her to stumble backwards and trip Regulus.

Kira was laughing so hard she nearly fell over, leaning against Evan so she wouldn't fall over. The two came out from behind the tree, remnants of laughter still falling from their lips.

"You should have seen your face, Ava!" Kira laughed.

"Oh shut it will you," Ava grumbled, though a large grin covered her face.

To the rest of the group, Kira's loud laughter seemed normal, this is the Kira they knew.

To the rest of Hogwarts, however, her laughter was absurd. Many saw how she grew from being cold and emotionless around strangers to being carefree and joyful around everyone else.

Kira had not noticed the change in her behavior but Ava certainly had.

She remembered when Kira was more closed off in public but she could not be happier that she was now more open. It meant she was happy, and she had Regulus and Evan to thank for that.

The two slytherins joining them did a lot for the pair.

Ava was happy because Kira was happy.

Nothing could bring her spirits down when she saw her best friend's smile and heard her laughter ring throughout the courtyard.

________________________________________

Updating now because I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week.

During the month of November I will probably update very little because I am starting with my exams.

But I've got another chapter ready for next week and another one I'm nearly done with so you will be getting something!

– walkingmasterpiece xx