Chapter 7

"To the well-organised mind,
Death is but the next great
Adventure."
Albus Dumbledore

Kira gripped the letter she received from Dumbledore in her hands. A letter requesting her presence in his office.

She knew immediately something was off. It could not be coincidence that merely a day after she owled her sister that Dumbledore asked to see her. Something was wrong.

Ava looked at her best friend who gripped the paper so hard her knuckles began to turn white. They were sitting in the Great Hall for lunch when the letter arrived with large brown owl.

Ava gently put her hand on top of Kira's left one. Kira looked up. "You should go." Ava encouraged her.

Kira sighed but nodded and got up. "Do you want to come with me?" Kira asked, disguising her nerves with a simple offer.

"No, it's okay. Dumbledore asked to see you. Now go, it will be fine." Ava shooed her away with a smile.

Kira waved a goodbye and quickly walked out of the Great Hall and to the Headmasters office.

Kira arrived at the entrance to Dumbledore's office. The Griffin statue stood tall and she looked back at the letter crumpled in her hand for a password.

" oh and I do quite like chocolate frogs."

She found it written at the bottom of the note. Of course. Dumbledore has a tendency to make passwords names of many wizarding and muggle sweets alike.

"Chocolate Frogs." She mumbled. The Griffin statue moved out of the way to reveal a staircase. She stepped onto them and they brought her to Dumbledore's office door.

She bit her lip and knocked gently on the door. Once it opened she walked inside and her suspicions were confirmed, for her brother sat in one of the chairs in front of Dumbledore's desk.

"Headmaster? You requested to see me?" Kira greeted Dumbledore.

"Ah yes please sit, Miss Rose." He gestured to the seat next to her brother with a gentle smile.

Kira glanced at her brother and took a seat. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking, but why exactly have you called us here?" She spoke up again.

She could see her brother was nervous. He bobbed his knee up and down continuously, something he often did when anxious.

"Well you see Mr and Miss Rose. I called you to my office to deliver some news. Your Mother, she was found dead in her home yesterday."

When Kira heard those words she froze. Her Mother could not be dead. No. This whole time she thought she was simply neglecting her and Thomas but she was gone.

"How long, Headmaster? How long has she been dead." Kira croaked out. She needed to know.

Her brother sat beside her sobbing. She grabbed his hand in an attempt to comfort him. She couldn't cry. Not now. She'll save that for the funeral. She needed to be strong for her brother.

"3 weeks."

Those two words broke her heart. She thought she was being careless. She couldn't have owled them even if she wanted to.