Chapter 35

"Wherever you are, I am
with you, and I love you as
before."

Kira stood in the kitchen of her sister's home watching her sister's house elf prepare lunch while Irene poured two glasses of wine.

Regulus had arrived two days prior on invite by Irene. Him, Rob, and Tom, went to do some shopping with the two sisters spent some much needed time together.

"Kira," Irene started, handing Kira a glass of red wine.

"Fancy," Kira smirked and brought the glass to her lips.

"Kira, how, how is Charlie doing?"

Kira sucked in a breath. This was a sensitive topic for both of them. "He's doing well. Narcissa sent a letter yesterday. Father," she nearly choked on her words. She hated calling him that, "has not been at Malfoy Manor for almost a year. Narcissa has been taking good care of him until we can take him back."

"Oh I wish we could get him back now," Irene sighed.

"Me too," Kira nodded, "but you know how he would react. Who knows what who he'll hurt next and whether he'll get some of his friends involved too. Charlie is safer with Narcissa than he is with us at the moment."

Irene nodded in agreement, "Well, onto a slightly less sad note, Father has been declared dead by the ministry."

Kira choked on her wine, coughing as her sister patted her back. "What? Why?"

"He hasn't been seen in two years, Kira." Irene said softly. "Mum had a Will, but it couldn't be executed because he was missing. Now that he's declared dead, it can be."

"And?" Kira asked.

"You are now the sole owner of Rose Manor."

Kira's eyes widened in shock. Her? The owner of Rose Manor? "But why? You're the oldest!" She exclaimed. It was true, Irene was the oldest. It seemed more than likely that she would receive ownership of the house.

"And I have a house. Why would I be given a second one?" Irene chuckled, taking a sip of her wine.

"I don't want it," Kira whispered.

"It's okay, you don't have to live there or anything. It'll just be there." She said, reaching her hand across the kitchen counter to squeeze Kira's shoulder.

"So, when are you and Regulus moving in together?" She smirked, watching the blush form on her sister's cheeks, who rolled her eyes in return.

"He said he found an amazing house he wants to show me. Says it's a beautiful small house on the outskirts of Wiltshire. Which makes me think it's not so small because the Malfoy Manor is in Wiltshire and it's nowhere near as small." As she spoke a soft smile covered her face, one Irene was happy to see. It meant that her little sister was truly happy and in love.

"Perhaps it is small if it's on the outskirts of Wiltshire? Malfoy Manor is more on the other side where all the big mansions and gardens are, like Rose Manor." She added.

"Perhaps," Kira shrugged.

~~~

A large house stood before Kira and Regulus as they walked up to the front door with the wizard real estate agent ahead of them.

"Regulus!" She whisper-shouted. "This is not a small house!" She chuckled at the boy, and the house. Albeit, it was much smaller than both Rose Manor and Malfoy Manor.

It had a black roof and white walls. The lights lit it up beautifully against the darkening sky, giving it a rose-gold glow. It had a balcony in the center, plenty of windows and large steps leading up to the front floor.