Chapter 33

"For you, I'd steal the stars."

Regulus wandered around Kira's dorm while she finished an essay that was due tomorrow.

Every possible surface was covered with something, books, parchment, and quills. For someone he knew to be neat, she was very messy.

He walked over to a pile of books and picked one of them up. Astronomers Guide to the Stars. He had the same book, he figured she would have it too.

He looks at the next book, there was no title or author. Furrowing his eyebrows, he lifted up the book and flipped through the pages.

This book was filled with dark magic.

"Kira?" He asked, his voice cracking. She can't be meddling with the dark arts.

"Hmm," she hummed in response, still focused on the essay, rather than the boy standing a little ways away with his back to her.

"Why do you have this?" He said, holding up the book so she could see it.

She turned her head to look at what he had, "Have what..." the words fading from her mouth.

She gulped, "I found it in the library."

He turned around to face her, his face scrunched up in concern. "A book on the Dark Arts?" He asked, almost exasperated.

"I found it when I was looking for answers about my magic. Before I knew who I got it from," she explained. "If my dad," her voice cracked, "if he got his hands on this book, you know what he'd do."

Regulus nodded. "Have you, have you used any of the spells in here?" He asked, his voice low, as if he was scared to know the answer.

"No!" Kira said, standing up. "I only took the book to keep it from him. It's been in my trunk until today, when I took it out to find my potions textbook," she held up the book she had been going through to write her essay.

Regulus nodded once more, before taking a few steps towards her and putting his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

A soft smile adorned her features as she brought her hands up to his chest.

"I love you," he whispered.

He didn't know what he'd do if anything happened to her. He knew how seductive and intriguing the Dark Arts were, but then he got a taste of it and realised how bad it really was. By then, he was in far too deep with no escape, drowning in the choices he made.

He wouldn't let it happen to her.

"I love you too," she grinned, pressing a soft kiss to the corner of his mouth.

He bit his lip to conceal his smile, and failing, brought her closer for a proper kiss.

After they pulled apart, he buried his head in the crook of her neck.

They stood in silence for a moment before Kira pulled away from him, announcing she still had an essay to complete.

He nodded and smiled, letting her finish. He walked over to her bed and plopped down, resting on his back.

All he could think about was her.

Kira.

And the war.

The last thing he ever wanted to do was put her in danger, and even though Kira said she would stand by him being a Death Eater, he knew it was a dangerous choice.

It made her an easy target.

If The Dark Lord found out about her, he'd use him to get her to join his army.

And she'd say yes.

He couldn't let that happen. He could not let Kira help him even if it killed him.

Kira was a key part in this war, and she needed to be on the side he wasn't.

Even if it killed him.

________________________________________

Sort of rushed but yeah.

I'm starting with exams on Tuesday which means that after this update I might not be able to update until the end of November.

But in the meantime, I have a new story, "Call of the Void // T.Riddle."

I'd really appreciate if you checked it out. I have prewritten chapters so I will be updating once a week, so you'll have something from me while I'm unable to write.

Hope you enjoyed!

– walkingmasterpiece xx