Chapter 14

"Or maybe home is just
two arms wrapped
around you when you're
at your worst."

Kira left the room she had been staying since she arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place two days ago. She was dressed in a navy blue skirt, thick stockings, a white sweater and a cream coat.

Today she would be visiting her sister at Raymond Manor.

She walked downstairs, making sure to keep her gaze to the ground when she walked past the house elf heads.

Downstairs she found Regulus in the dining room drinking tea.

"Morning," she said.

Regulus looked up and smiled, "morning. Would you like some tea?"

Kira nodded and sat down across from him.  Instead of asking Kreacher to make her tea he got up and made it himself.

"Where are your parents?" She asked. She had not seen or heard them today. Walburga would usually be screaming at Kreacher at this time.

"Oh, they're out. I think they're having tea with the Avery's," he answered as he brought her tea to her.

"Thank you," she smiled and she took a sip. "I'm glad it's not peppermint," she sighed in relief.

Regulus playfully glared at her, "Peppermint tea is still better than whatever you drink."

"It really is not," she laughed.

"It is. Are you visiting your sister today?" He asked once he noticed she was all dressed up.

"Yes I am. I usually go home on the holidays so I wanted to check up on them," she explained.

"Oh okay, are you going now?" He asked.

"Yes, I want to go early so I can be back in time for dinner. What about you? Any plans for today?" She said as she got up.

"I think I'll catch up on some of my holiday work," he said, following her to the fireplace.

"Good luck with that Potions essay, I swear Professor Slughorn doesn't know that it's the holidays."

Regulus laughed and waved her goodbye as she stepped into the fireplace. She grabbed some Floo Powder and threw it down while speaking the words, "Raymond Manor."

The world around her changed as Regulus' warm smile was replaced by her sister's living room.

She dusted off her clothes and stepped out of the fireplace. She looked around to see where her sister was, or anyone really, when her sister came running into the room covered in flour.

"Merlin, Irene, what have you been doing?" Kira exclaimed, covering her mouth to conceal her laughter.

Irene grinned in return, "baking, though it seems both Rob and Tom are terrible at it."

"Muggle baking?" She asked. Irene nodded so she continued, "You have wands. Last I recalled you were old enough to use one."

Irene laughed, "I know but Tom can't so we decided to bake the muggle way."

Kira just laughed and shook her head. She pulled Irene in for a hug.

They pulled apart only for Kira to be tackled by her younger brother. Fortunately for her, she managed to remain upright as she hugged him back.

"You saw me two days ago!" She exclaimed.

Thomas pulled away and gave her a lopsided grin, "I still missed you."