Chapter 26

"I am a mere breath of air,
a formless thought,
that thinks of you."

Ava returned to the Ravenclaw dorms to find Kira sitting on her bed with her knees to her chest as she stared at the wall.

Something was off.

"Kira, love, what's wrong?"

Kira flinched at the voice, she didn't hear Ava come in. The tears had long dried on her face and the flashes of rage and sadness had long past.

Now all she felt was numb.

She didn't notice Ava cross the room or take a seat next to her until she felt her arms around her. She didn't make an effort to move, she didn't think she could.

"He's a Death Eater," Kira whispered. She said it in such a low voice Ava had to strained her ears to hear her.

Ava decided to remind silent and let Kira rant. She bottled up her feelings far too often and she needed to let it all out.

"He lied to me, Ava. The bastard lied to my face. I don't even know if he felt anything towards me. He couldn't have. He so kind and good, how can he be bad?" Kira had not yet realised the tears had started falling down her face once again.

Ava conjured some tissues and wiped girl's face. She's been through so much the past year.

"Do you know why he kept it from you?" Ava asked. She knew he cared for he. The boy was not that good of an actor. She saw the way he looked at her when he thought no one was watching. The way he felt about her shone through his eyes when he smiled at her.

Kira remained silent.

Ava sighed. "I know he cares about you. Anyone can see that," she let out a dry chuckle. "People do things when they're scared. I'm sure he's aware about how you feel about Death Eaters. Maybe he was scared you would leave if you found out?"

Kira remained silent for a moment before speaking, "Do you really think he likes me?"

Ava felt her heart break. She had never heard Kira sound so confused and doubtful. "I know he does."

"Speak to him, Kira. Learn his side of the story. I know you really care for him so don't let him go so easily. I've never seen you smile so much than when you're with him."

Kira turned and threw her arms around Ava, who chuckled and hugged her tighter.

"I love you, Ava. You're the best." Kira mumbled.

"I love you too, Kira." She smiled.

Regulus punched his dorm room wall before pulling his hair and continuing to pace around the room.

Evan sighed, "Come on, Mate, you've been doing this for 20 minutes."

Evan has still been outside the Slytherin Common Room when Kira rushed out and ran down the corridors. He ran up to find Regulus sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

"I messed up." He sat down on the floor with his back against his bed.

"She looked so scared, and betrayed." Regulus felt horrible after that. The way she froze and looked up at him. Her eyes were laced with fear and betrayal.

He wanted then an there to hold her and tell her he wasn't like her father, he wasn't a killer, and that he cared for her.

Was he any different though?

How could he be any different from the rest of the Death Eaters?

He'd never killed anyone. He's never tortured anyone. But how was standing there and letting it happen any better? How was accepting the mark of those who were killers any better?

"I can't lose her," his voice cracked. He never expected Kira to become such an important person in his life. He couldn't bare the thought of her leaving.

He needed her. She kept him sane on the days his mark burned or when he was forced to help some other Death Eaters on a task. He forced himself to not write to her over summer, to protect her from his family.

They all knew he had refused her father's offer to join the Death Eaters, how she dualed him. They knew how she was close with the Potter's and even his brother.

Maybe it would be better if she stayed away from him completely?

"Maybe I should let her leave," he whispered, vaguely aware he said that aloud.

"You can't just let her leave," Evan protested.

"It would be safer."

"It would hurt her."

Regulus moved his head back and hit the edge of the bed-frame. It stung but he welcomed the pain.

"She's better off without me."

"That's not your choice to make, Regulus. It's her's." Evan argued. He would not let Regulus leave her with no choice, even if he thought he was protecting her. "If she thinks you're worth it; she'll stay, even if her life is at risk."

Regulus closed his eyes. He hated when Evan had a point. He cared about Kira too much to be the reason she gets hurt but he knew leaving her without a choice or at the very least an explanation, she would not be happy.

_________________________________________

What? I actually updated?! Unbelievable XD

Hope you enjoyed!

- walkingmasterpiece