Chapter 28

"The Rose discovers she is an instrument of war."

"Please tell me that smile on your face is because you made up with Regulus and not because you slit his throat," was the first thing Kira heard when Ava entered the dorm the next morning.

Kira returned to her own dorm early in the morning to find it empty. Rather than going to sleep, she chose to stay awake for the remaining 3 hours before breakfast.

Kira grinned, "We made up."

Ava hopped on her bed and laid on her stomach. She brought her hands to her face and rested her chin on top of them. "Tell me all about it."

Kira laughed, copying Ava's dramatic style. "Well," she began, dragging out the word, "We spoke a bit and I realise that he's not a bad person. He was being pressured and in a vulnerable place."

"Well I see you did more than talk," Ava smirked.

Kira blushed once she remembered she was still wearing Regulus' shirt as well as one of his sweaters on top.

"We didn't do anything," Kira responded to Ava's suggested look.

Ava's arms moved away from her face as she rolled over and fell on her back. "Well that sucks."

"Ava!" Kira gasped but laughed soon after, joining in with Ava's fits of giggles.

"Ava?" Kira asked once the laughing seized.

"Yeah?" Ava responded, turning her head to face Kira.

Kira knew she had to tell Ava everything. Every single thing about her magic and who she was related to. She had no reason to keep any of it from her and now she needed to come clean.

So she did. Kira told her everything. She was so grateful for Ava who was understanding and not at all upset.

Ava believed there is a difference between being honest and not telling. She believed in being honest with your friends and never lying to them, even if that means saying you can't or won't talk about it.

Friends don't have to tell each other everything, but what matters is; what you keep and what you don't.

Kira knocked on Dumbledore's office door and entered once she heard a faint "Come in," from behind the closed door.

A third year Gryffindor stopped her in the halls on her way to the Library and informed her that Dumbledore requested to see her.

She was rather nervous. The last time Dumbledore called her to his office was to ask her about some stolen books, and before that to inform her that her mother was dead.  Now however, she was sure she had not done anything wrong and her fifth year brother was nowhere to be seen. She could only hope that nothing bad had happened.

Dumbledore greeted her with a smile, and gestured towards the seats in front of her.

Kira did not bother looking around the office, she had been there before and did not want to waste any time. "Afternoon, Professor."

"Good Afternoon, Miss Rose," he smiled. He could sense her uneasiness. "Do not fret, you are not in any trouble. However, while the news I have for you is not bad, it is not necessarily good either."

Kira furrowed her eyebrows, what could he possibly have to tell her? All the bad thoughts left and her mind went blank as she tried to think of what news Dumbledore would have.

"I'm sure you are aware of the growing Dark Wizard known as Lord Voldemort?" Dumbledore went straight to the point, his eyes darkening as he spoke about he dark wizard.

Kira nodded. She knew very well about him.

"His army is growing. He is searching for power everywhere." Dumbledore leaned forward in his seat and rested his elbows on the desk. He folded his hands in front of him. "There's been a prophecy."

"A prophecy, sir? About the Dark Lord?"

Dumbledore nodded, "Yes, and someone else."

Kira furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you telling me this, sir?"

"I have reason to believe the prophecy is about you, Miss Rose."

Kira'a mind went blank. A prophecy about her? And the Dark Lord?

"You are a very powerful witch, Miss Rose, one Voldemort would be glad to have on his side. Fortunately," Dumbledore began with a strained smile, "He has not yet made the connection. He has no knowledge of your relation to Dhara Horne, nor your magic."

Kira stared at her hands in her lap. She looked up at her Headmaster, "What happens when he does find out?"

"He'll try to recruit you. There's a group I founded, The Order of The Phoenix. We fight against Voldemort. Now I understand that while you are an incredibly skilled witch, you are not one to fight.

"If you ever wish to join the Order you are more than welcome. When Voldemort discovers who the Prophecy is about you are welcome to come to me and the Order for help."

Kira remained silent as she took in the information. "Thank you, Professor," she said, her eyes still unfocused as she processed the information. She could not be that special, that important, that her magic would aid in the war. She did not want to fight and yet she was dragged into the war by forces she could not control.

Dumbledore's eyes regained their usual twinkle as he dismissed the young Ravenclaw.

He knew he could not force her to fight for the Order but as long as Voldemort did not have her, he believed they would be fine.