Chapter 30

"It is both a blessing
And a curse
To feel everything
So very deeply."

Kira returned from Dinner to her dorm. She was greeted by Ava, who laid face down on her bed.

"Ava, babe, what's wrong?" Kira said as soon as she entered.

Ava rolled over onto her back and sniffled. She pulled herself upright and Kira only then noticed the tears streaming down her face.

"Ava," Kira whispered, rushing forward to pull her into a hug. Ava broke down, crying harder into Kira's shoulder.

Once she had calmed down, she pulled away from Kira.

"I told Aaliyah I am in an arranged married."

Kira took a deep breathe in, she knew where this was going. "Oh, Ava," she smiled, rubbing circles on her back.

"She broke up with me. I knew it was going to happen, it had to, but I love her so much." She sniffed, "I hate them. I hate my parents for putting me in an arranged marriage and I hate Avery."

"I can't leave my parents though. They'll disown me."

One thing Kira loved about Ava was her fierce loyalty. Her parents may have forced her into a marriage she doesn't want but Kira knew that they still loved her and gave her a good childhood. Ava would never leave them, even at the expense of her own happiness.

"How about we have a girls night tonight?" Kira began, continuing once she got Ava's attention, "I'll go get some snacks from the kitchens, we can push the beds together and eat or read or just talk. We can braid each other's hair, you can practice doing make on me if you like?"

Ava nodded, wiping her eyes with her sleeves. "That sounds good."

After Kira had gathered a plethora of goods ranging from chocolate brownies to hot chocolate. When she returned to the dorm, Ava had already pushed the two beds together and found some fluffy blankets to throw over the beds.

"Brownies!" Ava exclaimed once Kira walked through the door.

"Ow," Kira muttered when Ava poked her eye with the make-up brush.

"Sorry," she winced with a sheepish smile.

"Ava."

"Hmm."

"There's been a prophecy made about me." Kira decided it was time to tell Ava about the prophecy.

"Oh, Kira, you know I'll never leave your side. I'm always here to help," she said once Kira finished talking.

"I know. I'm just worried about the prophecy, what if You-Know-Who finds out it's about me? What will I do then?"

"You can go into hiding, I'm sure Dumbledore will help you."

"I know he will but what if he tries to use my family against me, or even you or Evan or Regulus?"

"Kira," Ava said, gripping her by her shoulders, "Let's finish our Seventh Year. When we graduate we can think about all that, but for now, let's just be little naive, oblivious and in love."

Kira smiled and moved forward for a hug but Ava pulled back. "Don't you dare mess up that make-up! It took me forever to do!"

Kira laughed, Ava joining in. "I won't, I won't."

"You better not," Ava pointed at her threateningly before grinning and stuffing her mouth with her third brownie of the night.

"I still don't know how you can eat so much." Kira shook her head.

"Let a woman eat in peace!"

"Okay, okay!" Kira giggled as Ava attacked her with a couple of pillows.

The chirping of birds and sunlight brought Kira out of her mind that morning. Although Ava got plenty sleep last night, Kira was not as fortunate.

She glanced at Ava who was curled in a heap of fluffy blankets and comforters. She returned her gaze to the ceiling.

Despite her nerves about the prophecy being eased by Ava last night, it was not enough for her to get any actual sleep.

She dozed off for a bit, only to be woken by soft rain and plunged into a deep spiral of possible scenarios for the inevitability of Voldemort figuring out the prophecy is about her.

Her main concern was her family. He already knew where Charles was, and Thomas was only in year 5. He could use them against her and she did not want that to happen.

What worried her more was that he may not even threaten hurting them but actually doing it. She knew he was a cruel man and the likelihood of his threats being empty was low.

Dumbledore may be able to protect her but what about the rest of her family? Her friends? Regulus?

She didn't even know what would have after graduation. Would she move in with Regulus? Would they even be together? Merlin, she hoped they would. Would Voldemort use Regulus as a way of getting to her if he knew they were together?

Regulus couldn't go into hiding with her if they lived together, he was a Death Eater. Voldemort would know.

Kira glanced at Ava once more before throwing the covers off of herself and getting up. She walked into their shared bathroom and closed the door.

Walking up to the basin, she pressed her hands to the counter top surround the basin. She looked at herself in the mirror and frowned.

Her hair stuck out in different places, an indication of her tossing and turning the previous night. Her eyes had dark marks underneath them and she swore she looked paler that she did the previous night.

This wouldn't do, she thought. She had a reputation to uphold.

She turned on the tap and let the water run, waiting for it to get to it's coldest. She cupped her hands in the water and brought them upwards, splashing her face with water.

She took a deep breathe and looked in the mirror. 

And now to get ready.

School was, indeed, still a thing.