Chapter 5

Y/N POV

You pull up in Lizzie's driveway and get of your motorcycle in one swift motion. You take off your helmet and shake out your hair.

"Good morning.", Lizzie greets you, as she peeks out of her door.
"Good morning to you too!", you flash her a smile.
"I've got only a couple of scenes to shoot today. I was thinking that we could work out together afterwards."
You quirk an eyebrow. "You think you can keep up with me?"
"Is this a challenge?", she smirks. "You know, I'm in a pretty good shape thanks to all the training I did for Avengers."
"Uh-huh, we'll see.", you say skeptically.
"Hey!", she playfully slaps your arm. "No need to be so big-headed."
"Let's get you to work, so we can see who is in the better shape."

You drop Lizzie off at work and then head to the beach. You sit down on the ground burying your bare feet in the stand, observing your surroundings.
A gentle breeze carries the salty smell of the sea to your nose. You inhale deeply, while the wind continues to play with your hair. You've always loved the ocean. It brings you some sort of peace, you can't really explain it.
Your phone pings and you see that you got a text from Lizzie, telling you she already finished all her scenes for today. You let her know, that you're on your way and get up to drive back to her.

You park the car and lean on it waiting for her. Lizzie comes out of the building along with Florence and Scarlett. The three chat about something and you can't suppress the smile which begins to form, as you see Lizzie occasionally laugh at something one of the other women said. You were afraid that after what happened yesterday, she wouldn't be in a good mood that soon, but her joyful appearance proves you wrong.

"Hey, Y/N!", she waves at you, as she spots you.
"The hero of the day.", Scarlett says and your raise eyebrows in confusion.
"We were just talking about yesterday and how you saved me from that creep.", Lizzie explains.
"Yeah, what an asshole! I'm glad you were there.", Florence adds.
"Oh, yeah but just like I said to Lizzie yesterday, I would be a shitty bodyguard, if I couldn't handle the situation."
"True that.", Scarlett agrees.
"So, you two are going to the gym now?", Florence asks.
You nod. "Yes, that's the plan."
"She thinks, I can't keep up with her. But I'm going to prove her wrong.", Lizzie states.
Florence bursts out laughing.
"You think you can keep up with her?! Lizzie, she was in the Army! She probably had to run miles with heavy backpacks and crazy stuff like that."
Lizzie pouts. "Why are you on her side?", she complains. "You!", she turns helplessly to Scarlett. "Say something. Tell them I'm in a good shape."
"You're in great shape!", Scarlett tries to help. "But I wouldn't underestimate Y/N."
Lizzie huffs. "Wow you're really great friends. Come on Y/N, let's go to the gym now."
You give Scarlett and Florence an apologetic look before you turn around and open the door for Lizzie.

The ride to the gym is silent.
"So, what do you want to start with?", you ask Lizzie after you got to the gym and changed in some sportswear.
"What's your usual workout routine?", she asks back.
"Well, it depends on the day.", you shrug. "But I can think of something. Let's begin with running. 5 miles on the treadmill, how does that sound?"
"Good, I'm sure I can do that.", Lizzie says.

"You know...", Lizzie begins as you both ran your first mile. "I've never understood why people go to the gym to run. I think it's so much nicer to run outside, like in a park or along the beach."
You hum in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. I prefer running outside too, but today it's just practical to get the whole workout done at one place."
She nods.
After the second mile her breathing gets a lot louder. Sweat twinkles on her forehead and drops from her nose.
"You okay?", you ask.
"Hm-mh.", she pants.
You look at your watch. "We've already done more than the half. Only two more miles."
"Great.", she breathes out.

After the running Lizzie is already exhausted, but she doesn't want to show any weakness, so you continued your workout. After doing squats, some exercises for your belly and your arms, Lizzie couldn't even walk straight without her legs trembling. She lays down after your last exercise and exhales a deep breath.
"I'm done. Whatever cruel exercise you still have in mind, forget it. I won't move anymore."
You grin. "And here I thought you could handle my workout."
"Ah shut up and help me to get up again! God, I don't even know how I am supposed to work tomorrow. I won't be able to move a single muscle without any pain.", she complains.
"Don't be such a cry baby. You said you could handle it.", you say and help her up to her feet. She immediately begins to wobble.
"Can you carry me to the car?", Lizzie asks quietly.
You roll your eyes, scoop her up and carry her bridal style to the car. Her left arm hangs loosely around your neck. You've never been that close to her before. Although you were working out, Lizzie doesn't smell like sweat, instead you can smell her sweet perfume.
"So here you go.", you say as you place her in the car and move to the other side to drive her home. What a day.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the short and kind of a filler chapter. I have a lot of things I want to happen in that story, but I still have to figure out how exactly.
I hope you enjoy the story so far. Anyway, stay safe and drink your water :)