Chapter 19

Y/N POV

The next day you wake up with a lot of energy. Memories of yesterday still present in your mind. You can't help but love spending time with Lizzie. She is your personal painkiller. Every problem seems to disappear when you are around her. You feel a twinge of guilt as you begin to think about Casey. It's been only two years since she died. Two years seem to be a long time but it really isn't. Mourning has no timing. There are times when you expect her to walk through that door like she had done it a hundred of times before. How can you allow yourself to fall for someone again when she is still so present?
Promise me to live. Do not let your soul die with me.
Her words swirl around in your head. That is so much easier said than done.

You get up and decide to go for a run. Running always helps you to clear your head. Lizzie won't need you before noon, so you still have a lot of time. You change in some sportswear and grab your Airpods before you walk out of your apartment.
After the first two miles you already feel better. The steadiness of your pace and the rhythm of your breath bring you some sort of comfort. You don't really pay attention to your surroundings. It's just you, your thoughts and the music. After three more miles your burning lungs remind you to go back.

Back at your apartment, you take a well needed shower and put your camouflage trousers from the Army and a white shirt on. Basically, the same you wear every day. But it's comfy and you can fight in it, so why would you wear something else? You take a look at your watch and realize you are already late.
Shit.
You quickly grab your black leather jacket and your helmet and basically run out of your apartment to your motorcycle.
The traffic is horrible of course. Every traffic light turns red as soon as you approach it and you needed ten minutes longer than usual when you finally arrive. You jump off your motorcycle, take off your helmet and run your hand through your hair to look somewhat presentable, when you hear a laugh behind you.

"Hey, there you are! Everything alright?", Lizzie asks and laughs at your stressed look.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. Traffic was terrible.", you apologize.

"No problem. We just wanted to go to get some lunch. Scarlett and Florence are already there. Are you hungry?"

"I'm starving.", you admit and realize that you haven't eaten anything yet.

"Then let's go!", Lizzie says and grabs your hand.

You arrive at the restaurant. Scarlett and Florence are already sitting at a table, chatting and laughing with each other.

"Hey guys!", Lizzie greets them.

"Hii!", Florence says and smiles.

"Hey you made it! We already ordered for you. I hope Pizza is alright with you?", Scarlett asks.

"Absolutely.", you answer.

"Yeah, of course. Thanks!", Lizzie agrees.

They start to talk about work and you listen to them, interested in everything they say. You don't know much about the film industry and you're curious about their job. A few minutes later a waiter comes with your food and you begin to eat in a comfortable silence.

"So, Y/N..", Florence breaks the silence. "How is it to work for Lizzie? Is she a nice boss?"

"Of course I am!", Lizzie chimes in.

You chuckle. "Yes she is. Sometimes I even forget that I'm working. I mean look at me. I sit here with you and eat pizza. It's totally different to the job I had before."

"You're talking about the Army, right?", Florence asks.

You nod, but you don't say more. It's still something you don't like to talk about.

"Well, I'm glad that you're here now and not there anymore. I bet we are way more fun. But anyway, has Lizzie told you that we're going to a club tonight?", Florence changes the topic, sensing that your past in the Army is not easy for you.

"No, she hasn't." you look at Lizzie.

"Shit, I forgot. Sorry. Uhm, the plan is to go to this new club tonight. It opened a few days ago.", she explains.

"So, you need me to work tonight?"

"Yes?", Lizzie asks cautiously.

"Okay.", you sigh.

"Why? Did you have any other plans?", Scarlett asks.

"No, but I don't really go to clubs.", you say quietly.

"You don't?", Lizzie raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"Not really. I don't know. I never liked it. It's just loud and sweaty.", you shrug.

"Well, now you have to come with us! It's so much fun. You just have to go with the right people.", Florence winks.

"Fine."

"I mean you don't really have a choice. You have to protect me.", Lizzie looks at you and gives you an encouraging smile.

"Right, clubs can be dangerous places. Of course, I protect you, I'll always do."

"I hope you protect us as well and guide us safely through this paparazzi crowd.", Scarlett says and points behind you.

You turn your head and see a bunch of people with cameras in their hands trying to get some good pictures of your friends.

"I fought against Taliban, I think I can handle a few paparazzi.", you wink at her.

Everyone pays and you stand up and walk towards the exit. Cameras click and flashes blind your eyes as you walk in front of the other women, shielding them with your body.

God, I really hate paparazzi.

You get them back to set safely and they go back to work immediately. You decide to stay in Lizzie's trailer and get some sleep. The running this morning made you tired and you still have a few hours left before you are all going to the club. You close your eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

---
Someone softly shakes your shoulder.
"Y/N?", Lizzie whispers.

You slowly open your eyes and yawn.

"Yeah, I'm awake. Are you done with work?", you ask rubbing your eyes.

Lizzie chuckles softly. "Yes, we are. I'm sorry, I had to wake you."

"It's fine. I mean technically I'm working, so I'm not really supposed to sleep.", you reply.

"Right. So, we want to take an uber. Do you want to come with us or do you take your motorcycle?"

"I take the motorcycle. Just give me the address and I'll be there."

"I already sent you the location. See you in a minute!", Lizzie smiles and leaves the trailer.

---
After a short drive, you arrive at the club. It doesn't seem very special from outside. Its name is written above the entrance in big red neon letters. Faint noises of the music get louder every time the door opens. You see Scarlett, Lizzie and Florence at the end of the queue and walk towards them.
It only takes five minutes for you to wait, before you finally can go in. You follow the others and look around. It is exactly what you expected. Men and women dance together, grinding on each other. Their bodies drained of sweat. Loudspeakers blast music in your ears. The ground is almost shaking because of the intense bass.
Yeah, I don't like it.
Lizzie laughs as she sees the disgust written all over your face.

"Come on, Y/N!" she takes your hand and drags you with her.

You go to a room that is separated from the other ones and a bit more private. Couches and armchairs are distributed in the room, but in the middle is still enough room to dance.

"What do you want to drink?", Scarlett asks as you all sit down.

"I'll take a sex on the beach.", Lizzie answers.

"And for me a Tequila sunrise. Thank you, Scarlett.", Florence smiles sweetly.

"What about you, Y/N?"

"Oh, I don't drink. I work, remember? Plus, I have to drive home later."

"Alright.", Scarlett says and goes to get the drinks.

A few minutes later she comes back and hands everyone their drink. You all talk about random topics and you actually begin to enjoy being here with them. After Lizzie and Florence finished their drink, they stand up and begin to dance on the dance floor. You watch them swirling around and just having their fun. Lizzie giggles at something Florence must have said and you begin to smile.

"You really like her, huh?", Scarlett asks and leans closer to you to make sure you understand her despite the loud music.

"What?", you ask confused. "I mean yeah. She's cool. I'm glad we're friends."

"Just friends?"

You clear your throat. "Yeah, what else should we be?"

Before Scarlett can answer, Flo comes and drags her to the dance floor. Lizzie waves to you.

"Dance with us.", she mouths.

You shake your head. "I rather stay here and keep an eye on you.", you shout.

She just rolls her eyes and goes back to dancing with Flo and Scarlett.

Two hours and many drinks later you can tell that Florence and Lizzie are pretty drunk. Scarlett seems to be the only one who's still able to think straight. You watch them amused by their clumsiness. It's more stumbling than dancing but it's the most adorable thing you've seen. As Scarlett disappears with Flo in the bathroom, Lizzie continues to dance mindlessly.
A few minutes later they come back and Florence doesn't look really happy.

"She drank way too much.", Scarlett explains. "I think it's better if I take her home. You take care of Lizzie?"

"Yeah, sure. Get home safe and text me when you're there!", you answer.

"Will do. See you tomorrow.", Scarlett says goodbye and helps Florence.

"Byyye Y/N!", Flo shouts.

You just laugh and wave.

"Hey where did they go?", Lizzie asks confused as she comes over to you.

"Flo doesn't feel well and Scarlett takes her home.", you explain.

Lizzie nods.

"Dance with me!", she slurs.

"I told you, I don't dance.", you laugh.

"Come on!", she grabs your hand and pulls you up from the couch.

Lizzie drags you to the dance floor and positions your arms around her neck. She grabs your hips and pulls you closer.

"See, it's a slow song. We can just stay like this.", she whispers.

Although you don't move much, Lizzie manages to stumble and falls straight into you.

"Okay, I think we'll get you home too.", you laugh as you catch her.

She nods. "Okay, yeah maybe that's a good idea."

You lay your hand on her back and push her gently through the dancing crowd. You get outside without any troubles and you feel like you're finally able to breathe again. The air inside was terrible. It smelled like cheap perfume, sweat and alcohol. Oxygen was clearly missing.

"Uhm, I'm here with my motorcycle. Do you think you can drive it with me or are you too drunk? I don't want you to fall off."

"I can do it.", Lizzie answers confidently.

"Sure?"

She nods and you give her your helmet. You hop on your motorcycle and she gets on it behind you. Her arms snake around your waist and hold you tightly. Her head rests on your back. You start the motorcycle and drive off. Making sure she stays awake, you talk to her and tell her the most random things, you can come up with. Fifteen minutes later you arrive in front of her house. You get off your motorcycle and want to help her, but she tries to do it herself and ends up stumbling into you. You catch her and hold her arms to steady her.

"Are you falling for me or why do you keep stumbling into me?", you ask her and chuckle.

Her galaxy eyes look up to you and you get lost in her gaze. Only now you realize how close you are. Your faces merely inches apart.

"Maybe I am.", she whispers.

Lizzie tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear. The tips of her fingers stroking along the side of your face as she cups your cheek. Her lips brush softly against yours. The scent of mixed berries and alcohol engulfs you as you feel her breath against your skin. She caresses your cheek, her eyes flickering from your lips to your eyes. It takes you a second to react as her lips finally find yours. You grab her hips pulling her closer as your lips dance together. She licks your bottom lip and your open your mouth slightly, her tongue invades your mouth immediately, exploring every inch of it. Lizzie pulls away slowly biting down on your bottom lip, pulling it with her as your faces separate. You breathe heavily, still not fully understanding what's happening.
She rests her forehead against yours.

"Come with me.", she whispers and takes your hand, dragging you the front door. She pushes you against the wall and crashes her lips against yours. You pull away.

"Lizzie.", you try to get her attention, as she kisses down your jaw and moves slowly to your neck.

"Lizzie, you're drunk."

"I don't care.", she replies and looks you in the eyes, hers darkened with lust. "I want you. You are all I can think about."

"That's really sweet, but I wish you were sober."

"Y/N... I'm fine. I want this.", she assures you.

"Drunk consent is no consent. I don't want you to do something you regret later."
I want you to be completely you when I kiss you.

"Okay fine, you don't want me. I get it.", she says and steps back. You can tell she's upset.

"It's not that, I –"

"Just forget it. Good night, Y/N. Thanks for bringing me home." And with that she opens the door and closes it behind her, leaving you puzzled in front of her house.

Hey guys! Sorry it took longer than I thought. I have kind of a writing blockade. But anyway, but how do we feel? You finally kissed.. that's something good, right? Also, thanks for all the comments and votes, I really appreciate it!
I hope you are alright and you had a lovely Christmas.
Take care of yourselves!
See you in the next chapter👋🏻