Chapter 17

Y/N POV

A few weeks have passed since the incident at set and Lizzie and you have spent even more time together. You've made sure that as long as you've been on duty, you've always been around to make sure she's safe.
Today is one of LA's colder days. Many different forms of clouds adorn the sky and a cool breeze blows through the trees making the leaves rustle softly. As the wind ruffles through your hair, you are taken back by a memory that happened last week.

"Gosh, this stupid wind blows all my hair in my face!", Lizzie complains. "How am I supposed to read the script?"

You laugh. "Then why did you want to practice at the beach? It's always windy here."

She rolls her eyes playfully. "I know but studying and practicing the lines at the beach is such a vibe. Plus, I know you love the beach."

"So, we are here because of me? It's my fault that you can't read?"

"Yep."

You grin. "Whatever you say, Olsen."

As the winds messes again with her hair, you take the opportunity to tuck a strand of it behind her ear to help her to see something again. She looks up from her script and smiles at you.

"Thanks.", she says sweetly.

You try to suppress the smile that begins to form on your lips to avoid grinning like an idiot in public but fail miserably. You are currently waiting for Kara. Since you haven't seen each other for weeks you both decided that it is finally time to spend some time together again.

"Y/N, there you are!", you hear a voice from behind you and turn around.

"Kara, it's so good to see you!", you pull her in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry that I didn't call or text you a few weeks ago.", Kara apologizes referring to Casey's date of death.

"It's okay. You are here now. I haven't answered any messages or phone calls on that day anyway, so it's all good. Although Lizzie was there.", you mention.

"She was?", Kara's eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

You nod. "Yeah, it caught me completely off guard. I had a complete mental breakdown, cried and drank the whole day and suddenly she stands in front of my door with soup, because I told her I was sick."

"Aww but that is kinda cute.", Kara smiles and squeezes your hand. "I'm sorry that you felt that way."

"Like I said, it's okay. I'm much better now. But honestly, at first I was afraid I scared her off. She took me to the beach the next day and we just spend time with each other. It was really nice. She didn't push me to tell her or anything and that was when I knew that I can be open with her."

"Sounds like she's good for you.", Kara winks.

You blush. "She is. I mean we spend so much time together due to work, but I never get tired of her company. It's crazy how quickly she became one of my closest friends."

"Friends, uh-huh."

You slap her arm playfully. "Oh, shut up, but enough about me, how's it going with you and Lena?"

"Well, first of, we are great. But I still want to hear about the story, when you saved the Marvel cast from that crazy shooter."

"There's nothing special about it. This man took the cast and crew hostage and talked some weird shit like that they are responsible for his wife's death, because she jumped off a bridge thinking they'd save her. And I forced him to drop his gun by threatening to shoot him and then tried to comfort Lizzie and Flo afterwards as good as I could.", you tell her.

"You are hero.", Kara says and wiggles her brows making you laugh.

"Stop making it about me and tell me more about you!"

"Well, but I'm sure that you are her hero."

"Kara!"

"Okay okay, sorry.", she laughs. "So, Lena and I are really happy. We understand each other in a way I can't really explain. But I just feel her wherever she is. It's like she took a piece of my heart and carries it with her."

"Isn't it scary?"

"It is. It's terrifying sometimes but it is also beautiful to have someone on whom you can rely on. Someone who loves you no matter what. It's something that's worth fighting for."

You smile softly and look her in the eyes. "I'm so happy for you, Kara. You deserve this."

"You deserve this too. You deserve to be happy and loved, okay?"

"Okay."

You carry on your walk alongside the promenade in a comfortable silence. Kara's words still swirl inside your head.

"But what if I'm not loveable anymore?", you ask quietly.

She hits the back of your head.

"Ouch, what was that for?", you rub your head.

"That was for the stupidest question, you ever asked!"

She cups your face for a moment and forces you to look at her.

"Of course, you are loveable. You are kind and caring, you are beautiful and not that dumb."

"Hey, I'd say I'm pretty intelligent!"

"See! You know your worth. Now stop drowning in self-pity."

You shake your head and laugh.

"I love you, you know.", you tell her.

"I love you too, dumbass."

Hey guys! I'm sorry but I don't know how often I can post in the next weeks. I don't like to force myself to write because I know that it wouldn't come out well and I really want to take my time and write as best as I can.  I'm super busy with studying for my exams, but I promise to post more regularly as soon as they are over☺️
How was your weekend? Mine was okay. Someone stole my bike yesterday, so that was fun🙂
Anyway, drink some water and take care of yourselves.
See you in the next chapter👋🏻