Chapter 8

Y/N POV

As your alarm rings, you groan and hide your head under your pillow. With a sigh you give in eventually and get up. You decided to get up earlier than usual, because you want to go running before work.
The morning air is fresh and shakes off the last bit of tiredness. Your feet take you to the beach. Seagulls fly in circles above you and the first rays of sunshine find their way to envelope the scene in front of you in a golden light. Trying to forget the events of yesterday, you begin to run faster. Your AirPods blast music in your ears motivating you to keep on. As your lungs begin to burn and your legs start to protest, you decide to go back home.

After showering you hop on your motorcycle and drive off. On your way to Lizzie, you see a bagel and a flower shop next to each other. Your grumbling stomach reminds you that you haven't eaten yet and you stop.
You step in the bagel shop and take look at their offer, before ordering two bagels – one for you and one for Lizzie.
"Y/N?", someone asks from behind and you turn around.
"Jamie!", a smile lights up your face. "We haven't seen each other for ages."
"Yeah, I didn't know you were back. I would have given you a call."
You nod. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I've been back for a bit over a week now. But I started a new job and that kept me pretty busy these last days."
"It's okay. I get that.", He offers a smile. "It's really good to see you again though."
"It really is.", you agree. "Hey, I'm sort of in a rush and have to go to work, but let's hang out these days, okay?"
"I would love that! See you, Y/N!", Jamie says and hugs you goodbye.
"See ya!"
You leave the bakery and head to the flower shop. As you open up the door you're immediately greeted with the smell of roses and other flowers. You decide to buy a bouquet of daffodils and tulips, since they are your favorites. And with that you finally drive to Lizzie.

"Hey.", you greet her, as she opens the door.
"Good morning.", she gives you a smile.
"I've got something for you. So, I hope you haven't had breakfast yet, 'cause I brought you a Bagel. And these – " You pull the flowers out from behind your back. "Are also for you. It's a sorry-for-knocking-your-security-guards-out- gift."
Lizzie laughs. "You're dork. And you didn't have to do that. I told you it's alright."
"I wanted to. Please take it." You smile and hand her the bouquet and the bagel.
"We still have a little bit time. Do you want to come inside and eat with me?", she gives you puppy eyes.
You laugh. "Of course."
It's crazy. You thought you would still feel guilty because of yesterday and be embarrassed to be around her, but it's the complete opposite. She pulls you down to earth and all your worries seem to disappear when you're around her. You almost feel ... safe. Something you haven't felt in a while.
"Y/N, are you coming?", Lizzie calls you and you realize you stopped in her hallway.
"Yeah, I'm on my way."
You follow her outside in her garden. There is a cute a little table along with two chairs and Lizzie has already set everything. You begin to eat in a comfortable silence.
"So, today..", Lizzie starts between two bites. "I start a bit later than usual, but that probably means I also have to stay longer. I'm going to be the whole day on set and only need you to drive me back."
"Did you fire Alfred?", you ask bluntly.
"Oh uh well no. But I thought you are supposed to protect me everywhere I go, so you might as well drive me.", she answers shyly.
You smirk. "And how am I supposed to protect you when I'm driving?"
Lizzie rolls her eyes. "Jeez, if you don't want to, just say so. Alfred is old and his eyesight gets worse, so he won't be able to drive me much longer. And don't they teach you how to drive and protect other people in the Army? I mean what did you do in Afghanistan? Say: please don't shoot, I'm driving?"
You let out a dry chuckle, taken back by her words. You know she was just joking but the mention of Afghanistan let all your joy disappear.
"I mean, that's what you were doing, weren't you? You fought in a war. Fighting the bad guys and saving the good ones, right?", she pushes.
Not all of them.
"We should go." You stand up. "I don't want you to be late."
"Y/N, please wait. Did I say something wrong?"
"It's fine. Let's just go."
"Y/N, I understand that talking about Afghanistan is hard for you, especially after what happened yesterday and I –"
"No, you don't understand it!", you say harshly. "You have no idea what you're talking or joking about."
"Y/N, I'm sorry. But maybe it'll help to talk about it.", Lizzie tries again.
"Talk about it? Who should I talk to? To you?", you practically spit the last part out. "I don't even talk to my friends about it, so why should I talk to you?!"
She doesn't say anything and you see that you hurt her with your words.
"I'm sorry.", you sigh and run your hand through your hair. "I just really hate talking about it."
Her gaze softens as she looks you in the eyes.
"It's okay.", she replies. "You'll open up when you're ready. And that doesn't have to be to me. I just hope that you learn to live with it. I care about you, Y/N and I hated to see you this upset yesterday. I'm sorry for pushing." She pauses. "But I think, we should really head to work now. Oh, and I made sure that I'll be informed if there are any explosions or shootings in future scenes, so I can warn you about them. Today's a day without any fighting scenes, so you can stay in my trailer or do whatever you want with your free time."
"That's really thoughtful of you, thank you.", you say quietly.
She just nods and walks inside.

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday, but I can't keep on posting daily. My semester starts today and I just know that the next months are going to be super stressful.
But anyway, THANK YOU for over 1000 reads! This is amazing!
So, what do you think of this chapter? And is there anything you would like to happen in future chapters?
I hope you have a good day! Drink your water and take care of yourselves!