Chapter 34

Y/N POV

Today is the day. You finally get out of this stupid hospital. Not that you have anything against the staff. Everybody has been lovely and they've done a pretty good job by saving your life but you prefer to sleep in your own bed, shower in your own bathroom and eat the food you like.

It's been a good week since you got shot and you are already feeling a lot better. Many people like Scarlett, Florence and Hailee visited you. Kara and Lena are still in town and came to see you every day for at least a few hours. And while Lena has to go home to run her business, Kara plans on staying a while longer. She's able to work wherever she is. All she needs is her laptop to write. She wants to make sure you're alright and get well soon. Although you don't need her to do that, you still appreciate the help. Lizzie needs to get back to work and you don't want to bother her with being a helpless baby. Plus, it kind of ruins the "hot phase" if someone needs help with literally anything. Though you can do almost everything on your own. It just takes you a lot longer than usual.

You woke up at 6 am and couldn't go back to sleep since then. It's an hour later now and you're waiting desperately for the doctors to come and give you a last checkup.
A knock on the door makes you sit up quickly.

"Come in!", you shout.

"Ah, good morning, Ms. Y/l/n. I see you're already awake. Excited to go home?"

A young woman, probably in her mid-twenties, stepped in. She's wearing dark blue scrubs and a doctor's white coat over it. Her light blonde hair is pulled up in a high ponytail. Her piercing blue eyes sparkle amused.

"Super excited.", you answer her.

"I can imagine.", she says and walks up to you. "I believe we haven't met yet. I'm doctor Bishop by the way."

You shake her hand. "I would introduce myself but I think you already know who I am."

"Maybe even better than you think. I've read your medical file... you've been through a lot.", she remarks.

"Just like every other soldier.", you reply.

She hums. "So let's take a look at the wound, shall we?"

You nod and take your shirt off while she puts on some gloves. Carefully, she removes the bandage which is wrapped around your torso and takes a look at your wound, touching the sensitive area with caution.

"Looks like you're healing perfectly.", she gives you a reassuring smile. "Do you have any problems with breathing or do you feel excessive pain anywhere?"

"I was struggling with breathing the first two days after the surgery but it is a lot better now."

"That's good to hear. And sitting up is working as well?"

"Sometimes I need a bit help but most of the time I get it done by myself.", you say feeling a bit proud of the progress you've already made.

"Great! That's what I like to hear. Then you're allowed to go home. I'll give you some meds for the pain. You can take up to three pills a day. If you don't need them that's even better. Oh and the stitches dissolve, so we don't have to get them out.", she explains to you.

"Okay, sounds good to me."

Doctor Bishop disinfects the wound and puts a new bandage on before giving you everything you'll need in the next few days.

"Come back in two weeks, so that we can have a look if everything heals nicely. But until then, I wish you a great time.", she says to you.

"Thank you, you too!", you smile at her and watch her leave.