Chapter 7

Y/N POV
You spent the rest of the weekend lazily in your apartment like you planned it from the start. It was a good alternation to your always busy days, but as your alarm rang on Monday morning you were glad that the laziness was over. Although you normally hate Monday mornings, you were kind of looking forward to it. Because it meant you can see Lizzie again. Well, at least you thought you would, but Lizzie's supposed to stand in front of the camera and shoot a couple of scenes the whole day, so there's nothing much to do for you. You're currently in her trailer. As you lay down on her couch, you slowly start to drift off to sleep. Images of the beach and Lizzie filling your dream. None of them are clear enough to catch them or to even remember them, but despite the blurriness they are putting you at ease.

A sudden loud bang wakes you and pulls you out of your peaceful dreams. You jolt up in shock, pull your gun out of the holster and jump under the table. Your heart is racing. It pounds in your ear and you begin to feel dizzy as panic infiltrates all of your senses.

Flashback: Afghanistan two and half years ago
You are woken up by a loud bang and sit up. Your ears ring and you can't really understand what's happening around you. Men and women are shouting and running back and forth, yelling orders or asking for help. Screams of pain tear the night apart and hit you to the core. You frantically look around, not knowing what to do.
"Hey, hey!", a familiar face appears in front of you.
"There was an explosion. They blew up our infirmary. There could be more bombs, but we don't know yet.", She explains and looks at you attentively.
You just nod.
"Come on, get up! We have to help the others.", she tries to pull you up.
"I can't.", you whisper. "Casey, I'm scared.", You look to the ground in shame.
"Hey, Y/N.", She cups your face and forces you gently to look at her. "It's okay. I'm scared too. That's nothing you need to be ashamed of. But there are many people who are injured and who are just as scared as we are. We need to help them, okay?"
"Okay.", you say quietly.

You hit your head a few times, trying to get those pictures out of your head. You take a shaky breath and crawl out of your hide. A million possible scenarios running through your mind. Was there a bomb at the set? Why would someone blow it up? Is Lizzie hurt? Are people dead? Is the attacker still there?
Letting your survival skills take over, you make your way out of the trailer. As fast as possible but as quiet as necessary you run to the front door. With sweaty palms you tighten the grip around your gun. Your nose picks up the smell of something burning.
You open up the door and go inside. To your confusion there are a lot of people. But none of them is screaming or running around in panic. They are minding their business and making sure that everything works out the way it's supposed to do.
"Ma'am?", someone asks you. "Are you alright?"
You don't answer. Your eyes jump from one thing to the next, trying to understand the situation, you witness. There was a bomb. You heard the explosion, so why is everyone so relaxed?
"What is going on here?", you ask no one in specific.
"Ma'am, I need you to put the gun down. Can you do that for me?"
You still don't answer. You are totally lost in your own thoughts.
"I need security at entry 1", the man speaks to his walkie-talkie. "Here is a person that looks like she's about to run amok."

Lizzie POV

Scarlett, Florence and I are just shooting a scene, when we hear loud shouting in the back.
"What's going on there?", Flo asks.
"I have no idea. Maybe we should take a look.", Scarlett suggests.
I agree and we begin to walk to the source of the shouting. The closer we come, the louder it gets. Finally, I can understand what's being said.
"Ma'am.", someone says. "Put the gun down. There's no need to harm more people."
"I didn't harm anybody.", someone else replies. "You attacked me first, I simply defended myself."
Wait, that someone sounds pretty familiar. We walk around the corner and the scene unfolds itself under my eyes.
Y/N is standing a few meters away from the entry. Five security men lay groaning on the ground around her. She holds a gun in her right hand and seems to aim at everyone who comes to close.
"Uhm, Lizzie.", Scarlett says quietly. "Isn't that Y/N?"
"Yeah, yeah it is. But I have no idea what she's doing here.", I whisper back.
"She's gone crazy or what?", Flo asks.
"Florence!", I scold her.
"What? She just beat up our security. I think my question is justified."
"I don't know why she did that, but I'm going to find it out."
"What are you going to do?", Scarlett wants to know.
"I talk to her.", I simply reply.
"What? Are you crazy? Lizzie!"
But I ignore Florence and walk slowly towards Y/N. I can't quiet put the finger on it, but she just doesn't seem like herself. She looks incredibly scared.
"Y/n!", I call her.
As she sees me, she immediately puts her gun down.
"Lizzie." She looks relieved.
"Y/N, what are you doing?"
I make my way past the other people, although some want to stop and prevent me from getting hurt.
"I heard the explosion. The bomb – where did it explode?"
"Bomb? What bomb?", I ask her confused.
"The – the bomb. I thought it blew up the set. I thought you are hurt. Where, where was it?"
Her eyes dart frantically around and I realize that her breathing is unsteady.
"Y/N? Can you put that gun back in your holster?", I ask instead of giving her any answers.
She nods and does it immediately.
"I just don't get it. I heard the explosion, I – "
"Hey, hey.", I cut her off and put my hands on her shoulders. "Y/N, you are safe. Here is no bomb."
She still searches the room for any dangers. I cup her face and caress her cheeks gently.
"Y/N, just look at me. Breathe, okay. In and out. Can you do that for me?"
She follows my breathing and begins to relax. She blinks a few times as she calms down and looks around. Everyone's staring at her. The men of the security got up again and look at her with wariness.
"I'm so sorry.", she apologizes as she begins to understand what she did. "I don't know what happened. I heard the bomb and my body activated my survival mode."
"But, there was no bomb, you –", I cut myself off as a realization hits me. "Oh my god. I know what happened."
"What?"
"We filmed a stunt. There's a scene in the movie where Florence aka Yelena jumps off an exploding helicopter. That must be the explosion you heard."
"Ohh.", she says quietly. "Oh god, I feel so stupid right now. I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me."
"Shh, it's okay. You misunderstood the situation and came to save me. I don't think that's stupid. It was pretty brave, if you ask me."
Y/N gives me a crooked a smile.
"Thank you.", she whispers.
"If you want, you can go back to my trailer. Get some rest. I'll manage this little situation here and come to you, when I'm done with work, okay?"
She nods and takes a step back. My hands fall off her face and I watch as she leaves the building.
I talk to the security and apologize for this whole situation. Luckily everybody was understanding and nobody was truly mad at her, although it was clear that something like that better not happen again.
As I walk back to Scarlett and Florence, they immediately start to bombarde me with questions.
"So, what happened?", Florence asks curiously.
"You remember the stunt, we filmed?"
"The exploding helicopter? Hell yeah, it was so cool to watch it explode."
"Well, yeah it was not so cool for Y/N. She thought someone blew up the building with a bomb. I think it reminded her of Afghanistan and that's why she reacted that way. She totally panicked.", I explain.
Scarlett nods in agreement. "That's possible. She didn't seem to be herself. It looked like she was in a kind of panic mode."
"Poor girl. I just hope she doesn't feel too guilty about this situation. I mean she knocked out five security guards. I have to admit, that is pretty impressive.", Florence says.
Her facial expression suddenly changes and she smirks.
"What?", I ask.
"You two seemed pretty comfortable around each other. I mean you cupped her face and caressed her cheeks. Are you two friends? Or even more?", Florence teases.
My cheeks get hot and red.
"Uhm, I don't know what you're talking about."
"Then why are you blushing like that?", Scarlett smirks.
I sigh. "I simply don't know, okay? I mean, I think we are friends. But we only know each other for a week and I like her. She's super kind and caring. But I don't even know if I like women ... like that. You know?"
"But you admit, she looks hot in that uniform? I mean, come on look at her!", Florence says.
"Oh, uh I've never paid any attention to it.", I lie.
They both give me a look.
"Okay, yes she looks really hot in her uniform.", I admit. "Now, let's get back to work!"

Two hours later we are finally done. I change in my normal clothes and walk back to my trailer. Y/N is already ready to go and walks with me to my car.
"I'm really sorry for what happened.", she apologizes for the hundredth time.
"It's fine. I talked to the security guards. Nobody's mad at you."
She just nods and opens the door for me.
The drive home is silent. Y/N is deep in thoughts and doesn't even look at me.

"Please don't think too much about today, okay?", I ask her as I open the front door to my house and she walks to her motorcycle.
"Yeah, don't worry.", she flashes me a smile.
I look after she drives away and can't help but wonder of what the bang today reminded her. She looked so scared. All I wanted to do was to hold her in my arms and stroke her hair, while telling her that everything will be okay. It's crazy. I know her for such a short amount of time, but I already care so much for her.
I sigh and get inside my house. Hopefully she feels better tomorrow.

Hey guys!
A longer chapter for you today. I hope you like it. Thanks for the comments and votes. I really appreciate it!