Chapter 9

Y/N POV

You decide to stay in Lizzie's trailer to wait for her instead of going somewhere else. You lay on her couch and stare up to ceiling, thinking about something to make it up to her for earlier.
Ugh, I messed up. Again. I have to apologize. Again. Maybe I'm doing more bad than good to her.
Your phones buzzes and pulls you out of your thoughts.

Jamie
Hey, what's up?
You
Nothing much. I'm waiting for Lizzie in her trailer. What about you?
Jamie
Just chilling. Who's Lizzie?
You
Oh, I totally forgot to tell you. She's an actress and I'm working
for her as her bodyguard. We should meet, so we can catch up.
Jamie
Sounds good! When do you have time?
You
I don't know yet. I'll text you when I know my
work schedule for this week. Is that okay for you?
Jamie
Sure thing!

You put your phone back in your pocket and go back to your prior occupation: Staring at the ceiling. The sound of someone using the door handle causes you to sit up.
"Hey.", Lizzie peaks her head through the crack of the door.
"Hi." You greet her with a smile.
"I have a short break.", she begins.
"Oh, do you want to rest in your trailer?", you immediately stand up. "I come back later, if you want."
She chuckles. "No, I actually wanted to ask you if you want to spend the break with me. We could go and get some coffee."
"Oh, yeah sure! I wouldn't want anything happen to you while grabbing some coffee.", you grin.
"Well, then let's go, shall we?"

You walk next to each other in a small park, now and then taking a sip of your coffee and making some light conversation. Lizzie's hand occasionally brushes yours.
"You know..", you start and keep on walking. "I stared the whole day at the ceiling of your trailer thinking about how I can make it up for you for earlier."
"Oh, Y/N you don't have to. It's fine. I overstepped."
"I thought about buying a gift. Flowers again or some chocolate or something new for your garden.", you continue as if she didn't say anything. "But I came to the conclusion, that I won't buy you anything."
"And why's that?", Lizzie asks confused.
"I think that if you buy someone a gift as an apology, it just buries the problem. The joy of getting something covers up the sadness of being hurt. So instead of buying you a gift, I want to put more effort in our friendship and try to be more ... open and understanding.", you explain.
"So, we are friends?", Lizzie turns to face you and smiles.
Oh shit. Where did that come from? I never wanted to be friends with my boss. But Lizzie makes that nearly impossible.
You take a deep breath. "Yeah, we are friends."
"Okay, well we should go back now, my friend." She smirks and stresses the word friend. "My break is almost over."
You roll your eyes and suppress a smile. Lizzie saying that you're friends fills your heart with a warmth and you hurry to follow her back to set.

Hey guys! Short chapter today. I hope you had a good day.
Don't forget to drink your water and take care of yourselves!