Chapter 15

Lizzie POV

I watch as Y/N leaves to talk with the police officers and find myself staring at her.

"Earth to Lizzie.", Scarlett snaps with her fingers and pulls me out of my gaze.

"Huh what?", I ask.

"What's up with the staring?"

"Does someone have a little crush?", Florence teases.

My cheeks flush red.

"No, I don't!", I defend myself.

"Uh-huh, sure.", Scarlett smirks.

I clear my throat. "I don't have crush. We are friends. Nothing more than that."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night.", Flo winks.

"Guys stop. Why do you even think that?"

"Well, first of all the only thing you are talking about is her. Second, you took a day off just because she had a bad day and then worked the whole night to catch up what you missed."

"She didn't just have a bad day.", I cut her off. "I mean you got to know her a little bit. She's always in a good mood and she's just tough in general with all that Army stuff. So, when she is not feeling well, itˋs not just something small."

"Here we go again.", Florence states.

"What do you mean?"

"You are pretty protective over her. And then that one time she knocked out all the security guards and you were the only one who could calm her down. And then today: she came to protect you.", Scarlett lists off.

"Yeah, well technically it's her job to protect me.", I say.

"Is it also her job to hug you and cup your cheeks?", Florence asks sarcastically.

"Well, no. But it's also something a friend can do.", I reply.

"So, you are saying that you don't like her?", Scarlett wants to know.

"I- what uh, I don't know. God, you guys are so confusing.", I complain.

Scarlett chuckles. "Hey Lizzie, it's okay. You don't need to figure it out right now. Just wait and see what the time will bring to you. From what I see you are two amazing and tough women who are both single and who get along pretty well. So all I want to say it: Be open for it."

"I think you guys are seeing things.", I scoff but turn around to look at her, while Scarlett and Flo begin to talk about the hostage taker.

Y/N is still talking to one of the police officers. They are going over the notes, the officer made and she occasionally points something out, which the officer then corrects. Suddenly she lifts her head and looks me straight in the eyes. Oops- she caught me staring. A smile forms on her lips and she winks before she looks down again to discuss her statement with the officer. I feel myself blushing at the simple gesture. Maybe Scarlett and Flo weren't wrong. Maybe I do like her.

Hey guys, a short chapter for today but at least it's something. Soo, now we have a little insight in Lizzie's thoughts. Let me know what you think or what you like to read next! And thank you for all the comments! I love to read them, itˋs super motivating☺️
Anyway, have a good day and see you in the next chapter👋🏻