43. You're More Important

A/N: Thank you, fhitrirahayuhakun for suggesting this! I had loved your concept, and I completely agree! So here is it! Though I know I'm really late. Anyways, enjoy, everyone!

60. "No, it's fine. I can wait until you're done with them."

Kyo is exhausted. Mentally and physically both. Mentally, because he has been dealing with his crazy family since yesterday. Physically, because he had swimming races with Yuki and Haru the whole afternoon.

Whose idea was it to join the Sohma Beach house this summer?

Right, Tohru's, his girlfriend whom he loves like crazy, who he hasn't been able to talk to since yesterday.

She's extremely busy, catching up with all the Sohmas. Sometimes playing with Momiji, Kisa, and Hiro, having a deep conversation (?) with Rin, watching Ayame and Shigure do weird shit, making coffee for Hatori, and gossiping with Yuki. The most infuriating was her sleeping with Kisa, or whatever their slumber or pajama party it was. While Haru is keeping Kyo occupied with all the games he wants Kyo to play with him and sparring—which Kyo is grateful for, no matter how much Haru sometimes gets on his nerves—and then there's Kagura...

But Kyo really wants to talk to Tohru for a minute. She wasn't feeling very well before they were getting out of the house and slept all the way through the train ride. He told her that they could postpone the trip with the Sohmas and just stay over at Kazuma's until she felt better, but she was adamant not to disappoint anyone. She stubbornly told him that she would rest once they were here. Well, they have been here for thirty-seven hours now, and she hasn't done that for a moment yet.

It's evening already.

Tohru is in the kitchen, preparing some snacks to go along with the marshmallows they are about to roast in the bonfire—overworking herself. Classic Tohru.

Kyo thinks it's a good chance to talk to her, but Kisa brushes past him and joins Tohru to help.

Kyo just barely holds back a groan. Why now of all times?

While he knows Tohru won't like it if he asks how's her health in front of Kisa, she has left him no option. He can't bear to watch her overwork herself when she is here for a goddamn vacation, and he is not going to give a damn about the fact that she hates worrying others. Well, her boyfriend is worried sick right now!

The first time they come back to Tokyo after moving away, these idiots make her work her to the bones. Why don't they fucking just have some maids in here?

Kyo is about to step into the kitchen but jerks forward with a crushing force as someone jumps on him from behind.

"Geez, Kagura, stop doing that!" Kyo hisses but manages not to fall on his face.

"Kyo-kun, let's go! The bonfire has already started! Let's secure our places!" Kagura exclaims.

Tohru and Kisa look back at them due to the noise.

Kyo meets Tohru's eyes who are confused look by what's happening, but he sees the displeasure in them. He immediately tries to get Kagura off his back. She really has to stop doing these sorts of things in front of Tohru.

"I don't wanna sit anywhere you, Kagura!"

"Aww, don't be mean, Kyo-kun. I haven't seen you for such a long time!" Kagura says in a honey-coated tone.

"You just saw me during our departure!"

"That was three months ago." Kagura pouts.

"I don't care!" Kyo yells. He tries very, very hard to keep his temper in check and he has made incredible progress in a year, but... some of his cousins are just impossible!