63. Awakening The Demon

A/N: Thank you aagn360 for suggesting this! Now I know it may not be exactly what you asked for, but I had a lot of fun writing this! Anyways, guys, this is a follow-up to the last chapter. Basically the third part of chapter 61 but with a different prompt. Hope y'all enjoy it!

80. "Come back here, you! Don't you dare run again!"

Kyo takes a deep breath as his hands rest on the doorknob of Kazuma's house.

"Dad, open the door already," Hajime whines from behind.

Mutsuki giggles and whispers, "He is scared of Aunt Tohru," to the other boy which also makes him giggle.

Kyo rolls his eyes, pretending not to hear their little giggle fest. "You kids better stay quiet. I'll do the talking, 'kay?"

"Our lips are sealed, Uncle," Mutsuki says, mischievously raising the bag of snacks in his hand which Kyo bought them as a bribe.

Kyo doesn't really trust them, but oh, well. He did this to himself. He needs to man up and march right in to admit his stupid mistake to his sweet wife. He can do this- But God, she can be pretty scary when she's mad... plus the pregnancy hormones. Not to mention, she's been having the worst mood swings this time.

"Dad!" Hajime calls out in reminder again.

"I hear ya." Kyo frowns and slides open the entrance door.

Hajime and Mutsuki run inside by his either side, hollering, "We are back!"

"Welcome back, you two!" Tohru chirps from the kitchen.

"Welcome back. Did you both have fun playing outside?"

Oh, fuck, that's Yuki's voice.

Now, Kyo is for sure dead. Yuki is going to add fuel to Tohru's fire. Maybe he should just turn back and come back later after Yuki is gone and explain everything to Tohru alone-

"Yep, we did, Uncle! Oh, and Dad's back too!" Hajime adds before running to the living room with Mutsuki towards his little brother who is playing by himself.

And there goes that plan.

Kyo sighs and takes off his shoes in the genkan, then heads to the den of the cute demon. Tohru is standing near the stove, about to put a frying pan-the most lethal weapon in Kyo's eyes-on it, and Yuki is sitting on one of the dining table chairs with a cup of coffee in front of him.

Tohru is looking at Kyo over her shoulder as he comes into the kitchen. "Kyo-kun? Why are you back already?"

Kyo immediately looks away and only manages to awkwardly let out, "Um... Hey, Yuki. What's up?"

"Kyo-kun, you can greet Yuki-kun later. He's not going anywhere until lunch. Look at me," she demands. "What happened to your 10 o'clock class? It was supposed to run till 11:30, didn't it?" It's only eleven now, so why is he back already and averting his gaze from her? He only avoids eye contact when he does something wrong and thinks she's going to be mad about it-and he's never wrong for thinking that. Oh, dear God, what did he do now?

"Uh, Tohru, can I talk to you in private?" Kyo murmurs.

Tohru wishes she could go and patiently hear him out, but... "No, I've something in the oven, so I can't leave the kitchen right now."

Kyo looks at Yuki who is enjoying his coffee, unbothered. Yuki looks back at Kyo and innocently says, "Do you need me to leave, Kyo?"

God, yes, please! Go away, you damn rat!