69. Happy Birthday, Kyo!

A/N: It's like a prior chapter to '59. camping went wrong'.

By the way, guys, the updates are gonna get slower from now on. Like one or two chapters a week? I have exams coming up and school's been busy lately. I don't have enough time. And I have been given some new medicines which get me really sleepy and I'm the type of person who can't write until it's late-night, so it's getting harder. I have got many chapters written already in draft, but I can't even find the strength to edit, and I never publish without editing. But no worries, I do plan to continue. This is my safe haven, after all. I get peace from writing these one-shots.  Anyways, enjoy~

55. "It's nice that your face is the first thing I saw today."

It's five on a Saturday morning.

Kyo opens his eyes to find beautiful warm brown eyes staring down at him. She looks gorgeous, smiling down dazedly at him like an angel, her hair slightly messy, propped up on one elbow and her other arm clutching the duvet to her chest.

He has to blink a few times to make sure it's real.

What time is it? Did he oversleep?

Tohru is almost never up before him. Could she not sleep well last night? Or did he perhaps push her off the bed and she's actually sweetly glaring at him right now?

His confusion is soon answered when she leans down from her propped elbow to kiss his lips and whispers, "Happy birthday, Kyo."

Oh, right. It's that day of the year. He can't find the usual annoyance regarding this day, not when he has everything he could have ever wanted.

He smiles and replies, "Thanks, Tohru."

"How are you feeling today?"

He snuggles closer to her and mumbles groggily, "For starters, it's nice that your face is the first thing I saw today."

She giggles. "Well, that was the plan."

"Is that why you woke up so early?"

"Yes!" she answers proudly.

"When did you get up?"

"At four."

He looks up with wide eyes. "What? That early? You do know that on weekends I sleep until six, right?"

She blushes shyly and reasons, "I know, but I wasn't sure when you'd open your eyes first. You once said you always automatically wake up at five. So just in case..."

"You woke at four to wish me a happy birthday whenever I opened my eyes?" he asks incredulously. Where does she even get these ideas?

She nods. Now that he has worded it out, she does feel kind of silly.

Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?" he sighs fondly, then asks curiously, "What did you do until now?"

She fidgets a little before answering, "Would you say I'm creepy if I admit I stared at you the whole time and daydreamed?"

Kyo chuckles amusedly and hugs her tighter, burying his face in her neck. "Well, I would say no. But some people might say you got influenced by Edward Cullen," he said, referencing the vampire movie Saki took them to watch.

Tohru laughs both from his reply and the way his breath is tickling her neck. "In that case, I have to only take your opinion and ignore the other ones."

He hums, starting to nip on the crook of her crook. "By the way, what did you daydream about?"

"Not telling."