56. Sexy Driver

A/N: *Mature Content*

20. "You always do this."

"Tohru, you do know that we have to get there before tonight, right?" Kyo says skeptically.

"I know!" Tohru answers impatiently, tightening her grip on the steering wheel.

"So we can—"

"Kyo-kun, please shut up," she requests with a small groan.

She is already frustrated enough with her driving skills. She doesn't need her husband complaining every five minutes—apparently, she's driving so slow that even grannies could walk faster.

It's not her fault that she just... sucks.

But she really wants to get better. That's why she always insists to drive to Tokyo. Kyo always lets her drive until she can't anymore. They now rent a car to go down to Tokyo most of the time since it's more fun throughout the drive and they can pull to stops as they please, taking pictures or having some local delicacies.

The reason for today's traveling is Yuki's wedding, which is the day after tomorrow. Tonight is his bachelor and Machi's bachelorette party. Kyo and Tohru are invited respectively, and Kyo is fussing because he's apparently afraid he won't get there in time and has to hear Yuki taunt him about it.

Tohru and Kyo started learning to drive right after he turned twenty. While he may get reckless sometimes which he likes to label as 'these slowpokes do this deliberately to fucking piss me off!', he can drive just fine. Meanwhile, Tohru... well, she sucks. She is those 'slowpokes', except he doesn't explicitly curse at her because she's his wife and probably is just cursing her in his head right now.

"I can shut up if you want, Tohru, but I ain't taking the blame from your favorite Yuki if I miss his party," Kyo grumbles.

"Yes, I know that," she murmurs while hyper-focusing on the road ahead of her.

"Y'know, you can speed up a little. The road is straight—"

"Kyo-kun," she warns sternly.

"Right, shut up, Kyo," he says to himself and zips his mouth.

She sighs. "I'm sorry, Kyo-kun. I know you hate sitting still like this." She exhales another breath. "If you want, I can pull to a stop and you can stretch a little—"

"No, it's not that..." he mumbles.

She takes a brief glance at him. She can't take in his expression as he's looking outside the window with his head turned away from her and his arms crossed over his chest. She can't help but think he looks so hot. Especially in that white button-up shirt.

She quickly averts her eyes back to the front, afraid that she might crash into what Kyo says 'air'. But he doesn't know! A kitty could be crossing the road!

She's about to speak to him when his phone rings up.

Kyo sighs loudly and takes his phone out of his jeans pocket. He puts his phone to his ear and says, "Yeah, Dad?"

Tohru glances at him again, then looks ahead, carefully listening to understand her husband's mood.

"Um, let's see... Late tonight?" He pauses, then chuckles. "No, don't wait up for us." Again pause. "I'm not kidding. You know how fast," he eyes her, "Tohru drives," she can literally hear the sarcasm dripping from his voice and smiles sheepishly. "Yep, I know it's only two." Pause. "No, we left two hours ago, and lemme tell you, we are just in our neighboring prefecture." She can't help but feel a little irritated by his words, even though he is not exaggerating. "Yeah, we can have some time together before I need to leave for the party if only your daughter-in-law decides to drive faster than a tortoise." But seriously, he's not helping with her frustrations. "I know this happens every time..."